NAD Masters Series M12 Details
- Asynchronous 24/192 USB input
- MC/MM phono stage
- DirectDigital amplification offers the highest level of performance
- Coaxial and optical digital inputs
- Balanced and single-ended line level inputs
- Modular Design Construction (MDC) providies a simple upgrade path to add future features and functionality
With Modular Design Construction (MDC), you can optional modules when you’re ready, such as one for HDMI and/or the soon to be released network audio module, DD BluOS, which adds integrated Wi-Fi, Ethernet and Bluetooth connections for streaming music (including 24/192 HD music downloads) and makes it controllable by an app on your smartphone.
NAD DirectDigital innovation
DirectDigital amplification offers the highest level of performance. The 35-bit data path with 24-bit coefficients and 62-bit accumulation, and dithered truncation back to 35-bits after DSP functions guarantee the overall 24-bit accuracy. With this degree of resolution, all preamp functions can be accomplished with a new level of precision, and all in the digital domain. This eliminates the noise and distortion prone to analogue circuits. Because of the super high resolution, even 24-bit files are processed without truncation or loss of information.
Standard inputs include AES/EBU, Asynchronous 24/192 USB, coaxial and optical digital inputs and balanced and single-ended line level inputs including a high performance MC/MM phono stage. Rounding out the picture, a pure Class-A buffer using the latest generation of Super OP Amps provide low impedance balanced and single-ended connections to power amplifiers or active loudspeakers. A remote controls all functions and IR repeaters, 12V triggers, and a serial port to make integration with advanced control systems a snap.
Fine-tune your system
Because of the massive computing power and high-resolution signal path, some interesting features have also been incorporated to further perfect the listening experience. Want to add a subwoofer to your system? The M12 includes a second order high pass and low pass crossover with selectable frequency. You can even select different frequency knees for each filter. This level of flexibility and precision is made possible by our highly perfected DirectDigital architecture.
Future forward MDC
One of NAD’s most innovative technological advancements — Modular Design Construction (MDC) — does away with obsolescence by providing a simple upgrade path to add future features and functionality. M12 owners can add an optional DD HDM-1 HDMI Module with 3 inputs and 1 output (3D video pass- through) and/or a network audio module, DD BluOS, with music management software that is controlled with an iOS or Android device. The DD BluOS MDC Module allows streaming of a variety of music services, HD streaming from a NAS device, and TuneIn radio; plus it gives you full control of your music library. Integrated WiFi/Ethernet and aptX Bluetooth connections are also offered with the DD BluOS Module.
|Name||NAD Masters Series M12|
|Sub Title||Direct Digital Preamplifier DAC|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
- Rated Distortion (THD+N with AES 17 filter): <0.0005% (0dBFS)
- IMD Distortion: 0.0001%
- Input Impedance: 75 ohms (coaxial), 110 ohms (AES/EBU)
- Sample Rate 32kHz to 192kHz (USB and digital S/PDIF)
- Frequency Response: ±0.5dB (ref. 20Hz-22kHz @ sample rate)
- Channel Separation: >-115dB (ref. 0dBFS Volume -1dB)
- Signal / Noise Ratio: >-125dB (ref. 0dBFS 2V out)
- Output Level: 2V (ref. input 0dBFS)
- XLR - AES/EBU
- S/PDIF: Coaxial x 2, Optical x 2
- USB Class 2 Audio: asynchronous 24/192 support
- DD AP-1 Analogue Phono Module
- IR In
- Trigger In: 12V ±20%
- Trigger Out: 12V ±20%
- Idle Power: 26W
- Standby Power: <0.5W
- Unit Dimensions: (WxHxD) - Gross* 435 x 133 x 383mm, 17 1/8 x 5 1/4 x 15 1/8 inches**
- Net Weight: 8.1kg (17.9lb)
- Shipping Weight: 14.5kg (32.0lb)