Marantz AV8802A Details
Marantz AV8802A Network A/V Pre-amplifier/Processor: Elevate your Home Entertainment experience
- 13.2-channel preouts (11.2 channels for Balanced XLR connections) with 11.2-channel processing
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth built in
- Dolby Atmos processing, plus Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio
- Audiophile 32bit/192kHz DA-Converters
- Now with the HDCP 2.2 copy protection protocol needed to play back copy-protected 4K Ultra-HD content
- Current Feedback circuitry with Marantz New HDAM
- Toroidal transformer & Copper plated chassis
- Audyssey MultEQ XT32, LFC, Sub EQ HT, Pro ready
- Audyssey DSX; dts-Neo:X (11.1-ch)
- Latest HDMI version with 4K 60Hz 4:4:4 resolution
- 7+1 HDMI in / 3 out (4K 60Hz, 4:4:4, 3D, ARC, Deep Color)
- HDMI scaling 1080p, 4K 24/25/30Hz
- MP3, WAV, AAC, WMA, AIFF
- HD Audio streaming: FLAC 192/24, DSD, ALAC
- Spotify Connect, Flickr, SiriusXM, Pandora, and Internet Radio support
- Phono (MM) input
- Marantz Remote App for iOS and Android devices
- Auro-3D® upgrade-ready (up to Auro 10.1)
The Marantz AV8802A network A/V surround processor/pre-amp/tuner delivers cutting-edge audio and video performance for both music and home theater using advanced DSP and DAC technologies along with exclusive Marantz innovations such as HDAM and Current Feedback.
You’ll experience the ultimate in cinematic surround sound with Dolby Atmos, the most advanced motion picture surround sound system ever developed. Dolby Atmos features object-based soundspace creation and reproduction, with the ability to place sound elements with pinpoint precision via front, side and surround speakers along with overhead speakers or up-firing Dolby Atmos enabled speakers.
A whole new world of content is at your command thanks to the many built-in network features, which include Wi-Fi and Bluetooth wireless connectivity and support for Internet radio along with subscription streaming services including Pandora®, SiriusXM and Spotify Connect.
Dolby Atmos Surround Decoding
Introduced in premier movie theaters in 2012, Dolby Atmos has become the de facto standard for enveloping and immersive motion picture sound, and features the ability to dramatically expand the dimensional sound experience through the use of multiple overhead loudspeakers that can be individually addressed, to allow pinpoint acoustical imaging at precise locations within the room. Since its introduction, Dolby Atmos has been embraced by award-winning directors, sound designers and soundtrack mixers, and many recent blockbuster movies feature soundtracks mastered in Dolby Atmos.
Now, Marantz brings the Dolby Atmos experience home, and the AV8802A features outputs that can be configured for 1 or 2 pairs of overhead speakers and/or add-on Dolby Atmos speaker modules.
The Atmos decoder also features upconversion from conventional surround soundtracks to deliver the ultimate three-dimensional experience with your favorite movies and concerts.
4K Ultra HD Video Processing; 4K 50/60Hz Pass-through; 4:4:4 Pure Color
Featuring an advanced video processing section, the AV8802A fully supports next generation 4K Ultra HD high resolution video, along with the latest generation HDMI specification including 4K 50/60Hz pass-through and 4:4:4 Pure Color full color resolution sub-sampling.
The AV8802A can upscale 1080p content to 4K and also upscale and transcode HD and SD analog video sources, so you can connect modern as well as legacy video sources and run just a single HDMI cable to your flat panel TV or projector.
Advanced Wireless Networking with Bluetooth® and Wi-Fi®
Stream your favorite audio tracks wirelessly to the AV8802A thanks to the built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi (b/g/n) wireless functions. Equipped with dual Bluetooth/Wi-Fi antennas, the AV8802A lets you enjoy wireless streaming from your smartphone, tablet and portable music player. Via the Wi-Fi or LAN connection to your home network, the AV8802A opens up a whole world of streaming audio capabilities, letting you listen to any of thousands of internet radio stations. You can also enjoy streaming music from subscription services including SiriusXM and Pandora and listen to Spotify via the Spotify Connect app on your smart device.
The AV8802A is also equipped with Apple AirPlay®, so you can stream wirelessly from your iPod touch®, iPhone® and iPad®.
