Marantz NR1609 Details
Marantz NR1609 - Slim 7.2 Channel AV Receiver with HEOS
- Slim profile that’s half the height of a traditional AVR delivers exceptional performance and sound quality
- 7-channel discrete power amplifier, 50W per channel (8-ohm, 20Hz – 20kHz, 0.08% THD)
- 8 HDMI inputs and an ARC output — including one input on the front panel — with full HDCP 2.2 support
- 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR and BT.2020, plus Dolby Vision compatibility and Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG)
- Supports object-based audio formats Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and DTS Virtual:X processing
- Ability to decode high-resolution audio ALAC, FLAC and WAV lossless files up to 24-bit/192-kHz — plus, DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks let you enjoy music exactly as the artist intended
- Built-in HEOS wireless multi-room audio technology
- Amazon Alexa voice control via the HEOS Home Entertainment skill
- Stream the most popular music services — like Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, Deezer and many others — via Bluetooth, AirPlay 2 or the HEOS app
- Now available – Apple AirPlay 2
- Integrated Phono input to directly connect your turntable
- Optimize your audio experience with Audyssey MultEQ, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ for a seamless setup within your listening environment
- Setup assistant, advanced GUI and Marantz 2016 AVR remote app for an easy out-of-box experience
- Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support
The Marantz NR1609 7.2 channel AV receiver supports immersive, object-based audio and the latest HDMI specifications. Enjoy movies with three-dimensional audio through Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and DTS Virtual:X, and watch your favorite movies and shows in 4K 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, BT.2020, HDR and Dolby Vision. Enjoy your favorite music services via Bluetooth, Apple AirPlay or the HEOS app. Control NR1609 with your voice and Amazon Alexa - download the HEOS Home Entertainment skill and ask Alexa to play, pause or stop music, switch inputs for your different media players, turn up the volume and more.
Powerful, Slim Seven-channel Discrete Amplifier
Featuring a high-current discrete power amplifier section, you get exceptional sound and the latest formats for movies and music with identical power on all seven channels (50W per channel: 8-ohm, 20Hz – 20kHz, 0.08% THD). The slim profile is half the height of a traditional AVR, while delivering the dynamic sound quality that defines Marantz excellence.
Latest HDMI Connectivity
Includes eight HDMI inputs and an ARC output — with one HDMI input on the front panel for quick connection — each one supporting HDCP 2.2, 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, Dolby Vision, HLG, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and BT.2020 pass-through.
Feel every dimension in Dolby Atmos. Enjoy a 5.1 surround sound speaker system and two additional overhead speakers or two Dolby Atmos elevation speakers for the ultimate home theater experience - including Dolby Surround upmixer for legacy content.
DTS:X immersive audio formatting places sound where it would naturally occur in space, creating life-like, multi-dimensional audio. The included spatial remapping engine of DTS Neural:X™ offers improved immersion and heightened realism in all of your favorite movies.
HEOS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and AirPlay 2 Capability
Dual antenna system lets you stream the most popular music services via Bluetooth, AirPlay or the HEOS app. Listen to your playlists on Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, Deezer and more.
HEOS Multi-room Streaming
Built-in HEOS technology lets you enjoy your favorite music in any room of your home for a wireless, whole-home audio experience. Play the same song in every room or select a different song for each connected room — the choice is yours. Enjoy music from Spotify, TuneIn, Sound Cloud, Tidal, Napster, Deezer or your local music file libraries. With additional HEOS components, like HEOS-capable speakers, play all your music in one room or many.
Support for Major Voice Control Agents
Enjoy effortless voice control and total flexibility from the leading voice agents. Speak commands with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Apple Siri and high-end smart home automation, Josh.ai. Ask to play your favorite music, turn the volume up, skip to the next track, switch inputs and more. Switch between voice agents, or pick a favorite to use - the choice is yours. Functionality varies by voice agent.
Amazon Alexa Voice Control
Use your voice to stream your favorite music services to this HEOS-enabled device. Ask Alexa to play music from Pandora, Spotify, Amazon Music and much more. Switch between inputs (Blu-ray, DVD, Media Player, etc.), turn volume up or down, pause, mute and play the next song - all with your voice.
To start streaming with Alexa voice commands, open the Alexa app and select “Skills.” Add HEOS Home Entertainment to enable. Then, go to Smart Home in the Alexa app menu and choose Devices and Discover or say “Alexa, discover my devices.”
With HEOS Home Entertainment and Alexa, you can stream to this product and any other HEOS-enabled device.
Google Assistant Voice Control
Ask your Google Home, Google app or other devices with Google Assistant built-in to control content across your listening environment. Start music in the HEOS app, then ask your Google Assistant to control volume, play, pause, skip tracks and more. ‘Works with the Google Assistant’ feature is always improving - further enhancements arrive in 2019.
AirPlay 2 + Apple Siri Voice Control
Stream audio from your favorite music services like Apple Music and Spotify or watch videos from services like Youtube and Netflix from any iPhone, iPad, Mac or Apple TV and hear the audio perfectly synced to your speakers Airplay 2 sources.
