Peachtree Audio nova500 (Gloss Ebony Mocha) Details
Peachtree Audio nova500 (Gloss Ebony Mocha): The most powerful Peachtree amplifier EVER!
- Built-in, state-of-the-art, power amplifier with an astounding 500 watts per channel
- ESS 9028 PRO Sabre DAC with up to 32-Bit/384kHz PCM and 5.6MHz DSD resolution
- Fully differential (balanced) audio circuitry from the digital inputs to the output
- Exclusive DyNEC iOS input for audio streaming from Apple Lightning devices
- Asynchronous USB, (1) coaxial and (2) optical digital inputs for connection to virtually any source device
- Phono (MM) input for direct connection of a turntable (can also double as a standard line-level input)
- Home Theater Bypass for easy integration with a multi-channel system (also doubles as a standard line-level input) driving the front speakers for listening to stereo music
- Volume Control Bypass feature for use with variable output source devices
- Switchable loop feature for inserting an external EQ or other sound processor into the signal path
- Discrete, high-output, custom-designed headphone amplifier
- Extensive internal grounding
- Optional wireless input streaming module (available 2019)
- Proudly assembled in Matthews, NC, USA
The nova500 is five audiophile-designed products in one: a digital-to-analog converter (DAC), a preamplifier, a power amplifier, a moving magnet phono preamplifier and a headphone amplifier all seamlessly integrated into a single, beautiful aluminum and wood chassis that is the hallmark of Peachtree Audio.
The nova500 is designed to provide the ultimate link between all of your source devices and your speakers with the most powerful and “cleanest” amplifier section we have have ever offered. But the nova500 isn’t designed to simply reproduce music loudly. It is designed to deliver music the way the creators intended; with the ease, authority, musicality and emotional impact provided by the world's best recordings.
Technology marches forward at an ever-quickening pace and, in the world of audio, the performance improvements from year-to-year and generation-to-generation are typically small incremental steps. But every once in a while, several significant advancements across multiple areas come together to take a product to the next level. That is the story behind the nova500: Engineers from Peachtree, ESS, and ICEPower all working towards the goal of making the absolute best product they know how based on the latest thinking and parts and bringing it all together in a single benchmark product.
The DAC section in the nova500 includes an amazing new ESS 9000-Series PRO Sabre DAC and utilizes four DACs per stereo channel. In other words, eight DACs in total to provide stunning dynamic range from any source with minimal background noise to distract from the music. All of the specs for the DAC exceed 120dB, generally considered the maximum dynamic range of human hearing! But most importantly, this digital-to-analog-converter provides a level of refinement and musicality that we have found to be simply beyond reproach. Peachtree was the first audiophile company to offer ESS DACs built into its products, and it is only fitting that our latest and greatest integrated amplifier includes their latest and greatest DAC!
The preamplifier section in the nova500 was designed from the ground up by the engineers at Peachtree Audio specifically for the nova500. Its architecture is based on the preamplifier section of the nova300 and nova150, but takes it a significant step further by implementing fully differential circuit paths from input to output. This ensures that the ultra-low-noise musical signal provided by the DAC is maintained all the way through the preamplifier, and any external noise or interference that finds its way to the circuit board is cancelled out so it does not negatively affect the sound quality of the music! The ensures that the nova500’s power amplifier section is being driven by the absolutely cleanest possible signal from the preamplifier.
The amplifier section in the nova500 features the stunning new 1200AS2 from ICEPower. It is, simply stated, the best sounding, most powerful amplifier section Peachtree has ever offered in any product - period. The nova500 is capable of driving virtually any speaker with the utmost ease and authority. Chances are, you've never heard how good your speakers can actually sound until you hear them driven by the nova500. The nova500’s ability to reproduce complex music passages at any volume level is simply jaw dropping even if only listening to a modest pair of 2-way speakers. But to truly appreciate the amplifier section in the nova500, connect it to a pair of high-end floorstanders and be prepared to be completely blown away! The power and finesse of the amplifier section in the nova500 is a game changer.
The Headphone Amplifier
The headphone amplifier section in the nova500 is a custom-designed power amplifier specifically engineered to get the best sound quality and output capability from any headphone including difficult to drive, high-impedance, high-performance headphones. The headphone amplifier is a fully discrete linear design that does NOT utilize a chip-based amplifier. It is a full power amplifier tailored to the specific needs of headphone listening and can easily drive anything from power hungry 600 Ohm dynamic-drivers to easy to drive planar-magnetics and everything in between. The headphone amplifier in the nova500 makes discreet listening sessions a welcome delight!
The Phono Stage
The phono section in the nova500 is designed to allow direct connection from a moving magnet or high-output moving coil cartridge equipped turntable. It is custom-designed to enable the best sound quality reproduction from your vinyl collection and eliminates the need to add an external phono amplifier product to the nova500. And if you don’t use a turntable, the input doubles as a standard line-level analog audio input with the simple press-and-hold of the input button!
Optical, Coax and USB Inputs
The nova500's digital inputs provide for connection to virtually any source: one asynchronous USB, one coaxial, two optical.