You can also connect the AV8802A directly to your home network via the wired RJ-45 LAN connection, and there's a convenient front panel USB port for direct connection and charging to your iPod®, iPod touch, iPhone and iPad, and connection to a portable USB device.
8 HDMI Inputs, 3 HDMI Outputs
There are 8 HDMI inputs including 1 conveniently located on the front panel, and 3 HDMI outputs that let you drive 2 different displays in the main room (flat panel and front projector, for example) and another HDMI display in the 2nd zone, and they conform to the latest HDMI specification for 4K Ultra HD compatibility. HDCP 2.2 will be supported via future upgrade (requires hardware modification).
AM/FM HD Radio
Enjoy your favorite radio stations with digital clarity via HD Radio. With HD Radio, AM sounds like FM, and FM sounds like CD.
Audyssey platinum built in
With Audyssey MultEQ XT32, you can quickly and easily measure and configure your particular home theater setup for optimum sound quality precisely tailored to your home theater room's acoustics. With 8 measurement points, MultEQ XT32 generates a full set of precision digital filters to deliver the most accurate and natural tonal balance. The AV8002 is also Audyssey Installer Pro ready for even more acoustical calibration accuracy.
Audyssey Dynamic Volume tames large variances in volume levels (such as loud commercials), and Dynamic EQ delivers a full range tonal balance at any volume level. Audyssey LFC (Low Frequency Containment) uses advanced psycho-acoustic algorithms to provide deep bass without annoying neighbors or other family members. Audyssey DSX provides dynamic sound expansion, dramatically expanding the front soundstage via additional front wide, front height or even front wide and front height audio channels.
Auro-3D3D® is the next generation three-dimensional audio standard. It provides a realistic sound experience unlike anything before. By fully immersing the listener in a cocoon of life-like sound, Auro-3D3D® creates the sensation of actually ‘being there’. Thanks to a unique 'Height' channel configuration, recorded acoustic reflections are reproduced by these speakers and are heard naturally due to the fact that sounds originate from around as well as above the listener. Once upgraded with the Auro®- Codec Decoder, the AV8802A is capable of decoding the original Auro-3D® mix and playing back an Auro 10.1-channel configuration (including “Voice of God” channel). The Auro-3D3D® Upgrade can be purchased for $199.
32-bit D/A Conversion on All Channels; Balanced XLR Input and Outputs
Featuring premium grade AK4490 32-bit DACs on all channels, the AV8802A also features XLR input and outputs. There's a balanced XLR stereo input that's assignable as well as 15 balanced XLR outputs, which includes the 2 subwoofer outputs and front height/width and overhead channels.
This extensive balanced XLR compatibility ensures top performance in the home as well as the studio, especially when there are long cable runs between the AV8802A and power amplifiers situated elsewhere. 19 pre-outs (RCA jacks) provide additional compatibility with multiple power amplifier types.
3 Zone/3 Source Advanced Multi-room Capability
Enjoy your favorite movie or music in the main room, while others can enjoy listening to 2 different sources in other rooms. The Zone 2 and Zone 3 pre-amp outputs both feature variable level controls.
