McIntosh MS500 Details
McIntosh MS500 Music Streamer: All Your Digital Music at Your Fingertips
- Seamlessly integrates both your internet based streaming music and locally stored digital music into one comprehensive device
- Embedded streaming services include Deezer, Murfie, Pandora®, Rhapsody®, SiriusXM®, Slacker, Spotify®, TIDAL and TuneIn
- The Linux based operating system brings stability and is extremely responsive to input commands for a refined user experience
- Local music and the operating system are stored on a durable 500GB internal solid state drive
- Can access Amazon Cloud Drive, Apple iCloud or Google Drive for secure content backup and synchronization across multiple homes or locations
- Easy, intuitive control via free iOS or Android apps, web browser, or a remote control with TV interface
— Computer Audiophile
The sophisticated yet simple to use MS500 Music Streamer seamlessly integrates both your internet based streaming music and locally stored digital music into one comprehensive device. It allows your digital library to be enjoyed with McIntosh’s legendary audio standards – including uncompressed, lossless files with up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution.
With all its onboard storage and external connection capabilities, the MS500 can easily serve as a central hub for all your digital music. The high-speed network port connects you to leading streaming services such as Deezer, Murfie, Pandora®, Rhapsody®, SiriusXM®, Slacker, Spotify®, TIDAL and TuneIn (services subject to change). Interfaces to these services are built in to the MS500 – putting all your streaming music at your fingertips. Internet radio stations can also be added as presets. Three USB ports allow for external mass storage or flash drives to be connected.
The MS500 runs ultra-quiet thanks to two key features. First, local music and the operating system are stored on a durable 500GB solid state drive (SSD) that has no moving parts to create noise; second, a fanless processor combined with improved ventilation means noisy cooling fans are not needed. The combination of these two things results in there being no noise to interfere with your music listening.
The MS500 can automatically synchronize the content stored on your networked computers so it is readily accessible and playable. All your content can be backed up to the Amazon Cloud Drive, Apple iCloud or Google Drive. This also allows for your music to be synchronized across multiple homes or locations when an MS500 is installed in each location. New music purchases from any of these cloud services can be automatically added to your library for easy playback.
A set of balanced and unbalanced analog outputs plus two digital outputs connect the MS500 to your preamplifier, integrated amplifier or other audio components. The MS500’s high quality digital to analog convertor (DAC) is isolated from the motherboard, ensuring your music is reproduced with extreme precision and elegance when using either of the analog outputs. Any one of the USB ports can also be used to connect an external component with a built-in DAC – including select McIntosh products; utilizing this external DAC, one additional independent audio zone can be created.
The MS500 utilizes a Linux based operating system that brings stability and is extremely responsive to user inputs. It is operated via the included remote control, a web browser or with free apps for iPhone, iPad or Android devices. The unit is compatible with many popular home automation systems allowing for easy integration into your existing setup. The timeless black glass front panel, illuminated logo and aluminum end caps make the MS500 a welcome addition to any audio system and room decor.
ListenUp has the only factory-authorized McIntosh service center in the Denver metro area.
|Sub Title||Music Streamer|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - IN STORE ONLY|
- ELECTRONIC SPECIFICATIONS
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005%
- Frequency Response: 2Hz to 22,000Hz
- Maximum Volts Out (Balanced / Unbalanced): 4/2 V RMS
- Signal To Noise Ratio: 102dB
- Output Impedance: 600 ohms Unbalanced and Balanced
- Dynamic Range: 96dB
- Unbalanced Input: 0
- Outputs Unbalanced: 1
- Outputs Balanced: 1
- Digital Coaxial Input: 0
- Digital Coaxial Output: 1
- Digital Optical Input: 0
- Digital Optical Output: 1
- Digital USB Input: 3 (2 USB 2.0 / 1 USB 3.0)
- Digital USB Audio Output: 3 (only 1 can be used at a time)
- Network Connection: 1 (10/100/1000)
- DVI Output: 0
- HDMI Output: 1 (for GUI only)
- VGA Output: 1 (for GUI only)
- eSata Input: 0
- DIGITAL AUDIO SPECIFICATIONS
- Digital Input Format: N/A
- Digital Input Sample Rate: N/A
- Digital Output Format: SPDIF (PCM)
- Digital Output Sample Rate: Up to 24-Bit/192kHz
- Power Control Input: 1
- Power Control Output: 1
- Rear Panel Data Input: 1
- Rear Panel IR Sensor Input: 1
- WEIGHTS & DIMENSIONS
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17.5" (44.45 cm) x 3-7/8" (9.8 cm) x 16" (40.64 cm)
- Weight: 13.5 lbs (6.1 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 28 lbs (12.7 kg)