Sony HAP-Z1ES Details
- Playback of DSD and the full range of Hi-Res file formats
- Analog FIR filters
- 1TB hard drive for local music playback and storage
- DSD re-mastering engine converts all signals to DSD signals
- Built-in Wi-Fi for app control and music transfer
— Kalman Rubinson, Stereophile
Built like a tank
The FBB chassis, composed of a heavy frame, beam and base, is the cornerstone of the HAP-Z1ES. Consisting of two plates of differing thickness for firm support, it offers high-precision parts placement and high rigidity achieving audiophile sound.
Powerful, flexible playback
The HAP-Z1ES can playback and decode the following file formats: DSD (DSF, DSDIFF), PCM (44.1k/48k/88.2k/96k/176.4k/192kHz・16/24/32bit), WAV, AIFF, FLAC, ALAC, ATRAC Advanced Lossless, ATRAC, MP3, AAC, WMA music files.
DSD re-mastering engine
This D/A conversion system leverages a high-performance DSP with a field-programmable gate array to convert all signals to 128 Fs DSD (double-rate DSD) signals. Based on know-how garnered from Sony direct 8-times oversampling methodology and Extended SBM (Super Bit Mapping) professional recording technology.
One place for all your songs
TThe Z1ES affords plenty of capacity for all of your favorite tracks (smooth operation guaranteed up to 20,000 tracks) with 1TB of internal storage (some portions of the capacity are used for data management.). If you need additional capacity, you may expand externally using external storage and the USB input.
Frequency Response restored with DSEE
Digital Sound Enhancement Engine (DSEE) technology works in two ways to deliver natural sound with a spacious feel. The first enhances compressed file sound quality by revitalizing the high-frequency signals that are normally truncated during the compression process. The end-result is an accurate and spacious, must-hear experience.
Time Domain restored with DSEE.
The second way Digital Sound Enhancement Engine (DSEE) technology revitalizes your favorite compressed and uncompressed music files by retrieving the waveform tail. In doing so, audio response remains more coherent and full-bodied, with a smooth finish.
Everything you need…
Connect the HAP-Z1ES to an amplifier noise-free via the balanced L/R XLR inputs or the unbalanced L/R phono jacks. An infrared output allows for connecting an IR blaster. The LAN port provides for a hard-wire connection to your PC for uploading files, and USB allows for expanding storage capacity via an external drive.
Wired or wireless file transfer
Install the HAP Music Transfer software software on your PC (Compatible with both Windows® and Mac® computers) and transfer audio files to the HAP-Z1ES via your network and either wired Ethernet or wireless (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n) connection.
Dedicated software control
Download the dedicated HDD Audio Remote App to control your HAP-S1 listening experience. Create playlists, search stored music and enjoy full track control. Compatible with both Android™ and iOs smartphones and tablets, you can easily select and play your music.
Step up to High-Resolution Audio
Just as HDTV and now 4K have revolutionized our television viewing with huge leaps in picture quality, High-Resolution Audio is doing the same for music. If you’re wondering if your ears really need it, just ask your eyes if they’re willing to go back to old, standard definition TV.
High-Res Audio, which is typically referred to as “96kHz/24-bit” or something higher, is made by digitally sampling an original analog audio source. The number of times at which sampling is performed (in one-second increments) is called the sampling frequency, which is expressed in hertz or “Hz”. Digitizing refers to the audio process where the sampled signal is converted (or quantized) into binary digits, consisting of 1s and 0s, and expressed as “bits”. The higher the number of bits, the closer the sample is to the original source. CDs are standardized at 44.1kHz/16-bit, but there is no single standard for High-Resolution Audio.
An alternative way of digitizing an analog source is a method called DSD (Direct Stream Digital), which captures sound information as a sequence of single-bit values with an extremely high sampling rate of either 2.8MHz or 5.6MHz. This is approximately 64 or 128 times the sampling rate of CD audio and is simply known as DSD 2.8MHz or DSD 5.6MHz. Some engineers believe this is the closest a digital file sample can get to an original analog source.
File Formats/Lossless Coding
Several companies and working groups have developed different file formats for Hi-Res Audio. Here is a list of formats currently available:
- DSD (DFF): Direct Stream Digital-DFF is the professional, uncompressed 1-bit format used in recording and mastering Super Audio CDs.
- DSD (DSF): Direct Stream Digital-DSF represents a PC-friendly version of 1-bit DSD used to burn files onto DVD.
- WAV: The Waveform Audio File Format captures music as uncompressed, linear PCM and is a mainstay of computer audio.
- AIFF: The Audio Interchange File Format also records uncompressed, linear PCM and was developed by Apple.
- FLAC: The Free Lossless Audio Codec saves space by compressing files while maintaining 100% bit-for-bit accuracy during playback.
- ALAC: The Apple Lossless Audio Codec also maintains 100% bit-for-bit accuracy while saving storage space.
|Sub Title||Hi-Res Music Player with 1TB HDD|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
- Playback Codec : DSDIFF (DSD); DSF; MP3; WAV (LPCM); WMA; AAC; FLAC; ALAC; ATRAC (NON DRM); AIFF (LPCM)
- Line Out : Yes (1)
- Balance Out : Yes (1)
- Other : Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n) USB (1 type A rear) for optional external HDD Ethernet (1000BASE-T/ 100BASE-TX/ 10BASE-T) IR Out
- Pin Jack Color : Gold
- Power Requirements : 120V 60Hz
- Power Consumption : 35W
- Auto Standby : Yes
- Power on Resume : Yes
- Sleep Timer : Yes
- GUI Language : Japanese, English, French, German, Spanish
- Power Consumption (Stand By) : 0.3W
- Dynamic Range : More than 105dB
- DSEE LED : Yes
- Frequency Characteristics : 2Hz-80kHz(-3dB)
- Detachable AC : Yes
- IR Learning : Yes
- Total Harmonic Distortion : less than 0.0015%
- Volume Normalization On/Off : Auto/ Off
- LCD Off Mode : Yes
- LCD : Yes (4.3 in)
- Internal HDD : Yes (1TB)
- Gracenote : Yes
- Gapless Playback : Yes
- External HDD : Yes (Rear USB) (optional)
- Metadata Generation / Acquisition : Yes
- Pre-install Contents : Yes
- PC Sync (Music/Video/Photo) : Music
- Access Control : Yes
- Network Standby : Yes
- Network Update : Yes
- Internet Music Service : vTuner