REL S/2 Details
- 10-inch, Continuous Cast Alloy, long-throw, front-firing active woofer
- 10-inch, Carbon, down-firing passive radiator
- 250-watt (RMS) digital amplifier
— Hi-Fi Choice
Though the REL S/2 Powered Subwoofer may be the least expensive model with the most compact chassis in the S range, it would be a mistake to think of it as anything but a true thoroughbred. Fun, tuneful and exceptionally dynamic, the S/2 permits those with limited space or compact speakers to enjoy the benefits of Serie S performance. The S/2 features a powerful 250W NextGen Class D amplifier with a fast, lightweight driver and matching passive radiator in a carefully damped cabinet to produce bass that is quite extraordinary for such a modestly-sized enclosure.
Anodized aluminum dustcap
S/2’s driver uses a new purpose-designed anodized aluminum dustcap. This stiffens the cone structure for improved transient response and lowers the moving mass some 15%. Careful tuning of this unit to cabinet volume and the new matching down-firing passive driver results in outstanding performance for a model of this size and price. Powerful, fast and tuneful is the S/2.
Clean bass from matching passive driver
REL’s passive radiators are carefully matched to the active drivers; in the case of the S/2, the exact same driver is used, then the resonant frequency is tuned a little lower to extend the bass performance downward for a cleaner overall effect.
Beyond the drivers, the performance of a REL is determined by the input filters and amplifiers. REL S/2 uses a simple filter-type that is very fast — about 8 milliseconds in group delay to get through to the driver. This speed and carefully sorted filters allow for seamless blending of RELs with the main speakers.
The S/2 employs a powerful NextGen2 250W digital amplifier. This design has proven exceptionally reliable and very fast with deep, extended lows — it provides a perfect mate to its driver.
LongBow wireless connectivity
LongBow permits very fast, uncompressed bass to be sent wirelessly within the same room approximately 45 feet (somewhat dependent upon room clutter). REL selected an uncompressed format because it results in natural, quick delivery compared with conventional Wi-Fi or Bluetooth systems. REL developed LongBow with both high level (or low level with crossover intact) AND .1 channel delivery so that REL Theater Reference performance can be maintained even when using the wireless delivery system.
|Sub Title||Powered Subwoofer|
|Special price displayed in cart only||N/A|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
- Type: Front-firing active woofer, down-firing passive radiator
- Active Drive Unit: 10 in., 250mm long-throw, pressed Aluminium chassis
- Passive Radiator: 10 in., 250mm
- Lower Frequency Response in Room: 24Hz at -6 dB
- Input Connectors: Hi Level Neutrik Speakon, Left and Right Lo Level phono, LFE phono, SMA for wireless antenna
- Gain Control Range: 80 dB
- Power Output: 250 watts (RMS)
- Phase Switch: Yes, 0 or 180 degrees
- Amplifier Type: Next Gen II Class D
- REL Longbow Wireless capability: Yes – REL Longbow™ transmitter (required Sold separately)
- Fully Electronic with SET-SAFE: Yes
- D.C. Fault: Yes
- Output Short: Yes
- Mains Input Voltage: 220-240 volts, 110-120 volts for certain markets
- Fuses (semi delay): 3.15 Amp 220 volts operation, 6.3 Amp 120 volts operation
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 13.75 x 14.5 x 16.75 in. (349 x 368 x 425.5 mm)
- Net Weight: 40 lbs. (18.1 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 47.5 lbs. (21.5 kg)