Polk CS20 Details
Polk CS 20 Center-Channel Speaker: The anchor for your TSi Series home theater
- Video-shielded center-channel speaker
- Bass reflex (ported) design
- Handles 20-150 watts
- 1-inch Dynamic Balance® silk dome tweeter
- Dual 6-1/2-inch bi-laminate organic fiber cone woofers
The Polk CS20 center-channel speaker is timbre-matched to the TSi Series, for seamless continuity between speakers, and it's big enough to match the larger TSi speakers performance for performance. The effect is of being surrounded, yet being able to clearly locate details and dialogue on screen, just like in a movie theater. Its innovative angled-top design gives you more placement flexibility; with perfect aiming whether you place it on top of your TV or below the screen.
Features and performance
- The angled CS enclosure flips to accommodate placement above or below your TV screen for perfect imaging.
- Unlike other speakers in this price range, TSi enclosures are constructed of extensively braced, solid MDF with 3/4-inch baffles, which virtually eliminates internal resonances and damps energy-stealing vibrations, for more efficient operation and more transparent sound.
- Beautiful pewter accents, a high gloss piano-finish black top plate and your choice of stylish black or cherry wood-grain finishes make TSi speakers a part of your decor.
- Polk's proprietary, patented Dynamic Balance® technology allows their engineers to design out distortion-causing driver and system resonances, so you only hear the good sounds.
- Klippel motor optimization uses laser measurement technology to ensure a smooth excursion path at either end of the volume spectrum for uniform performance at both low and high volumes.
- TSi design combines smaller drivers (for more overall driver area with less driver mass) and narrow baffle geometry, for wider range and more spacious soundstaging, so every seat in the house hears a prime performance.
- Unlike horns or metal domes, silk dome tweeters deliver clear and detailed highs, without fatigue, even at high volume.
- Durable, efficient, and tuned with Polk’s Dynamic Balance process, TSi Series polymer cones produce smooth, natural sound.
- Surprisingly deep, musical bass response thanks to our critically tuned flared port venting system, which minimizes port noise ("chuffing") and smooths the turbulence of port air flow, to reveal big, full-bodied bass that blends effortlessly with the speaker's overall dynamics.
- All Polk loudspeakers are timbre-matched within their series, designed with the same components throughout, to achieve seamless speaker-to-speaker blending effects in multi-channel systems.
- Polk’s high efficiency design results in sound that's spacious and clear, warm and realistic, when combined with practically any electronics, even the most modestly-powered amplifier or receiver.
- The high performance crossover system boosts performance with premium components, like mylar bypass capacitors, to extend response in the higher, more detail-oriented frequencies.
- Gold-plated, professional-style 5-way binding posts, for the most secure connection options.
|Sub Title||Center Channel Speaker (Single)|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
- Amplifier Specs: 220V Availability No
- Dimensions - Product Weight (each): 19.00 pounds
- Dimensions Cabinet Dimensions - Depth: 10 3/4 (27.30cm) "
- Dimensions Cabinet Dimensions - Height: 7 3/8 (18.73cm) "
- Dimensions Cabinet Dimensions - Width: 23 (58.42cm) "
- Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Diameter: 6 1/2 (16.51cm) "
- Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Quantity: 2
- Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Type: Bi-laminate organic fiber cone
- Driver Complement Tweeter - Diameter: 1 (2.54cm) "
- Driver Complement Tweeter - Quantity: 1
- Driver Complement Tweeter - Type: Silk dome Dynamic Balance
- Electrical - Efficiency: 91 dB
- Electrical - Inputs: 5 way binding posts
- Electrical - Lower -3dB Limit: 58 Hz
- Electrical - Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Electrical - Recommended Amplifier Power: 20-150 watts per channel
- Electrical - Total Frequency Response : 48-25kHz
- Electrical - Upper -3dB Limit: 24 kHz
- Shipping - Total Shipping Weight: 20.00 pounds
- Warranty - Speaker Warranty: 5 years parts and labor (original purchaser)
- What's in the Box
- center-channel speaker (removable cloth grille)
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Owner's Manual
- Online registration sheet
- Polk Audio product brochure