PSB Imagine Mini Details
- Compact enclosure (5.75 x 9.25 x 8.3 inches)
- 4.5-inch woofer and rear port bass reflex
- 1-inch titanium dome tweeter with ferrofluid
- Available finishes: black, cherry or walnut, and high gloss black or white for $35 ea. Additional
— Chris Martens, The Absolute Sound
Robert Harley of The Absolute Sound awarded the Mini the magazine's "Best Sound for the Lowest Price" honors, noting, "The Imagine Mini sounded far better than any $700-per-pair speaker has any right to. An amazing achievement."
Big soundfield and amazing bass from a compact model
The Imagine Mini produces a large soundstage and impressive bass along with the true-to-nature sound for which PSB is known. Their engineers designed the crossover frequency to be very low relative to the woofer size in order to provide the same sound no matter where the speaker is placed. The Mini is a two-way design with a 4.5-inch woofer, 1-inch titanium dome tweeter with ferrofluid, and rear port bass reflex. The result is startlingly big and commanding sound with fine detail and emotion.
Fits just about anywhere
Measuring just 5.75 x 9.25 x 8.3 inches, the mini integrates well as part of a multi-channel or home theater system or as a practical desktop system. But don’t let it end there. The Mini’s clean detailed bass makes it ideal as a primary system for urban spaces. And it fits perfectly in either modern or traditional décors.
Imagine Series features:
- Innovative 7-layer laminated construction yields impressively solid, acoustically inert Imagine enclosures. The result: dramatically clean, “fast” bass and uncolored midrange—and visually elegant curved forms.
- Proprietary titanium-dome tweeter’s light yet stiff diaphragm and “over-hung” voice-coil, with a computer-optimized magnetic circuit for singularly smooth, extended response that remains distortion-free even at very high acoustic levels.
- Unique woofer design combines serious low-frequency power with exceptional midrange accuracy. Proprietary ceramic-filled polypropylene cones, a uniquely aerodynamic molded basket, and a specialized, distortion-reducing magnetic design are just three of their secrets.
- Smoothly radiused, unblemished front surfaces are more than merely beautiful: they virtually eliminate mid-and high-frequency diffractions, maximizing transient realism and treble “air.”
- Heavy gold-plated quad terminals ensure full signal transfer and can be bi-wired and bi-amped.
|Name||PSB Imagine Mini|
|Sub Title||Compact Bookshelf Speakers (Pair)|
|Manufacturer Part#||IMAGINE MINI|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
Sensitivity: Anechoic Chamber 85 dB; Typical Listening Room 87 dB
Impedance: Nominal, 8 ohms; Minimum 6, ohms
Input power: Recommended 10-80 watts; Program 80 watts
Crossover: 2,200 Hz, LR4
Internal Volume: 0.1 ft3
Dimensions (W x H x D in inches, including grille, feet, and terminals): 5-3/4 x 9-1/4" x 8-3/8