Airplay 2 also supports multi-room audio – wirelessly stream content to multiple AirPlay 2 compatible devices simultaneously with improved audio buffering to ensure smooth audio playback. AirPlay 2 provides control and grouping of compatible audio devices within the Apple Music or Home app. Use Airplay 2 in-app or with your voice via Siri.
Josh.ai Smart Home Voice Automation
An elevated voice agent for the high-end smart home, Josh.ai offers flexible voice control for nearly any aspect of your day-to-day experience and entertainment environment. Use voice commands to control the thermostat, lights, home appliances, speakers, AVR and more. Josh.ai is installed by custom integrators and accessed through an app on your phone or tablet. Works with iOS and Android devices.
High-resolution Audio Support
Ability to decode high-resolution audio ALAC, FLAC and WAV lossless files up to 24-bit/192-kHz, as well as DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks (the audiophile format of SACD) lets you enjoy music exactly as the artist intended. Listen to your music via the front panel USB port or over network sources.
Integrated Phono Input
Easily connect your analog turntable to the receiver and enjoy the pure intent of each recording within your vinyl collection.
Audyssey MultEQ for Simple Set-up and Room Calibration
Optimize your audio experience with Audyssey MultEQ, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ for a seamless setup of your listening environment.
With the supplied measurement microphone, MultEQ analyzes each speaker's output (including the subwoofer) and generates precision digital filters that optimize each channel for the correct frequency and time domain response. Use Audyssey Dynamic EQ to deliver clear dialogue and wide-band response even at reduced volume levels, or Audyssey Dynamic Volume to avoid shocks and normalize volume when content switches between commercials, announcements and TV programs. The MultEQ Editor app allows you to customize the sound more precisely to the specific problems in your room and tailor the sound to your personal preferences.
|Sub Title||Slim 7.2 Channel AV Receiver with HEOS|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
Marantz 2016 AVR Remote
The Marantz 2016 AVR Remote app for iOS and Android gives you complete control over the latest Marantz network AV receivers. Use it to power on/off, adjust volume, input and settings, or switch instantly to the HEOS app.
Dual Subwoofer Outputs
Supports dual subwoofers for even, low-frequency bass response within your listening environment. Enjoy accurate bass with no audible peaks or dips no matter where you place your subwoofer.
Multi-source / Multi-room
Enjoy 5.2 channel surround sound in your home theater and simultaneously play stereo sound from another source in a separate room. Simply connect a pair of speakers to the multi-room amplified outputs or hook up an additional stereo amp and speakers to the Zone 2 pre-outs.
Smart TV Connectivity
Easily control the receiver with your Smart TV remote via the HDMI CEC functionality associated with your Smart TV. Simply set “HDMI Control” to ON in your receiver, then set “Smart Menu” to ON and begin controlling the NR1509 with your TV remote. The Smart Menu home screen gives you quick access to source and surround mode selections, the AVR's setup menu and four Smart Selects.
Simple Smart Select Functions
Four Smart Select function buttons on the included remote control store your preferred setup - including input, volume and Audyssey configuration - for particular sources. With the push of a button, the receiver perfectly configures for any source, from Blu-ray to TV set-top box, to your favorite Internet radio station and more.
Advanced Custom Installation Support
All Marantz 2018 AV receivers offer extended support for easy custom install integration. Features “ihiji Invision” remote system management technology, “Domotz Pro” remote monitoring and management technology with dedicated web interface to control and set up your AV receiver from a computer on the same network. Let your installer easily monitor the status of connected products and troubleshoot remotely from a separate location or on-the-go.
