McIntosh MC207 Details
McIntosh MC207 Power Amplifier: McIntosh Seven channel Home Theater Muscle
- 200 watts for each of the Seven channels
- Balanced and Unbalanced inputs
- Exclusive McIntosh Power Assurance System
- Power Guard
- Sentry Monitor
- Dynamic Power Manager (DPM)™
- The massively over built amplifier design does not require cooling fans so the most subtle film soundtracks are not masked by common amplifier fan noise
- Precision McIntosh Power Meters allow monitoring of the primary front sound stage while clever engineering matches the output of MC207 with all speaker types
- Could be used to power a five channel home theater plus two channel remote zone
The MC207 is a gentle giant of Home Theater amplifiers that is conservatively rated at 200 watts for each of the seven channels. It produces an amazing movie experience in your home by delivering 200 watts of power to each speaker channel found in 7.1 home theater systems. It can also be used in 5.1 home theaters with the remaining 2 channels used to power a second zone in stereo. The exclusive Dynamic Power Manager® (DPM) technology from McIntosh enables the MC207 to deliver its full power into both 4 and 8 ohm speakers - making it compatible with a wide variety of home theater speakers.
The MC207 does not need cooling fans so even the most subtle soundtracks are not masked by fan noise. It features many notable technologies including Power Guard® and Sentry Monitor™. To connect the MC207 to your home theater processor, inputs for both balanced and unbalanced cables are included. Three blue watt meters provide an instant measurement of power output of the front three channels (the meters may be switched off if they conflict with the television or movie screen).
The MC207 could be used to power a five channel home theater plus two channel remote zone. The classic black glass front panel, polished stainless steel chassis, knobs and custom machined brushed aluminum end caps make the MC207 an eye pleasing addition to any space.
Exclusive McIntosh Power Assurance System
A collection of technologies that enhance performance and reliability while protecting the amplifier and loudspeakers.
A waveform comparison circuit continuously monitors both input and output signals. The Power Guard dynamically adjusts the input level to avoid clipping while preventing harsh sounding distortion.
Fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit that disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating level-resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal.
Dynamic Power Manager (DPM)™
By matching the characteristics of the output stage to 4 or 8 Ohm loudspeakers DPM insures the most efficient power transfer, reduces distortion, and promotes cool operation.
ListenUp has the only factory-authorized McIntosh service center in the Denver metro area.
|Sub Title||Power Amplifier|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - IN STORE ONLY|
- POWER OUTPUT PER CHANNEL: 200W @ 4 or 8 Ohms
- NUMBER OF CHANNELS: 7 (can also be used as a 2-zone amplifier with 5 channels in zone A and 2 channels in zone B)
- TOTAL HARMONIC DISTORTION: 0.005%
- S/N BELOW RATED OUTPUT: 112dB
- DYNAMIC HEADROOM: 1.7dB
- DAMPING FACTOR: > 140
- RATED POWER BAND: 20Hz to 20kHz
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE:
- +0, -0.25dB from 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- +0, -3dB from 10Hz to 100,000Hz
- REMOTE POWER CONTROL: Yes, 7 or 5 + 2 Channel
- MULTI-CHANNEL DB25 CABLE: Yes
- CIRCUIT CONFIGURATION: Push-Pull Complementary
- CIRCUIT DESIGN: Transistor
- MONO BRIDGE: No
- MONO PARALLEL: No
- AUTOFORMER: No
- METERS: Yes
- METER LIGHT SWITCH: Yes
- BALANCED INPUT: Yes
- FRONT PANEL: Glass
- ILLUMINATION: LED Fiber Optic
- CHASSIS STYLE: Inverted
- GOLD PLATED BINDING POSTS: Yes
WEIGHTS & DIMENSIONS:
- DIMENSIONS (W X H X D): 17-1/2" (44.45cm) x 9-7/16" (23.9cm) (including feet) x 21" (53.3cm) (including the front panel and cables)
- WEIGHT: 83 lbs (37.6 kg)
- SHIPPING WEIGHT: 116 lbs (52.6 kg)