GoldenEar Aon 3 - Clearance / Open Box Details
GoldenEar Aon 3 Compact Bookshelf Speaker: Rich, full-range sound even without a sub!
- One HVFR™ (High-Velocity Folded Ribbon) tweeter
- One 7-inch, High-Definition, Multi-Vaned Phase Plug (MVPP™), cast-basket Mid-Bass Driver
- Two 8-inch Inertially-balanced side-mounted Low Frequency Radiators
— Brent Butterworth, Sound & Vision magazine
The high-performance Aon 3 Compact Bookshelf Monitor was originally developed for use as a nearfield monitors for professional mixing. The idea was to produce a shelf or stand-mountable speaker that could achieve accurate high-definition sonic reproduction, with superb three-dimensional imaging, comparable to that of GoldenEar’s award-winning Triton Two Towers. Although the Aon 3 doesn’t have quite the bass response of the Triton Towers, it can still deliver rich, full-range sound without the need for a separate subwoofer.
The Aon 3 features a 7-inch GoldenEar-designed cast-basket bass/midrange drivers and costly High Velocity Folded Ribbon (HVFR™) high frequency radiator, both of which are derived from technology developed for the Triton Towers. The Aon 3 also uses two side-mounted 8-inch planar low-frequency radiators in a dynamically balanced configuration in order to properly load the bass/midrange drivers for an open, box-less midrange, which also produces remarkably extended bass for such a small enclosure.
With non-parallel cabinet walls and the reduced baffle area around the tweeter, the Aon’s truncated-pyramid construction results in significant performance advantages. The sleek, attractive shape and design details such as piano-gloss black end-caps make for a beautiful, elegantly distinctive speaker.
|Name||GoldenEar Aon 3 - Clearance / Open Box|
|Sub Title||Compact Bookshelf Speaker (Single Speaker)|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER|
- Dimensions: 9" (22.9 cm) W x 11" (27.9 cm) D x 14" (35.6 cm) H
- Weight: Product: 15 lbs (6.8 kg) / Shipping: 17 lbs (7.7 kg)
- Frequency Response: 38 Hz - 35 kHz
- Efficiency: 90 dB
- Nominal Impedance: Compatible with 8 ohms
- Driver Complement:
- One - 7" Cast-Basket Mid/Bass Driver
- One - HVFR™ High-Velocity Folded Ribbon Tweeter
- Two - 8" Side-Mounted Planar Low-Frequency Radiators
- Recommended Amplification: 10 - 250 watt/channel