Musical Fidelity M1LPS Details
Musical Fidelity M1LPS Phono Pre-Amplifier: No audible distortion!
- Very accurate RIAA equalization
- Low distortion
- Low noise
- Excellent overload margin
- Good load driving ability
The M1-LPS is a competitively priced high quality MM/MC phono stage. It has much in common with the ecstatically well received M1 ViNL phono stage. However it does not have the M1 ViNL’s sophisticated input resistance and impedance switching.
Design + Build
Although the M1-LPS is competitively priced it comfortably delivers all that could be expected from a high quality phono stage. Simply put it is capable of delivering a precisely corrected, low distortion, low noise output to any amplifier.
- The RIAA/IC equalization is ± 0.2dB 20 Hz to 20 kHz. Unusually the M1-LPS equalization continues up to at least 100 kHz. This ensures that there is no ringing or overshoot on dynamic high frequency signals.
- Distortion is a very low 0.01%
- The M1-LPS is very quiet - noise ratio is better than 90dBA
- Overload margin is an outstanding 31dB - this baby never clips or limits
- The M1-LPS has excellent load driving ability - it will comfortably drive any conceivable combination of cable and amplifier
- The sound quality is excellent. The M1-LPS does a great job at not being there. It has no audible distortion, no noise to blur or obscure important musical details and, in practice, is almost impossible to overload.
If you are looking for a neutral honest representation of your vinyl discs then the M1-LPS does the job.
|Name||Musical Fidelity M1LPS|
|Sub Title||MM/MC Phono Stage Pre-Amplifier|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
- MM 2.5mV in for 300mV out (at 1 kHz)
- MC 300μV in for 300mV out (at 1 kHz)
- THD at 1 kHz: <0.01%
- Frequency Response: RIAA/IEC ±0.2dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio: MM >90dB “A”-wtd, MC >88dB “A”-wtd.
- Outputs: 1 pair RCA (phono)
- Dimensions (W x H x D inches): 8.66 x 3.94 x 11.81
- Weight (unpacked / packed): 6.83lbs / 10.14lbs