Classé Sigma 2200i Details
Classé Audio Sigma 2200i Integrated Amplifier
- Stereo integrated amplifier
- 2 x 200W rms into 8Ω, 2 x 400W rms into 4Ω
- USB and Network streaming
- HDMI 2.0 switching and bass management
- Fully balanced (XLR) and single-ended (RCA) analog inputs with optional MM/MC phono, digital coax, optical, USB host and device, Ethernet for streaming and IP control
– Dennis Burger, HomeTheaterReview.com
The Classé Sigma 2200i Stereo Integrated Amplifier is designed for music lovers and AV enthusiasts who want high performance control and amplification from a diverse range audio sources. Its connectivity and processing power accommodate the ever increasing array of music and AV sources, allowing them to be accessed and enjoyed without compromise.
The Sigma 2200i is a powerful stereo integrated amplifier with features like USB and Network streaming, HDMI 2.0 switching and bass management to accommodate the evolving needs of a modern hi-fi system. It leverages the technical and performance advantages of the Sigma series separates to punch seriously above its weight class. As an integrated amplifier, the 2200i combines preamp and power amp functions in a single chassis. What’s special is its direct digital connection between the preamp section and the amplifier, which eliminates losses by removing digital-to-analog and analog-to-digital conversions from the signal path.
The preamp section of the 2200i features connectivity and circuit blocks found in the Delta series CP-800 and Sigma SSP. Inputs include fully balanced (XLR) and single-ended (RCA) analog with optional MM/MC phono, digital coax, optical, USB host and device, Ethernet for streaming and IP control and HDMI switching. Techniques like asynchronous synchronization and master clock mode allow us to manage the digital clocks for low jitter and high signal integrity. Analog sources are converted at 24/96 to preserve their original bandwidth and dynamic range.
Digital Signal Processing is available to all sources; you can use it for bass management with a subwoofer to fill dips in the frequency response in your room while a nine-band parametric EQ can simultaneously eliminate the frequency response peaks; a customizable tone control can tame or add life to your less-than-perfect recordings. It all adds up to better sound from every recording in any room.
Unlike outboard DACs and preamp/processors that must output analog signals for volume control and amplification, the 2200i leverages the true digital architecture of the proprietary Classé switching amplifier design, connecting the output of the preamp DSP directly to the DSP input of the amplifier. There aren’t any DACs or ADCs nor is there any unnecessary analog circuitry between. The signal path is as short and direct as possible; signals remain digital all the way to the amplifier output filters.
From the DSP input to the speaker terminals the amplifier portion of the 2200i is the same as an AMP2 or CA-D200. The input signal comes direct from the preamp DSP, remaining in the digital domain throughout. Managing the switching technology to achieve <3 nanoseconds of dead-band time, the 2200i boasts the same low distortion broad-band performance as Classé's separate amplifiers.
Power is supplied by Classé’s proprietary switch mode power supply with power factor correction. With over 1,000W available, the 2200i coasts through passages that would bring lesser amplifiers to their knees. In addition to supplying clean, rock-steady voltage to the circuitry, this supply pulls power cleanly and efficiently from the wall. And even if you don’t worry about power consumption, you will benefit from the performance and reliability achieved from the comparatively cool-running circuitry contained in the 2200i’s modestly sized chassis.
A front panel touchscreen and both Android and Apple apps provide sophisticated yet intuitive control. DLNA and AirPlay streaming are supported over the Network connection and AV switching with HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 allows convenient support of set top boxes, games and disc players. Whatever you want to listen to, you can be sure that the 2200i will stand ready to deploy its arsenal of resources, remain faithful to the music and reliably deliver many years of listening pleasure.
|Name||Classé Sigma 2200i|
|Sub Title||Integrated Amplifier|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
- USB audio: up to 24-bit/192 kHz
- USB (Host): charging capability 2.0 Amps
- AirPlay supported formats:
- AAC (8 to 320 Kbps),
- Protected AAC (from iTunes Store),
- HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps),
- MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4,
- Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
- DLNA supported formats: Apple lossless (ALAC), mp3, flac, wav, Ogg Vorbis, WMA, AAC
- Frequency response: 10Hz – 20kHz, -1dB into 4Ω
- Output Power:
- 2 x 200W rms into 8Ω
- 2 x 400W rms into 4Ω
- Harmonic distortion (THD+noise): 0.018% @ 1kHz Both channels driven to 1/8th power into 4Ω
- Maximum input level (single-ended): 2 Vrms
- Maximum input level (balanced): 4 Vrms
- Maximum output level: 113V peak to peak, 40Vrms
- Gain Range: -93 dB to +14 dB
- Input impedance (single-ended): 50 kΩ
- Input impedance (balanced): 100 kΩ
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 97 dB (re. full-scale input, unweighted)
- Standby power consumption:
- (Wake-on-Network enabled) < 3 W
- (Wake-on-Network disabled) < 0.5 W
- Rated power consumption: 185W
- Mains voltage: 90-264 V, 50/60 Hz
- Overall dimensions:
- Width: 17.00" (432mm)
- Depth (excluding connectors): 14.57" (370mm)
- Height: 5.50"(140mm)
- Net weight: 26.7 lb (12.11 kg)
- Shipping weight: 34.3 lbs (15.57 kg)