Pro-Ject Xtension 10 Evolution Details
Pro-Ject Xtension 10 Evolution Turntable: “Hits all the right sonic notes”
- Super-heavy 22 kg belt drive turntable
- Mass loaded magnetic floating subchassis
- Precision balanced sandwich-platter
- Inverted ceramic ball bearing with magnetic support
- Heavy weight record clamp
- Extremely low level of natural resonance
- Perfect decoupling through magnetic feet
- Electronic speed control 33/45/78 Upm
- Tonearm 10cc Evolution made from carbon fibre
- Inverted tonearm bearings (ABEC 7 quality)
— Wayne Garcia, The Absolute Sound
The Pro-Ject Xtension 10 incorporates over 20 years of experience in turntable design and manufacture. It represents Pro-Ject’s latest technological efforts to address mass-decoupling and resonance reduction. Beginning with the mass-loaded, magnetically floated sub-chassis and the precision-balanced sandwich alloy platter (recycled vinyl/alloy), the foundation of this system weighs in at a super-heavy 48 lbs.
The Xtension 10 shares much with its larger brother the Xtension 12. Designed to be smaller and with a 10" tonearm, the Xtension 10 delivers nearly all of the 12's performance in a more compact and less expensive package.
Pro-Ject employs magnetic decoupling feet to thwart airborne or mechanical vibration from disturbing playback. This mass and isolation creates an environment of extremely low resonance, allowing music to emerge from an ultra-silent black background. An AC motor with a two-step pulley drive with Electronic Speed Control maintains perfect pitch and rhythm resulting in inaudible wow, flutter and noise.
Further reducing noise and vibration is the isolated Sorbothane mounting board for the 10-inch carbon-fiber tonearm. The conical arm and unified headshell are fabricated from a single piece of carbon fiber to avoid problems associated with standing wave reflections. Single screw fixing of the armtube allows for easy rotation for adjustment of needle azimuth. Additionally the arm is fully adjustable for VTA. A high-performance 48-1/2-inch phono interconnect cable is included.
|Name||Pro-Ject Xtension 10 Evolution|
|Sub Title||Belt-drive Turntable|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
- Speed: 33 / 45 / 78 rpm (Speed Box DS Built-In)
- Drive principle: Belt drive
- Motor control: Precision generator with LCD Display
- Speed variance: + / - 0.08%
- Wow & flutter: + / - 0.01%
- Signal-to-Noise ratio: -73dB
- Mains bearing: Ceramic (Ball/Plate)
- Platter: 300mm, 12.6lbs., 5.7kg
- Tonearm: 10" EVO Carbon Fiber
- Effective Tonearm Length: 10" (254 mm)
- Effective Tonearm Mass: 8.5g
- Overhang: 16mm
- Tracking force: 10-30mN
- Power supply: 16V/1,000Ma AC. External
- Power Consumption: 15 W (max)
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 9.3" x 19" x 15.8"
- Weight: 44 lbs
- Dustcover: Yes
- Recorded Puck: Included