Revel Performa F228Be (Metallic Silver) Details
F228Be (Metallic Silver): 3-way, Dual 8-inch Floorstanding Loudspeaker
- 1-inch Beryllium Dome Tweeter
- High-order Crossovers with Film Capacitors and Air Core Inductors
- 5th-generation Acoustic Lens Waveguide
- Magnetically Attached Grilles
- Deep Ceramic Composite (DCC) Cone Midrange and Woofer
- 4 Premium High-gloss Finishes Available
The Revel Performa F228Be is a powerful and elegant 3-way, dual 8-inch floorstanding loudspeaker that sets a new world standard in performance. Using the award-winning Performa3 F208 as the starting point, virtually every component was re-engineered to extract the finest details, the highest level of performance, and the most emotion possible. Featuring an all-new Beryllium tweeter, the F228Be delivers unparalleled detail and accuracy with an expansive and cohesive sound-stage.
At the heart of the Revel Performa F228Be's immaculate sound lies a 1-inch beryllium tweeter driven by massive 85 mm dual ceramic magnets. The powerful tweeter is mated to a 5th-generation ceramic-coated, cast-aluminum Acoustic Lens waveguide engineered to seamlessly integrate with the directivity of the companion midrange driver. The 5.25-inch midrange driver has been updated with a larger Deep Ceramic Composite (DCC) diaphragm, bigger voice coil and ceramic motor structure. The result is greater efficiency, less compression, improved dynamic range, reduced distortion, and increased power handling.
Performa Be crossover networks utilize all film capacitors and air core inductors in the midrange and tweeter circuits. These premium components allow Revel's world-class engineers to extract nuances and details from music that would otherwise be lost. Combined with traditional Revel high-order crossover slopes and proprietary Acoustic Lens waveguide geometry, transducer integration is seamless.
The Beauty Of Beryllium
Beryllium - Element 4 on the Periodic Table - is a rare earth metal that is renowned for its remarkable physical properties that make it the ideal material for a high-frequency transducer. Compared to aluminum and titanium tweeter diaphragms, Beryllium offers 4.5 times the stiffness and three times more damping, and does so at only half of the weight.
F228Be top panels are painted in stylish metallic black with raised electroform badging. The speakers are available in a choice of four high-gloss finishes for seamless integration into any décor.
|Name||Revel Performa F228Be (Metallic Silver)|
|Sub Title||Floorstanding Speaker (Single Speaker)|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
- Description: 3-way Floorstanding Loudspeaker
- High Frequency Driver Components: 1" Beryllium dome with acoustic lens waveguide
- Mid Frequency Driver Components: 5.25" DCC aluminum cone with cast frame
- Low Frequency Driver Components: Dual 8" Deep Ceramic Composite (DCC) Aluminum Cones with cast frames
- Frequency Response (+/-3dB): 27Hz – 44kHz
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 50 – 350 Watts
- Crossover Frequencies: 260Hz; 2.1kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Sensitivity (2.83 V/1m): 90dB
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 46.6" x 13.5" x 14.8" (1182.5mm x 341.8mm x 375.3mm)
- Weight: 82 lbs (37.2kg)