- Multichannel Surround:
- DTS HD Master / DTS:X: Yes / Yes
- DTS Neo:X / DTS Neural:X: No / Yes
- DTS Virtual:X: No
- Dolby TrueHD / Dolby Atmos: Yes / Yes
- Dolby ProLogic llz / Dolby Surround: No/ Yes
- Auro 3D: No
- Audyssey DSX: No
- Multichannel Stereo: Yes
- Max Number of Processing (Preamp) Channels: 7.2
- Sound Enhancements:
- Discrete Power Amplifier: Yes
- Copper Plated Chassis: No
- Power Transformer: Toroidal / EI: EI
- Current Feedback Topology: No
- Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Modules (HDAM): No
- Pure Direct: Yes
- Gold plated RCA terminals: No
- Clock Jitter Reducer: No
- Audyssey: MultEQ
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ / Dynamic Volume: Yes / Yes
- Audyssey LFC: No
- Audyssey APP Support: Yes
- Compressed Audio Enhancer: MDAX2: Yes
- HEOS Multi-room and Streaming: Yes
- Network Audio Sharing: Yes
- Lossy formats: MP3 / WMA / AAC: Yes / Yes / Yes
- Lossless formats: FLAC / ALAC / WAV: Yes / Yes / Yes
- Lossless formats: FLAC HD 192/24 / WAV 192/24 / ALAC 192/24: Yes / Yes / Yes
- DSD Audio Streaming: up to DSD5.6
- FLAC HD 192/24: Yes
- WAV 192/24: Yes
- ALAC 192/24: Yes
- Gapless Playback: Yes (FLAC, WAV, ALAC, DSD)
- AirPlay Audio Streaming: Yes
- AirPlay 2 Audio Streaming: Yes
- Internet Radio: Yes (TuneIn)
- Spotify / Pandora / SiriusXM: Yes / Yes / Yes
- Compatible with Remote APP for Smart Phones: Marantz 2016 AVR Remote
- Compatible with Remote APP for Tablets: Android / iOS / Amazon Kindle
- Ethernet Ports: Yes
- Wi-Fi: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- HDMI Inputs: Back / Front: 7 / 1
- HDCP2.2 Support: Yes
- HDMI Outputs: Main / Zone: 1 / No
- Video Conversion Analog -> HDMI: Yes
- Analog to HDMI Scaling: 480i/576i up to 4K 60/50
- HDMI to HDMI Scaling: up to 4K 30/25/24
- GUI Overlay on HDMI: Yes
- HDMI: 3D / 4K / CEC / ARC / InstaPrevue: Yes/ Yes/ Yes/ Yes/ No
- Enhanced ARC: No
- HLG / Dolby Vision: Yes (update) / Yes
- 3D Signal Pass-Through: Yes
- 4K Signal Pass-Through / Scaling / GUI Overlay: Yes / Yes / Yes
- HDMI Pass-Through in Standby Mode: Yes
- Picture Adjust / Noise Reduction: No / No
- CEC: Yes
- DSD Audio Capability: No
- Audio Return Channel: Yes
- Auto LipSync: Yes
- HEOS Multi-Room Integrated: Yes
- HEOS Link Compatibility: IR/ IP: Yes / Yes
- Multi-Room Zones: 2
- Zone Audio Source: HDMI / Opt, Coax / Network, USB / Analog: No / No / Yes/ Yes
- Zone Audio Output: Speaker / Preout: Yes / Yes
- Zone HDMI Output from HDMI Source: No
- IP Control / RS232 Control / Web Control / App Control: Yes / No / Yes / Yes
- IR Flasher In: Yes
- Marantz Remote Bus: Yes
- DC Trigger Output: 1
- HDMI Diagnostics: Yes
- Auto Speaker Setup by Microphone: Audyssey MultEQ
- FL Display: 1 line
- Graphic User Interface - GUI: Advanced
- ISF Certification: Yes
- GUI Languages: 3
- Setup Assistant: Yes
- Smart Select: Yes
- Firmware Update by Network / USB: Yes / Yes
- Variable Cross Over: Yes
- Optimized Bass Redirection: Yes
- Bass Sync: No
- ECO Mode: Yes
- Auto Power off: Yes
- Sleep Timer: Yes
- Composite In / Out: 3 / 1
- Component In / Out: 2 / 1
- HDMI In / Out: 7+1 / 1
- Multi-Room Video Out: Video / HDMI: No / No
- Analog In / Out: 3 / No
- Phono (MM) In: Yes
- Digital In: Optical / Coaxial: 1 / 1
- Multi-Room Out: Analog / Digital: 1 / No
- Multichannel Pre Out: Yes (2.2)
- Subwoofer Out: 2
- 7.1 Multichannel Input: No
- Speaker Terminal: Gold Plated Screw / Regular Screw: No / Yes
- Number of Speaker Terminals: 7
- Speaker A / B: assignable
- Bi-Amp Drive: assignable
- Multi-Room Speaker Terminal: assignable
- Front Inputs: Audio / Composite / Digital (Opt) / HDMI / USB: No / No / No / Yes / Yes
- USB Audio / Made for iPod / Made for iPhone: Yes / No / No
- AM/FM Tuner: Yes
- Number of Poweramps: 7
- Power Output (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08% 2ch Drive): 50W
- Power Output (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.05% 2ch Drive): No
- Power Output (6 ohm, 1 kHz, 0.7% 2ch Drive): 70 W
- Power Output (6 ohm, 1 kHz, 10% 1ch Drive): 100 W
- 70% Guarantee: Yes
- Metal Front Panel: No
- System Remote Control: RC034SR
- Pre-Programmed / Learnable / LCD Display: No / No / No
- Power Consumption in W: 250
- Power Consumption No-Sound (ECO ...on/off) in W: 30 W / 40 W
- Standby Consumption in W: 0.2
- CEC Standby Consumption in W: 0.5
- Network Standby Consumption in W: 2.7
- Network Control On Consumption in W: No
- Maximum Dimensions:
- Antenna: Horizontal:(W x D x H) in inches: 17.3 x 14.8 x 4.1
- Antenna: Vertical:(W x D x H) in inches: 17.3 x 14.8 x 6.8
- W/o Antenna:(W x D x H) in inches: 17.3 x 14.5 x 4.1
- Weight in lbs. 18.3
- Multichannel Surround: