McIntosh MC2KW Details
McIntosh MC2KW: Ultimate power in the universe of McIntosh amplifiers
- 1 - Channel Amplifier
- 2,000 Watt Quad Balanced Monoblock
- 3 speaker terminals for tri-wiring
- Unique three chassis design features two 1000 watt Power Modules combined into a third Output Module
- Capable of producing 2000 watts continuous power and peaks up to 8000 watts
- When combined with the finest loudspeakers, MC2kW will duplicate the dynamic range of live music
The MC2KW monoblock amplifier exceeds the demands of true lifelike playback levels, capable of delivering 2,000 watts of continuous power and 8,000 watts of peak power into 2, 4 or 8 ohm speakers. But that is not all. The MC2KW’s unique design incorporates three modules. Two 1,000 watt power modules each contain half the circuitry and a power supply. The output module houses the input and output connections, meter, and output transformer; it also functions as the control center.
The MC2KW features McIntosh’s Quad Balanced circuitry design which cancels virtually all noise and distortion that may have been introduced into the audio signal. This leaves a clean signal that even when amplified to high levels is still as pure as when it entered the amplifier from the preamplifier.
The MC2KW also includes other McIntosh technologies. The world famous McIntosh Autoformer guarantees your speakers will always receive full power regardless of their impedance, while Power Guard® will prevent clipping that could damage them. Three sets of speaker connections are included to allow for tri-wiring your speakers if they are so designed. Sentry Monitor™ is a fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit that disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal. Both balanced and unbalanced inputs are available for connecting to the rest of your system. The large, blue watt meter which is fascinating to look at and also provides a swift and accurate reading of the amplified signal.
The Power Modules feature LED illuminated McIntosh globes, laser etched into the back side of the half inch thick glass faceplates. Power output is displayed on the Power Module in a huge blue iconic McIntosh blue Watt meter. The beautiful appearance of the MC2kW amplifier matches its superb performance.
All three modules are housed in a beautiful polished stainless steel chassis that compliments the classic glass front panel, knobs and brushed aluminum handles. The MC2KW is perfect for both 2-channel music lovers as well as in home theater systems.
ListenUp has the only factory-authorized McIntosh service center in the Denver metro area.
|Sub Title||Power Amplifier|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - IN STORE ONLY|
ELECTRONIC SPECIFICATIONS :
- POWER OUTPUT PER CHANNEL: 2000W @ 2, 4 or 8 Ohms
- NUMBER OF CHANNELS: 1
- TOTAL HARMONIC DISTORTION: 0.005%
- S/N BELOW RATED OUTPUT: 123dB Unbalanced; 127dB Balanced
- DYNAMIC HEADROOM: 2dB
- DAMPING FACTOR: >40 Wideband
- RATED POWER BAND: 20Hz to 20kHz
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE:
- +0, -0.25dB from 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- +0, -3dB from 10Hz to 100,000Hz
- REMOTE POWER CONTROL: Yes
- MULTI-CHANNEL DB25 CABLE: N/A
GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS :
- CIRCUIT CONFIGURATION: Quad Balanced
- CIRCUIT DESIGN: Transistor
- MONO BRIDGE: N/A
- MONO PARALLEL: N/A
- AUTOFORMER: Yes
- METERS: Yes
- METER LIGHT SWITCH: Yes
- BALANCED INPUT: Yes-2
- FRONT PANEL: 1/2" Glass with handles
- ILLUMINATION: LED Fiber Optic
- CHASSIS STYLE: Open Stainless Steel (each module)
- GOLD PLATED BINDING POSTS: Yes, 200 amp, 3 sets for each tap
WEIGHTS & DIMENSIONS :
- DIMENSIONS (W x H x D): Each Module: 17-3/4" (45.09cm) x 12-5/16" (31.27cm) (including feet) x 26-5/8" (62.54cm) (including the front panel, handles, knobs and interconnect cables)
- WEIGHT: Output Module (1 included): 123 lbs (55.8 kg); Power Module (2 included): 127 lbs (57.6 kg) ea
- SHIPPING WEIGHT: Output Module (1 included): 148 lbs (67.1 kg); Power Module (2 included): 152 lbs (68.9 kg) ea