REL S/3 Details
- 10-inch, Continuous Cast Alloy, long-throw, front-firing active woofer
- 12-inch, Carbon, down-firing passive radiator
- 400-watt (RMS) digital amplifier
— Hi-Fi Plus
The REL S/3 Powered Subwoofer is derived from the company’s flagship S/5 model. It offers much of the S/5’s performance but with a more compact footprint, for use with slightly more modest systems and/or rooms.
Powerful, incisive and beautifully balanced performance
The S/3’s driver features an all-new alloy cone structure that takes REL’s mid-level product to a performance that exceeds their reference products of only a few years ago. By reducing moving mass, with a balanced approach to design, the engineering team was able to produce far more speed than prior designs. By carefully adjusting key parameters, REL’s engineers were able to increase the self-quieting key to a high-end component’s ability to resolve space and inner detail.
Sound beyond its size with a carbon passive radiator
S/3 uses a special carbon/carbon passive radiator that is stiff, lightweight and incredibly well-behaved. REL’s approach to passive design results in performance more akin to a variable ratio driver size. On an S/3, think of it as a sliding ratio design wherein the S/3 begins as an ultra-fast 10-inch sealed box design and, as more power and deeper bass is demanded, gradually morphs into the power and output of a 15-inch design.
Fast, extended lows with NextGen2 400W digital amplifier
Beyond the proprietary drivers, the performance of a REL sub is determined by the company’s unique input filters and amplifiers. REL S/3 uses a simple filter-type that is very fast — about 8 milliseconds in group delay — to cross out unwanted higher frequencies to our driver. This speed and our carefully sorted filters allow for seamless blending of RELs with the main speakers. REL does not include a high pass filter to cross out bass from the main speaker, because to do so would generally produce more unwanted effects than the minor benefits such a design confers. S/3’s power amplifier is a powerful NextGen2 400W digital amplifier. This design has powered thousands of RELs and has proven exceptionally reliable and very fast with deep, extended lows — it provides a perfect mate to our new driver.
|Sub Title||Powered Subwoofer|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
- Type: Front-firing active woofer, down-firing passive radiator
- Active Drive Unit: 10 in., 250mm long-throw, pressed Aluminium chassis
- Passive Radiator: 12 in., 300mm
- Lower Frequency Response in Room: 22Hz at -6 dB
- Input Connectors: Hi Level Neutrik Speakon, Left and Right Lo Level phono, LFE phono, SMA for wireless antenna
- Gain Control Range: 80 dB
- Power Output: 400 watts (RMS)
- Phase Switch: Yes, 0 or 180 degrees
- Amplifier Type: Next Gen II Class D
- REL Longbow Wireless capability: Yes – REL Longbow™ transmitter (required Sold separately)
- Fully Electronic with SET-SAFE: Yes
- D.C. Fault: Yes
- Output Short: Yes
- Mains Input Voltage: 220-240 volts, 110-120 volts for certain markets
- Fuses (semi delay): 5 Amp 220 volts operation 9 Amp 120 volts operation
- Dimensions (W x H x D)*: 16 x 16.7 x 18.25 in., (406 x 424 x 463.5 mm)
- Net Weight: 61.4 lbs. (27.85 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 71 lbs. (32.2 kg)