Polk TSi500 Details
Polk TSi500 High Performance Tower Speaker: The perfect introduction to audiophile sound
- 1-inch Silk Dome Dynamic Balance tweeter deliver clear and detailed highs
- Four 6-1/2-inch polymer mid/bass drivers cones for smooth, natural sound
- High performance crossover system boosts performance with premium components
- Dual gold-plated, professional-style 5-way binding posts allow bi-amp or bi-wire connections
The Polk TSi500 is a tall, stylishly narrow floorstanding tower loudspeaker built of braced MDF with a beautiful furniture finish. Its transducer components are designed and engineered in a similar fashion to those of speakers costing twice or even three times as much. The 1-inch Silk Dome Dynamic Balance tweeter creates precise, realistic high frequencies. Four 6-1/2-inch drivers work in conjunction with the specially designed narrow baffle geometry to deliver more sound from more driver area than larger speakers, with a wide, realistic image and smooth full range dynamics thanks to a flared-port bass vent.
- TSi design combines smaller drivers (for more overall driver area with less driver mass) and narrow baffle geometry (taking up less than one square foot of floor space), for wider range and more spacious soundstaging, so every seat in the house hears a prime performance.
- Unlike horns or metal domes, silk dome tweeters deliver clear and detailed highs, without fatigue, even at high volume.
- Durable, efficient, and tuned with our Dynamic Balance process, TSi Series polymer cones produce smooth, natural sound.
- Surprisingly deep, musical bass response thanks to Polk’s critically tuned flared port venting system, which minimizes port noise ("chuffing") and smooths the turbulence of port air flow, to reveal big, full-bodied bass that blends effortlessly with the speaker's overall dynamics.
- All Polk loudspeakers are timbre-matched within their series, designed with the same components throughout, to achieve seamless speaker-to-speaker blending effects in multi-channel systems.
- High efficiency design results in sound that's spacious and clear, warm and realistic, when combined with practically any electronics, even the most modestly-powered amplifier or receiver.
- The high performance crossover system boosts performance with premium components, like mylar bypass capacitors, to extend response in the higher, more detail-oriented frequencies.
- Dual gold-plated, professional-style 5-way binding posts allow bi-amp or bi-wire connections for the ultimate in customized high performance audio.
- Fat stabilizer feet on TSi Series floorstanding models make a solid stand on both carpet and hard wood floors, with the stability and efficiency to deliver more precise bass response and superior imaging.
|Sub Title||Floorstanding Speaker (Single Speaker)|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
- Amplifier Specs - 220V Availability: No
- Dimensions - Product Weight (each): 45.00 pounds
- Dimensions Cabinet Dimensions - Depth: 14 3/4 (37.47cm) "
- Dimensions Cabinet Dimensions - Height: 44 3/8 (112.71cm) "
- Dimensions Cabinet Dimensions - Width: 8 1/4 (20.96cm) "
- Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Diameter: 6 1/2 (16.51cm) "
- Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Quantity: 4
- Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Type: Bi-laminate organic fiber cone
- Driver Complement Tweeter - Diameter: 1 (2.54cm) "
- Driver Complement Tweeter - Quantity: 1
- Driver Complement Tweeter - Type: Silk dome Dynamic Balance
- Electrical - Efficiency: 91 dB
- Electrical - Inputs: Dual 5 way binding posts
- Electrical - Lower -3dB Limit: 38 Hz
- Electrical - Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Electrical - Recommended Amplifier Power: 20-275 watts per channel
- Electrical - Total Frequency Response: 28Hz-25kHz
- Electrical - Upper -3dB Limit: 24KHz kHz
- Shipping - Total Shipping Weight: 50.40 pounds
- Warranty - Speaker Warranty: 5 years parts and labor (original purchaser)
- What's in the Box
- tower speaker
- Detachable cloth grille (installed)
- Owner's Manual
- Wall-Mount template
- Online registration sheet
- Polk Audio product brochure