NAD T 787 Details
- 3D video at resolutions up to 1080p
- MDC-Future Ready
- Two Toroidal transformers
- Latest high-speed Dual Core Floating Point DSP technology
- Seven HDMI inputs and two outputs, as well as digital coaxial and optical inputs/outputs
- IR outputs
- RS-232 port for easy connection to home automation systems
- NAD iPhone A/V Remote App
The NAD T 787 brings the movies and music you love to life. It’s the ideal choice for the most advanced home theatre and multi-room systems. NAD’s T 787 features high definition 3D video at resolutions up to 1080p, decoding all the latest surround sound formats, and a whole lot of pure, clean power. Add the NAD's exclusive Modular Design Construction (MDC) and the T 787 delivers enough performance and flexibility for many years of spectacular home entertainment.
Though it’s packed with a full array of features, the T 787 emphasizes simplicity with a user-friendly interface allowing you to enjoy every feature without confusion. Employing our EARS surround mode, the 787 provides a rich, clear sound from any two-channel source. Complete with five presets, you can now save and customize your selections without having to worry about losing them. A juggernaut in its own right, the T 787 achieves a level of performance that will elevate your home audio system to its full potential.
The ever-changing world of AV technology poses a great problem if you want the latest technology. So NAD devised an uncommon answer to technology obsolescence to give you confidence in your AV investment-Modular Design Construction (MDC). With MDC, your T 787 can be easily upgraded to include future digital formats without replacing the entire AV receiver. It’s totally unique and unprecedented. No wonder MDC won the prestigious reddot Design Award.
Two Transformers are Better than One
Two Toroidal transformers supply power separately to your front (left and right) and surround channels for true seven-channel power with better balance and efficiency. Even the most explosive music and soundtracks are a breeze for the T 787 thanks to 120W of continuous power per channel and NAD’s PowerDrive. With PowerDrive, extra power is delivered effortlessly for dynamic immersive sound for music or movies. NAD has even eked out more musical performance from the T 787 by making improvements to the power amplifier.
‘Music First’ Audio
The T 787 uses the latest high-speed Dual Core Floating Point DSP technology for popular surround formats including Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio. NAD has also included their own highly regarded EARS (Enhanced Ambient Recovery System) surround mode, which has been optimized to create warm natural surround sound from any two-channel source. EARS eliminates the artificial effects common in other DSP modes. For your music and movies, nothing can compare to the T 787’s natural musicality, immense depth, and incredible detail.
Video performance is as pure as NAD's audio performance. Unlike other brands, NAD eschews multiple format conversions and video processing that degrades video quality in favor of sending a pure video signal to your display. The latest digital video technologies are supported, including 3D video in resolutions up to 1080p. The T 787 will also cross convert analogue video sources, plus it offers the latest HDMI technologies like Consumer Electronic Control (CEC) and Audio Return Channel (ARC).
Set Up and Forget About It
NAD’s unique AV Presets can be configured to maximize your use and enjoyment of the T 787. With AV Presets, you can customize different sources or program material and save your preferences into a memory bank of five user-friendly presets. Inputs can even be renamed to make it easy to select your components. Optimizing your T 787 home theatre system is effortless with the help of a supplied calibration microphone and Audyssey MultEQ XT. NAD has even by worked closely with Audyssey to develop custom target response curves.
The connectivity gives you great flexibility and options. It’s equipped with seven HDMI inputs and two outputs, as well as digital coaxial and optical inputs/outputs. In addition to IP control there are IR outputs, 12V triggers, and an RS-232 port for easy connection to home automation systems. You can add speakers in other rooms or ‘Zones’, and with a simple on-screen setup and the supplied second zone remote (Zone output can be redirected to Back Surround channels), you can fill your home with high quality NAD sound. You can even add NAD's IPD 2 Dock for iPod or for digital radio, our DB 2 digital DAB+ module (230V only).
NAD iPhone A/V Remote App
A beautiful and intuitive user experience offering a fun and simple way to control and configure your NAD AV Receiver. Control, adjust and select basic functions including power, volume, source, and listening mode for all zones with a touch of your iOS device. You can download it for free from the Apple iTunes App Store.
|Name||NAD T 787|
|Sub Title||A/V Surround Sound Receiver|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
NAD T 787
- FTC: 200W
- Full Disclosure Power (all channels driven simultaneously): 7 x 120W (20.8dBW)
- IHF Dynamic Power:
- 8 ohms: 230 W
- 4 ohms: 320 W
- Total Harmonic Distortion at rated power (THD + N): <0.08%
- IM distortion at rated power: <0.08%
- Damping Factor, 8 ohms: >60
- Input Sensitivity and Impedance: 1.3V (ref. 8Ω, VOL at 0dB)
- Frequency Response: ±0.8dB (ref. 1kHz, 20Hz-20kHz)
- Signal/Noise Ratio:
- >93dB (ref. rated power at 8Ω, A-WTD)
- >83dB (ref. 1W/8Ω, A-WTD)
- Frequency Response: ±0.5dB (ref. 20Hz-20kHz)
- Signal/Noise Ratio: >-100dB (ref. 1W/8Ω, A-WTD)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: + Noise (THD + N)0.01%
- Input Sensitivity: 330mV (ref. 2V)
- Maximum Output Level: >4V
- Tuning Range:
- 530kHz – 1710kHz (120V version, 10kHz steps)
- 531kHz – 1620kHz (230V version, 9kHz steps)
- Usable Sensitivity: 55dBμV
- Signal/Noise Ratio: 38dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: >3%
- Loop Sensitivity 20dB S/N: 66dBμV
- Tuning Range:
- Tuning Range: 87.50MHz – 108.50MHz
- Usable Sensitivity Mono: <9dBμV
- Signal/Noise Ratio Mono: 60dB
- Stereo: 1.0%
- Channel Separation: 30dBμV
- RDS Decode Sensitivity: 28dBμV
- Standby power: <0.5W
- Unit Dimension (W x H x D):
- Gross: 435 x 197 x 438 mm
- (includes feet, knobs and terminals): 17 1/8 x 7 13/16 x 17 1/4”
- Net weight: 25.2kg (55.6lb)
- Shipping weight: 29.2kg (64.4lb)