GoldenEar Triton Reference Details
GoldenEar Triton Reference Floorstanding Loudspeaker
- Two 6-inch High-Definition Cast-Basket Reference Bass/Midrange Drivers w/ Multi-Vaned Phase Plugs
- Optimized Dual-Chamber Upper Bass/Midrange Enclosure with Angled Rear and Side Walls
- High-Gauss Reference High-Velocity Folded Ribbon Tweeter (HVFR™) w/ Zobel Network
- Open-Cell Polyurethane Foam Damping Pads
- Proprietary Mix of Long-Fiber Lamb’s Wool and Dacron for Internal Damping
- Three 6-in x 10-in Quadratic Reference Sub-Bass Drivers w/ Massive Focused-Field Magnet Structures
- Elaborately Braced Accelerometer Optimized Non-Resonant Cabinet
- Linear-Phase Balanced Crossover Network w/ Film Capacitors and Bridging Cap
- Four Inertially-Balanced 10-1/4-in x 9-1/2-in Quadratic Planar Infrasonic Radiators
- Hybrid Phase-Perfect Electronic/ Passive Low Frequency Crossover
- 1800-Watt DSP-Controlled Class D Digital Amplifier with Programmable Logic Device Based State Machine
- Elegantly Sleek Piano Gloss Black Lacquer Finish Cabinet
- Massive 3/32-inch Thick Steel Plate Built Into the Base for Exceptional Structural Rigidity
– Dennis Burger, Home Theater Review
– Al Griffin, Sound & Vision
– Mike Mettler, Hi Res Audio Central
The GoldenEar Triton Reference is an evolution of everything that was achieved with the Triton One, but taken to a stunning new level of sonic performance and sophisticated visual design. All the components in the Reference – the active sub-bass drivers, upper-bass/midrange drivers, and high-velocity folded ribbon tweeter – are new, and have been specifically developed for use in the Reference. The fully balanced crossover is specially engineered for the Reference, and the powerful subwoofer amplifier and 56-bit DSP control unit are an evolution of those used in the Triton One and GoldenEar SuperSubs.
The new 6-inch upper/bass/midrange drivers are cast-basket units that incorporate a low-mass voice coil and a newly developed cone with unique low-mass bonding to the butyl rubber surround for improved transient response. In addition, they have a large, newly designed, specially engineered "Focused Field™" magnet structure, which better directs the magnet flux to the voicecoil gap. The newly engineered 6in x 10in active low-frequency drivers for the built-in powered subwoofers have 40% more surface area than the active drivers used in the Triton One, along with a larger diameter voicecoil and an even more massive magnet structure which also utilizes our Focused Field technology. The new Reference High-Velocity Folded-Ribbon tweeter incorporates 50% more rare-earth neodymium magnet material than do our other HVFR tweeters, for improved transient response and higher efficiency. The four inertially balanced 10.5in x 9.5in side-mounted (two on each side), planar, infrasonic radiators are similar to those used in the SuperSub X, but have been retooled to allow for even greater excursion.
There are a myriad of other significant upgrades and refinements, including: new internal wiring with a specially developed twist, further development of GoldenEar’s signature balanced crossover including film capacitors bridged across the high-pass section on the upper-bass/midrange drivers, a unique proprietary mix of long-fiber lamb’s wool and Dacron for more effective internal damping, intensive work with a high-resolution accelerometer to determine the most effective implementation of complex internal bracing, a 3/32in-thick steel plate built into the medite base to further stiffen it for increased stability, which results in higher resolution of subtle details, new stainless steel floor spikes and cups ... and many more.
Aesthetically, the Reference offers a strikingly beautiful upgrade to the classic Triton styling, with a gorgeous hand-rubbed piano gloss-black lacquer finished one-piece monocoque cabinet. Sleek, statuesque and refined, the Reference is simply a gorgeous statement piece that will excite listeners with its dynamic visual presence, as well as its extraordinary sonic.
Sonically, the Reference has been designed to perform with a dramatic and authoritative voice, comparable to speakers that sell for 10 and more times its surprisingly affordable price. They completely disappear, with superb three-dimensional imaging that stretches from wall to wall and beyond, and depth that makes the wall behind them seem to vanish. The astonishing bass is rock-solid with low-frequency performance that is tight, quick, highly impactful and musical with extension flat to 20Hz and below. Another GoldenEar signature is a silky smooth high end that extends to 35 kHz with a lifelike sheen but no trace of hardness, sibilance or stridency so common with lesser tweeters. Tremendous time and energy has been put into the voicing of the speaker and the seamless blending of the drivers, for unmatched musicality with all types of music, and home theater perfection. Rarely do speakers excel at both, but with their world-class neutrality, the Reference absolutely does. Moreover, the Reference’s extremely high 93.25 dB sensitivity is a special bonus, which gives it tremendous dynamic range and allows use with almost any high-quality amplifier, including many SET tube amps.
|Name||GoldenEar Triton Reference|
|Sub Title||Floorstanding Loudspeaker (Single Speaker)|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - IN STORE ONLY|
- Dimensions (height is with base installed, no spikes):
- 9-1/4˝ W x 18-3/4˝ D x 58˝ H
- Base: 13-5/8˝ W x 22-1/4˝ D
- Weight: 108 lbs (product) / 150 lbs (shipping)
- Frequency Response: 12 Hz - 35 kHz
- Efficiency: 93.25 dB
- Nominal Impedance: Compatible with 8 ohms
- Driver Complement:
- Three - 6˝ x 10˝ Long-Throw Quadratic Reference Subwoofers, coupled to:
- Four - 9-1/2˝ x 10-1/2˝ Quadratic Planar Infrasonic Radiators
- Two - 6" High-Definition Cast-Basket Reference Mid/Bass Drivers
- One - High Gauss Reference High-Velocity Folded Ribbon (HVFR™) Tweeter
- Recommended Amplification: 20 - 750 watt/channel
- Built-In Subwoofer Power Amplification: 1800 watt ForceField digital/56 bit DSP Subwoofer Amplifier
- Power Requirements/ Consumption: Low Voltage Version - 120 V at 60Hz / 1800 Watts; High Voltage Version - 240 V at 50Hz / 1800 Watts (Approved for NA (TUV) and the CE market.)