GoldenEar SuperSub X Details
- Two 8" High Output Bass Drivers
- Two 9-1/2" x 10-1/2" Infrasonic Radiators
- Gloss Black finish
- Discrete multi-band limiting
- Phase-perfect equalization
- Fully balanced and advanced reconstruction filters
—Mark Henninger, AVS
The ultra-compact SuperSub X (just a little bigger than a 12-1/2" cube) utilizes the same dual-plane, patented* inertially-balanced driver array like the SuperSub XXL, but instead employs two horizontally-opposed 8˝ ultra-long-throw active drivers and two vertically-opposed 10-1/2˝ x 9-1/2˝ planar infrasonic radiators, driven by a 1400 watt Class D Digital amplifier.
GoldenEar’s new SuperSub™ Series subwoofers are award-winning, vibration-cancelling compact subwoofers which can produce incredible levels of clean, accurate, powerful and precise low frequency output in your listening room.
These ultra-high-performance yet amazingly compact subwoofers incorporate many recently developed unique and advanced technologies and components. The aim was to create beautifully styled, finely finished, reasonably sized subwoofers that could generate very low frequency pressure waves of extremely high amplitude, while delivering accurate and precise low frequency performance that is both highly impactful and extremely musical.
To achieve this, GoldenEar incorporated a unique, patented* 360 degree dual-plane inertially-balanced driver and sub-bass radiator topology, combined with a very advanced electronics package. With two active drivers separated horizontally in space, as well as two passive radiators separated vertically, the driver-to-room coupling is distributed much more smoothly, for in-room bass performance that can’t typically be achieved with a single subwoofer.
The electronics packages that drive the SuperSub’s fully balanced array are a 1600 watt (XXL) and 1400 watt (X) Class D Digital amplifiers whose design is based on the technology originally developed for the GoldenEar Triton One tower. Features include: Discrete multi-band limiting, phase-perfect equalization, fully balanced and advanced reconstruction filters and a strong focus on keeping latency to an absolute minimum. Input facilities include a direct-coupled, unfiltered LFE input for home theater, or stereo Left/Right low level inputs with low-pass for two-channel setups. Sonically, the result of all this technology is rock-solid bass response that is both exceptionally fast and tuneful for music and extraordinarily deep and powerful for most extreme movie sound effects.
|Name||GoldenEar SuperSub X|
|Sub Title||Powered Subwoofer|
|Manufacturer Part#||SUPERSUB X|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
- Dimensions: 14˝ W x 12-3/4˝ H (w/ feet) x 13-1/4˝ D
- Weight: 40 lbs (product) / 51 lbs (shipping)
- Frequency Response: 12 Hz – 250 kHz
- Driver Complement:
- Two 8˝ long-throw high-output bass drivers
- Two 10-1/2˝ x 9-1/2˝ quadratic planar infrasonic radiators
- Amplifier: 1400 Watt ForceField digital amplifier
- LFE Line-Level Input: Unfiltered (no low pass), direct-coupled
- Right/Left Line-Level Input: Variable Low-Pass from 40 Hz – 150 Hz
- Fuse Size:
- 6-amp 250-volt slow blow fuse (110-volt version)
- 4-amp 250-volt slow-blow fuse (240-volt version)
- Power Requirements/Consumption (Approved for NA (TUV) and the CE market):
- Low Voltage Version - 120 V at 50 or 60 Hz/1400 Watts
- High Voltage Version - 240 V at 50 or 60 Hz/1400 Watts