|Sub Title||Network A/V Preamplifier|
|Special price displayed in cart only||No|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
|CA Prop 65||N/A|
Multichannel Surround :
- DTS HD Master / DTS:X: Yes / (upgrade)
- DTS Neo:X / DTS Neural:X: No / Yes (11ch)(update)
- Dolby TrueHD / Dolby Atmos: Yes / Yes
- Dolby ProLogic llz / Dolby Surround: No / Yes
- Auro 3D: Yes (upgrade)
- Audyssey DSX: Yes
- Multichannel Stereo: Yes
- Max Number of Processing (Preamp) Channels: 11.2
Sound Enhancements :
- Copper Plated Chassis: Yes
- Power Transformer: Toroidal / EI: Yes/ No
- Current Feedback Topology: Yes
- Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Modules (HDAM): Yes
- Pure Direct: Yes
- High Grade Audio Components: Yes
- Gold plated RCA terminals: Yes
- Clock Jitter Reducer: Yes
- Audyssey: MultEQ XT32 (PRO)
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ / Dynamic Volume: Yes / Yes
- Audyssey LFC: Yes
- Compressed Audio Enhancer: MDAX2: Yes
- DLNA Certified: Yes (v1.5)
- Lossy formats: MP3 / WMA / AAC: Yes / Yes / Yes
- Lossless formats: FLAC / ALAC / WAV: Yes / Yes / Yes
- DSD Audio Streaming: Yes
- FLAC HD 192/24: Yes
- WAV 192/24: Yes
- ALAC 96/24: Yes
- Gapless Playback: Yes (FLAC, WAV)
- Photo streaming (JPEG): Yes
- AirPlay Audio Streaming: Yes
- Internet Radio: Yes (vTuner)
- Spotify Connect/ Pandora / SiriusXM: Yes / Yes / Yes
- Compatible with Remote APP for Smart Phones: Android/iOS
- Compatible with Remote APP for Tablets: Yes
- Ethernet Ports: Yes
- Wi-Fi: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- HDMI Inputs: Back / Front: 7 / 1
- HDCP2.2 Support: Yes
- HDMI Outputs: Main / Zone: 2 / 1
- Video Conversion Analog -> HDMI: Yes
- Analog to HDMI Scaling: up to 4K 60/50
- HDMI to HDMI Scaling: up to 4K 60/50
- GUI Overlay on HDMI: Yes
- HDMI: 3D / 4K / CEC / ARC : Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes
- HDMI Pass-Through in Standby Mode: Yes
- Picture Adjust / Noise Reduction: Yes / Yes
- DSD Audio Capability: Yes
- Auto LipSync: Yes
- Multi-Room Zones: 3
- Zone Audio Source: HDMI / Opt, Coax / Network, USB / Analog: Yes (2ch) / Yes (2ch) / Yes / Yes
- Zone Audio Output: Speaker / Preout: No/ Yes
- Zone HDMI Output from HDMI Source: Yes
- IP Control / RS232 Control / Web Control / App Control: Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes
- IR Flasher In: Yes
- Marantz Remote Bus: Yes
- DC Trigger Output: 2
- Auto Speaker Setup by Microphone: Yes
- FL Display: Yes
- Graphic User Interface - GUI: Advanced
- ISF Certification: Yes
- GUI Languages: 3
- Setup Assistant: Yes
- Smart Select: Yes
- Firmware Update by Network / USB: Yes / Yes
- Variable Cross Over: Yes
- Optimized Bass Redirection: Yes
- Bass Sync: Yes
- ECO Mode: No
- Auto Power off: Yes
- Sleep Timer: Yes
- Composite In / Out: 4+1 / 2
- Component In / Out: 3 / 1
- HDMI In / Out: 7+1 / 3
- Multi-Room Video Out: Video / HDMI: Yes / Yes
- Analog In / Out: 6+1 (1 x XLR)/ No
- Phono (MM) In: Yes
- Digital In: Optical / Coaxial: 2 / 2
- Multi-Room Out: Analog / Digital: 2 / No
- Multichannel Pre Out: Yes (13.2 RCA & 13.2 XLR)
- Subwoofer Out: 2 (independant)
- 7.1 Multichannel Input: Yes
- Speaker A / B: assignable pre out
- Bi-Amp Drive: assignable pre out
- Multi-Room Speaker Terminal: pre out
- Front Inputs: Audio / Composite / Digital (Opt) / HDMI / USB: Yes / Yes / No / Yes / Yes
- USB Audio / Made for iPod / Made for iPhone: Yes / Yes / Yes
- HD Radio (AM/FM): Yes
- Metal Front Panel: Yes
- System Remote Control: RC027SR
- Pre-Programmed / Learnable / LCD Display: Yes / Yes / Yes
- Power Consumption in W: 90
- Power Consumption No-Sound (ECO ...on / off) in W: No
- Standby Consumption in W: 0.2
- CEC Standby Consumption in W: 0.5
- Network Standby Consumption in W: 4.5
- Maximum Dimensions :
- Antenna: Horizontal:(W x D x H) in mm: 17.3 x 16.1 x 7.3
- Antenna: Vertical :(W x D x H) in mm : 17.3 x 16.1 x 9.8
- W/o Antenna:(W x D x H) in mm : 17.3 x 15.3 x 7.3
- Weight in lbs. 30