Sonos PLAYBAR - Clearance / Open Box Details
SONOS PLAYBAR: The soundbar that streams all the music on earth
- Sonos HiFi sound for your HiDef television
Flood any room with epic, full-theater HiFi sound and wirelessly stream all the music on earth through one easy-to-use soundbar.
- Wirelessly stream all the music on earth
Enjoy a universe of music in every room- your iTunes library, your favorite music services, and more than 100,000 free Internet radio stations, podcasts and shows.
- Easy to set up
PLAYBAR connects to your TV using a single optical cable and plays everything that’s connected to the TV, including cable boxes and game consoles.
- Control your way
Control PLAYBAR volume and mute using your existing TV, cable or universal remote. And for streaming music you can download the free Sonos Controller Apps for your smartphone, tablet or computer.
- Easy to expand wirelessly
Expand your Sonos system throughout the entire house, with PLAYBAR as the centerpiece of an immersive surround sound experience and wireless audio system.
HDTVs offer an amazing picture but often lack the powerful, realistic sounds that movie, music, and gaming enthusiasts enjoy. The SONOS PLAYBAR wireless soundbar delivers sophisticated home theater acoustics and wirelessly streams all the music on earth through one streamlined, easy-to-use soundbar.KEY FEATURES
Sonos HiFi sound for your Hi-Def television
The nine-speaker design (6 mid woofer, 3 tweeter) of SONOS PLAYBAR complements cinematic HD televisions with richly textured HiFi sound for TV, web, movies or video games.
It automatically adjusts to the differences between shoot ‘em up action flicks, Shakespearean dramas, and live concerts to deliver the sound as it was intended.
For after-hours viewing, Night Mode compresses the volume so you can hear all the details without waking the family.
The PLAYBAR plays all sources plugged into your TV: cable and satellite boxes, Blu-ray™ players, and video game consoles-through the single optical input on the back. It also plays all common audio formats from TVs, including Dolby Digital 2.0, Dolby Digital 5.1, and PCM.
Wirelessly stream all the music on earth
PLAYBAR is also a stand-alone all-in-one Sonos speaker that allows you to wirelessly stream all the music on earth — your iTunes® library, your favorite music services, and thousands of Internet radio stations, shows and podcasts.
Sonos works seamlessly with your iTunes collection, Spotify™, Pandora®, Sirius XM™, TuneIn, Rhapsody®, AmazonCloud, Songza, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, Slacker, 7Digital, MOG, Rdio®, Last.fm, Murfie, Wolfgang’s Vault®, AUPEO!, Stitcher™, Dar.fm, Hearts of Space and downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks.
Easy to set up
PLAYBAR is quick and easy to set up. Just plug the power cord in, attach the optical cord to your TV and connect to your router or the SONOS BRIDGE (sold separately).
PLAYBAR can sit flat on your TV table or console. If your TV is wall-mounted, PLAYBAR may be placed horizontally above or below the TV. For an easy and secure wall-mounting solution, use the PLAYBAR Wall Mount Kit (sold separately).
Control your way
Control PLAYBAR volume and mute using your existing TV, cable or universal remote.
To wirelessly stream all the music on earth simply download the free Sonos Controller Apps to control PLAYBAR with your Android smartphone or tablet, iPhone, or iPad and stream your music even when your TV is off. Download from the Android Market™ or iTunes App Store.
Easy to expand wirelessly
Easily expand your Sonos wireless audio system: set up Sonos in one room, then add as many Sonos speakers as you wish to your home theater or throughout your home to enjoy HiFi audio throughout the entire house.
For your TV…
3.0 Home Theater
PLAYBAR connects to your TV with a single cable and plays all sources, including satellite boxes and game consoles.
3.1 Home Theater
Pair PLAYBAR with SONOS SUB and with the push of a button you can add spine-curling bass to your cinematic experience – wirelessly.
5.1 Home Theater
Add 2 SONOS PLAY:3 speakers and SUB to your PLAYBAR for a true surround sound experience wrapping you in deeply immersive, crystal clear, state of the art Sonos sound.
You can use PLAYBAR alone or extend the Sonos experience beyond the TV room by adding as many Sonos players throughout your home as you wish. Play different songs in one room or blast the same song everywhere, in perfect party sync.
One Sonos component must be connected to your router using a standard Ethernet cable.
- If the PLAYBAR is within reach of your router, you can connect directly.
- If not, connect the BRIDGE directly to your router and the PLAYBAR will work wirelessly.
What’s in the box
AC Power cord
Optical audio cable
Sonos Quickstart Guide
What you need
TV with optical audio output
Broadband wireless internet connection
One Sonos component wired to router
Macintosh® OS X (10.6 or higher)
Sonos Controller App (to control music streaming services; system requirements subject to change)
Check compatibility list
|Name||Sonos PLAYBAR - Clearance / Open Box|
|Sub Title||TV Soundbar and Wireless Speaker for Streaming Music|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER|
- Nine Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to match the nine dedicated speaker drivers and the acoustic architecture.
- Three tweeters create the crispest and clearest high-frequency response.
- Six mid-woofers give you the full range of sound effects and music from the left and right channels, and crisp, clear dialog from the center. Mid-woofers act together as a phased speaker array so what you hear matches what you see on screen.
- Optical input to connect to your TV. Allows Playbar to speak DOLBY DIGITAL and stereo.
- Adjustable bass, treble, and loudness controls to customize your sound preferences.
- Autoplay setting lets you choose whether or not TV audio will begin playback automatically.
- Power & Networking:
- Power supply: Auto-switching 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz AC universal input.
- WiFi, not Bluetooth: Connects to your home WiFi network with any 802.11b/g, 2.4 GHz broadcast-capable router for uninterrupted wireless streaming.
- Ethernet ports: Two 10/100 Mbps Ethernet ports to connect Playbar to a wired home network and bring standard Internet connectivity to other devices.
- System requirements: TV with optical audio output. Broadband Internet in your home. Internet-connected TV not required.
- Dimensions while mounted- H x W x D: 3.35 x 35.43 x 5.51 in. (85 x 900 x 140 mm).
- Dimensions while resting - H x W x D: 3.35 x 35.43 x 5.51 in. (85 x 900 x 140 mm).
- Weight: 11.9 lbs. (5.4 kg).
- Side panel buttons & lights: Volume and Play/Pause buttons. LED indicates Sonos component status and mute status.
- Contents: Sonos Playbar, power cord, flat Ethernet cable, optical audio cable, Sonos QuickStart Guide.