B&W Marine 8 Details
Bowers & Wilkins Marine 8: See nothing, Hear everything!
- 2-Way System
- Soft dome tweeter
- Polypropylene cone bass/midrange
Marine 8 is a two-way loudspeaker with a soft dome tweeter and a polypropylene bass/midrange driver. It boasts an IP66 rating for incredible ruggedness when installed and although it is the larger of the Marine Series loudspeakers it fits into a shallow depth of 93 mm (3.7 in) with a cut-out of 249 mm (9.8 in).
The larger of the two speakers in the Bowers & Wilkins Marine Series, the Marine 8 features a 25 mm (1 in) tweeter and a 200 mm (8 in) polypropylene bass/midrange driver. This combination is capable of delivering pristine sound in the most severe of environments.
The speaker boasts an IP66 rating, which meaning it is capable of surviving the extremes of temperature, salt spray and hosing down that occurs in a marine environment. The metal grille and fixings are marine-grade stainless steel. The driver chassis uses a non-corroding rigid polymer and the tweeter dome has a rear support to prevent permanent deformation when hosed down.
This ruggedness means that Marine 8 is also capable of providing great sound in a variety of other unforgiving circumstances.
|Name||B&W Marine 8|
|Sub Title||Marine Grade Ceiling Speaker - Pair|
|Manufacturer||Bowers & Wilkins|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
- Description : 2-way system
- Drive Units :
- 1x ø25mm (1in) Soft dome tweeter
- 1x ø200mm (8in) polypropylene cone bass/midrange
- Frequency Range (-6dB): 55Hz – 30kHz
- Recommended Amp Power: 20 – 80w
- Sensitivity: 90dB (2.83V, 1m)
- Impedance Nominal (min) : 8Ω
- Frame Size: 11.5" (292mm)
- Cut-out Size: 10" (253mm)
- Depth behind surface (.5" minimum wall): 3.7" (93mm)
- Shipping Weight: 2 per carton 9.7 lbs.
- Pre-mount Kit: C8
- Back Box: 6C (not suitable for marine applications)