Paradigm Shift Soundscape Details
- 5.1 Powered Soundbar
- Ideal for flat panels 50-inches and up
- 7 high-performance drivers deliver an engaging surround-sound experience
- 7 x 50 watts Peak Power
- Digital optical and analog stereo inputs for direct hook-up of Blu-ray, DVD/CD player, gaming console, satellite receiver and other external sources
- DSP-based amplifier design
- Bluetooth with aptX coding allows high-quality wireless audio streaming from any room in the house
Action packed movies or multichannel music? With Dolby Digital encoded material, turn on the Dedicated Movie Mode with Paradigm Virtual Surround for a breathtaking surround experience (full details on this later). Switch to Music Mode for 2-channel listening. There’s Bluetooth capability with aptX coding for high quality wireless audio streaming. You can even charge Bluetooth devices from another room while continuing playback in the same room. A subwoofer's not necessary, but one can be added (sold separately), a transmitter is built in and a wireless sub receiver is included.
Behind the scenes
The three full-range driver complements are physically separated into separate channels within the cabinet. This ensures sound from all channels travels widely throughout the room. A nice change from typical soundbars on the market, stereo imaging is immaculate. With superb reproduction of the original live event or original recording session, you'll find yourself dodging and ducking as special effects and surround sound flies around the room ... a true edge-of-the-seat movie experience.
4-inch high-power bass/midrange woofers
Paradigm’s composite cone woofers deliver a superb low-mass, high-stiffness ratio. What's the benefit? Excellent sound reproduction in the higher midrange and fast transient response (explosions, special effects are heard and felt).
3 x 1-inch high-power ferro-fluid-cooled dome tweeters
pure-aluminum dome tweeters are rarity at this price. What's the benefit? Ferro-fluid cooling the voice coil radically improves power handling so that reaching the high notes is never a problem.
Proprietary Class-D Amplification with Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
What's the benefit of Digital Signal Processing in already-high class of amplification? Paradigm’s proprietary DSP platform uses sophisticated algorithms to shape frequency response so that even when Soundscape is playing loud, bass remains clear and musical. DSP is also the processing power behind spacious Paradigm Virtual Surround Sound (see below). Room-filling spaciousness or deep bass? In most soundbar designs, it's a trade-off, but not here. DSP-based algorithms deliver the best of both worlds – deep musical bass and spacious, room-filling sound.
Paradigm Virtual Surround explained
In systems without dedicated surround or rear speakers, much of the wonder and magic of surround sound is lost since there are no physical speakers to deliver it. Carefully mixed by recording engineers in the studio, this precious information sits neglected and unheard in front left and right speakers. Paradigm Virtual Surround, developed by Paradigm engineers, ensures that none of that surround magic is lost.
Humans have the ability to hear sound in three dimensions. Through sophisticated mathematical algorithms that capitalize on this ability, Paradigm Virtual Surround processing gathers all the neglected surround sound information in a central sweet spot, then reflows it back into front left and right channels, sending it out into the room in a way that creates the auditory illusion of sound swirling around us. An auditory 'illusion' perhaps, but to our ears this experience is very real, lifting the Soundscape experience to a realm that is spacious, authentic, immersive and magically engaging.
- Sound quality! Video is important but it's the audio that brings music and movies to life
- Bass ... shocking in its high output and deep extension
- Fast, non-technical setup
- Perfect for small living spaces where traditional speaker setups are too large. Also ideal in secondary areas ... den, bedroom, home office, etc.
- Operates via a full-function remote or onboard top-panel interface controlling Power, Volume and syncing of an external subwoofer
- IR Learning. Most cable or satellite TV's and universal remotes can learn Soundscape functionality. Discrete HEX codes for custom integration. System can be configured to accept two separate remotes
- Inputs: 2 x digital optical; 1 x digital coaxial; 1 analog RCA; 1 x SubOut for wired subwoofer connection; 1 x wireless SubOut; 1 x Bluetooth
- Connections can be made from Soundscape or the TV
|Name||Paradigm Shift Soundscape|
|Sub Title||Full Powered Soundbar with apt-X Bluetooth|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
- Crossover: Digital 3rd-order electro-acoustic at 2 kHz; digital second order at 80 Hz.
- Amplifier: 7 x 50 watts Peak Power / 7 x 25-watts RMS Sustained
- Frequency Response: ±2 dB 40 Hz – 20 kHz
- High Frequency Driver: 3 x 25-mm (1") S-PAL pure-aluminum dome tweeters.
- Mid/Bass Frequency Driver: 4 x 122-mm (4") composite cones, 25-mm (1") voice coils.
- Low Frequency Extension: 30 Hz (DIN) (DIN 45 500. Indicates - 3 dB in a typical listening room)
- Sensitivity: 88 dB / 85 dB @ 0.1 Vrms input / Volume 88
- USB Input: None
- HDMI Input/Output: None
- Finishes: Gloss Black
- Inputs2 x digital optical; 1 x digital coaxial; 1 x analog RCA; 1 x SubOut for wired subwoofer connection; 1 x wireless SubOut; 1 x Bluetooth.
- Weight: 20 lbs. (9.1 kg)
- Dimensions HxWxD: 5.5" × 42" × 5" (14cm × 106.7cm × 12.7cm)
What's in the Box
- Wireless subwoofer receiver with DC adaptor
- Remote control with 2 ‘AAA’ batteries;
- 2 factory pre-attached feet;
- Wall-mounting bracket with screws;
- Power cord;
- RCA shielded 1.8-m (6’) cable
- Optical cable