The nova500 includes an extremely useful LOOP (output/input) feature, allowing you to add an equalizer or other processor into the signal path as desired. The LOOP button on the remote control engages and disengages the loop audio path utilizing high-performance relays. Want to experiment with room correction? Easy. Wire your room EQ component into the nova500 and use the LOOP button on the remote control to A-B between correction in/correction out.
Home Theater Bypass
This classic Peachtree feature is included in the nova500. HTB allows for easy integration with a multi-channel preamp/processor or audio/video receiver (AVR) so that the power amplifier in the nova500 always drives your main speakers (front left and right). When listening to two-channel music the nova500 also becomes your control center, ensuring that you enjoy the full benefit of its reference DAC and ultra-low-noise circuitry. If the HTB input isn't needed it can be configured as a standard analog line-level input.
iOS Input - DyNEC (Dynamic Noise Elimination Circuit) for iPhone/iPad
The nova500 includes a dedicated asynchronous USB connection on the rear panel that provides a direct digital wired connection for Apple Lightning-equipped devices. Simply use the cable that came with your iPhone or iPad and experience your music transformed by the nova500's DAC and fully differential preamplifier - whether you're listening via headphones or through your main speaker system.
With DyNEC and an asynchronous connection, Peachtree's dedicated iOS input lets you hear your music with all the clarity, dynamics and emotion the artist intended!
And . . . the metal-faced Peachtree remote controls basic playback functions like FF/RR and pause, so you can just sit back and enjoy!
Volume Control Bypass
The nova500 provides a Volume Control Bypass feature on its digital inputs which puts the nova500 into "power amp" mode. This is useful if you have a connected source with its own volume control. Have a favorite device or app with a volume slider built right into the interface? Simply bypass the nova500 volume control for that input and use the app slider instead. It's VERY convenient!
Easy Subwoofer Connection
The nova500's Pre Out jacks allow easy hookup of a subwoofer. The signal from the Pre Outs is identical to the main signal and is controlled by the nova500's volume control.
|Name||Peachtree Audio nova500 (Gloss Ebony Mocha)|
|Sub Title||Integrated Amplifier with DAC|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
- SPEAKER OUTPUT
- Compatible Speakers: 2.5-16Ω
- Output Power (WPC, 8Ω | 4Ω, <1% THD+N, AES17): 500 | 800
- Dynamic Range (A-weighted): 106dB
- Damping Factor (1kHz, 8Ω): >650
- Frequency Response (20 - 20kHz): <+/-0.4dB
- Inter-Modulation Distortion: >80dB below fundamental
- Total Harmonic Distortion (AES17, 1kHz, 4Ω) : 0.003%
- Channel Separation (1kHz, 8Ω): >90dB
- PREAMP OUTPUT
- Output Voltage (rms): 3.8V
- Output Impedance: 100Ω
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Analog | Digital Source, un-weighted): 106dB | 106dB
- Channel Separation (1kHz): >115dB
- Frequency Response (Analog | Digital Source, 8Hz-20kHz): <0.1dB | <0.5dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.001% (2V rms, 1kHz, un-weighted)
- HEADPHONE OUTPUT
- Output Power (32Ω, rms | peak): 1200mW | 2770mW
- Output Power (300Ω, rms | peak): 330mW | 700mW
- Output Power (600Ω, rms | peak): 170mW | 350mW
- Output Impedance: 1Ω
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Analog | Digital Source, un-weighted): 107dB | 106dB
- Dynamic Range (Analog | Digital Source, un-weighted) : 107dB | 100dB
- Channel Separation (1kHz): >100dB at 1kHz
- Frequency Response (Digital source, 8Hz-20kHz): <0.5dB
- Frequency Response (Analog source, 8Hz-100kHz): <0.1dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.003% (2V rms, 1kHz, un-weighted)
- USB-B Input
- Formats: PCM and DSD
- PCM Sampling Rate and DSD Frequency Rate:
- 16-32 Bit, 44.1-384kHz PCM
- 2.8224-5.6448MHz DSD
- COAX and OPT Inputs
- Formats: 16-24 Bit, 44.1-192kHz PCM
- AUX Inputs
- Maximum Voltage (rms | peak-to-peak): 3.5V | 10V
- Impedance : 100kΩ
- PHONO Input
- Maximum Input Voltage (rms): 120mV
- Impedance: 47kΩ
- RIAA EQ: No rumble filter used
- LOOP Output and Input
- Maximum Voltage (rms | peak-to-peak): 3.5V | 10V
- Impedance (input | output): 100kΩ | 100Ω
- AC Power
- AC Input: 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz
- Maximum Power Consumption: 1500W
- On Mode (Idle) Power Consumption: 41W
- Standby Mode Power Consumption: <0.5W
- 100-120VAC: 10A/250V Medium Acting
- 220-240VAC: 6.3A/250V Medium Acting
- Height (including feet): 4.37 inches | 111 mm
- Width: 14.02 inches | 356 mm
- Depth (including volume knob and speaker binding posts): 14.25 inches | 361.95 mm
- Weight (shipping weight): 19 lbs (23 lbs) | 8.6 kg (10.5 kg)
- Parts and Labor : Two years (Three years if registered online)