McIntosh C2600 Details
McIntosh C2600 Preamplifier: Legendary McIntosh design with contemporary features
- Analog and digital sections housed separately in dual-chassis design to prevent signal corruption
- 32-bit/384kHz, DSD digital-to-analog-converter (DAC)
- Optical and coax inputs decode digital music at up to 24-bit/192kHz
- USB input accepts PCM signals up to 32-bit/384kHz and supports DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 plus DXD 352.8kHz and DXD 384kHz
- Ultra low distortion (0.08%)
- 16 total inputs and six tubes
- Home theater pass through for seamless integration into current theater systems
The McIntosh C2300 was one of the most admired McIntosh tube preamps ever made. Its successor, the C2500, was even more popular. Building upon those successes is the C2600, which incorporates the best of the previous models while adding an advanced digital audio section and upgraded tube circuitry design.
The C2600 is a versatile preamplifier with an expansive set of 16 inputs to connect virtually all your analog or digital music sources. For audio purity, the analog and digital sections are housed separately in McIntosh's dual chassis design to prevent signal corruption. Analog inputs include 3 balanced, 4 unbalanced plus 1 each dedicated Moving Magnet and Moving Coil phono inputs. Digital inputs consist of 3 optical, 2 coax, 1 USB and 1 McIntosh exclusive MCT connection. Three sets of balanced and unbalanced analog outputs will connect the C2600 to your amplifier.
The C2600 features a 32-bit/384kHz, DSD digital-to-analog-converter (DAC). The optical and coax inputs will decode digital music at up to 24-bit/192kHz for high resolution audio playback. The C2600 is also capable of decoding and playing DSD files; the USB input accepts PCM signals up to 32-bit/384kHz and supports DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 plus DXD 352.8kHz and DXD 384kHz. When paired with the MCT450 SACD/CD Transport, the proprietary MCT input offers a secure DSD connection for playback of the high definition audio found on SACDs in order to deliver the purist possible sound quality.
With the C2600, all inputs can be renamed to your preference and are available all of the time, giving you more freedom to configure your system. The outputs have also been updated to be easier to operate when bi-amping or tri-amping so that your highs and/or lows are not accidentally turned off. Bass and treble tone controls can adjust individual sources as needed. For headphone listening, the addition of Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®) brings an added dimension to your music. The Home Theater Pass Through feature allows for seamless integration into your multi-channel home theater system.
The C2600 features classic McIntosh design cues that not only blend with existing systems but also with any room décor. It can be paired with a variety of amplifiers, speakers, room correction devices, CD players, turntables and tuners to make a complete home audio system. Contact your local dealer to learn more.
A fascinating history of an audio legend
Even though this book is published by McIntosh itself, it is as candidly revealing as any business history I have read from an independent publisher. 'McIntosh: for the love of music' is not a happy-slappy PR puff piece but a genuine history. Indeed, I found the behind-the-scenes business chapters to be absolute page-turners.
As we've come to expect from Ken Kessler projects, the production values are lavish. The cover and book and the book's entire color scheme reflect McIntosh's black-and-gold glass faceplates and blue meters. The photographs, photo editing and layout are fittingly world-class. There is even a bound-in gold ribbon for a bookmark. In addition to a foreword and introduction, there are 19 chapters of content, four appendices (including a timeline), an index a bibliography, and lists of McIntosh products by model number an name.
Well done. Highly recommended, even if your amplifier doesn't sport big blue meters.
Excerpts from book review by John Marks, Stereophile magazine
ListenUp has the only factory-authorized McIntosh service center in the Denver metro area.
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - IN STORE ONLY|
- ULTRA LOW DISTORTION: 0.08%
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE, +0, -3DB: 10Hz to 100,000Hz
- MAXIMUM VOLTS OUT (BALANCED / UNBALANCED): 16/8 V RMS
- INPUT IMPEDANCE (BALANCED / UNBALANCED): 44K ohm, 22K ohm
- PHONO VOLTAGE GAIN: 60dB
- HIGH LEVEL VOLTAGE GAIN: 15dB
- SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO: 100dB
- DUAL MONO POWER SUPPLY: No
- DUAL MONO, FULLY BALANCED: No
- HEADPHONE OUTPUT: Yes 1/4", High Drive
- INPUTS UNBALANCED: 6 Stereo + 2 Phono
- INPUTS BALANCED: 2 Stereo
- VARIABLE OUTPUTS UNBALANCED: 3 Stereo
- VARIABLE OUTPUTS BALANCED: 3 Stereo
- DIGITAL USB INPUT: 1 (2.0, 32/192 Asynchronous)
- DIGITAL COAXIAL INPUT: 2
- DIGITAL OPTICAL INPUT: 2
- PHONO MOVING MAGNET: Yes, adjustable
- PHONO MOVING COIL: Yes, adjustable
- RECORD PROCESSOR LOOP: Yes
- INPUT LEVEL MATCH: Yes, +/- 6dB
- HOME THEATER PASS THROUGH: Yes
- TONE CONTROLS: Bass and Treble
- TONE BYPASS AND INPUT ASSIGN: Yes
- RS232 CONTROL INPUT: Yes, 9 pin
- POWER CONTROL OUTPUT: 1 Main, 2 Switched, 2 trigger
- REAR PANEL DATA PORTS: Yes, 8
- REAR PANEL IR SENSOR INPUT: Yes
- MULTI-CHASSIS OR SINGLE: Single, two layer
- OUTPUT METERS: Yes
- TUBE OR SOLID STATE: Tube, 6 ea. 12AX7a
- ON, POWER CONSUMPTION: 50 watts
- DIMENSIONS (W X H X D): 17.5" (44.45cm) x 7.625" (19.37cm) x 18" (45.72cm)
- WEIGHT: 30.5 lbs (13.8kg)
- SHIPPING WEIGHT: 46 lbs (20.9kg)