Marantz NR1608 Details
- 7-channel discrete power amplifier, 50W per channel (8 ohm, 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 0.08% THD)
- 8 HDMI inputs (incl. 1 front) with full HDCP 2.2 support
- Dolby Atmos (up to 5.1.2) and DTS:X
- Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support
- HEOS wireless multi-room integration
- 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR and BT.2020, plus Dolby Vision compatibility and Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG; via future firmware update)
- AirPlay, Bluetooth, TuneIn Internet Radio, Pandora, Spotify, Tidal, Deezer, Amazon Prime Music, SiriusXM, Napster, iHeartRadio, Sound Cloud, Network Audio Streaming
- DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), FLAC, ALAC and WAV support
- Audyssey MultEQ, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ
- Audyssey MultEQ Editor app support (available separately in the App store)
- Color-coded speaker terminals, Setup Assistant, Advanced GUI, Marantz 2016 AVR Remote App
- Intelligent ECO mode with off/on/auto setting
The NR1608 is a high-quality AV receiver which occupies minimal space. High current discrete power amplifiers on all 7 channels deliver astonishing power and clarity, and it delivers immersive 3D surround sound thanks to both Dolby Atmos and DTS:X decoders, yet at just a little more than 3 inches tall it’s slim enough to slip into any TV cabinet.
The NR1608 is fully compatible with the latest HDMI and HDCP 2.2 specifications on all 8 HDMI inputs, and will pass all the latest video formats – 4K 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, BT.2020, HDR and Dolby Vision – from Blu-ray players, set-top boxes, games consoles and streamed/download 4K Ultra HD content to an Ultra HD TV or projector. For future HDR broadcast content, HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) pass-through will also be supported via a firmware update.
Bluetooth and AirPlay can stream music directly from portable devices, while HEOS wireless multi-room music integration enables the NR1608 to become part of a complete home-wide music system. You can explore and play your own music library, online streaming music services and thousands of Internet radio stations, using the free HEOS app.
The "Marantz 2016 AVR Remote" app is also available free from the Apple app store, GooglePlay and the Amazon app store.
Powerful 7 Channel Discrete Amplifier with Eco Mode
The NR1608’s power amp section features discrete high-current output devices for superb sound with both music and movies, with, identical power on all 7 channels for precision sound. Rated at 50 watts per channel (8 ohm, 20 Hz – 20 kHz, 0.08% THD), the NR1608 features low-impedance drive capability, for excellent speaker control, and is compatible with 4 ohm speakers too. Meanwhile the Eco mode provides energy savings: it features an on-screen Eco meter, while it’s also possible to use the receiver in power-saving mode, either reducing the maximum output power or adopting low-power strategies at more modest settings – and all without any compromise on the superb sound quality.
Latest HDMI Connectivity; HDR, Dolby Vision, HLG, and HDCP 2.2 Compatible
Eight HDMI inputs – including one on the front panel for quick connections – feed the NR1608’s advanced video section, supporting the latest HDMI specification, including 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, BT.2020 and HDR pass-through support on every input. Dolby Vision compatibility is now supported, too, along with pass-through for new HDR broadcast format HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) to be enabled via a future firmware update.
HDCP 2.2 compatibility on all HDMI inputs, for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content, ensures the NR1608 is ready for the next generation of Blu-ray disc players, set-top boxes and 4K Ultra HD streams and downloads, while the video processor can also upscale SD and HD video to 4K Ultra HD. Certified by the Imaging Science Foundation, the NR1608 features a full suite of video calibration controls for use by an ISF technician, along with ISF Day/Night video modes.
Dolby Atmos transports you into the story with moving audio that flows all around you with breathtaking realism. Enjoy a 5.1 surround sound speaker system and 2 additional overhead speakers or 2 Dolby Atmos elevation speakers for the ultimate home theater experience - including Dolby Surround upmixer for legacy content.
Immersive audio places sound where it would occur naturally in space, creating a lifelike, multi-dimensional audio experience at home. The improved immersion and heightened realism draw you into the world of your favorite movies. The included spatial remapping engine, DTS Neural:X™, gives your movie, game and music collections a new lease on life! DTS:X literally brings the theater home.
Built-in Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and AirPlay
The NR1608 is equipped with an advanced dual antenna system for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi streaming, for a robust connection even in congested urban environments. Apple’s AirPlay lets you listen to your favorite tracks wirelessly from iOS devices such as iPhones and iPads.
HEOS: The Perfect Solution for Wireless Multi-Room Music Streaming
The built-in HEOS technology makes the NR1608 a key component of the HEOS wireless multi-room system. You can add more HEOS speakers, and enjoy your music anywhere and everywhere around your home, all controlled via the free HEOS app. Play the same song in every room, or a different song in every room.
Multiple streaming services can be played on the NR1608 or any other connected HEOS devices, including Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn Internet Radio, Amazon Music, SiriusXM, iHeartRadio, Sound Cloud, Tidal, Napster or Deezer. You can also stream music from your phone, USB stick, or local network drives, with favorites and playlist functions supported.
Marantz 2016 AVR Remote
The Marantz 2016 AVR Remote app for iOS and Android smartphones and tablets gives you complete control over the latest Marantz network AV Receivers. Along with many new features, the graphics and user interface have been completely overhauled. Control power, volume, input and settings, or switch instantly to the HEOS App to access your music content and streaming services, with full HEOS wireless multi-room control.
With NR1608, you can discover the incredible fidelity of high resolution audio tracks via the front panel USB port or network sources, with the ability to decode ALAC, FLAC and WAV lossless files up to 24-bit/192-kHz, as well as DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks (the audiophile format of SACD). You can also listen to other popular file types, such as MP3.
Audyssey MultEQ for simple set-up
Using the measuring microphone and stand supplied, Audyssey MultEQ measures the speakers in your home theater, including the subwoofer, and then applies multiple high precision DSP room acoustic correction filters, providing the smoothest, most natural tonal balance - regardless of the brand(s) or model(s) of speaker.
Audyssey Dynamic EQ features advanced psycho-acoustic processing to deliver clear dialogue and wide-band response even at reduced volume levels, delivering cinema-level clarity whatever listening level you choose, while Audyssey Dynamic Volume avoids nasty shocks by normalizing volume when content switches to commercials or announcements, creating an easier listening experience.
The Audyssey MultEQ Editor App
The NR1608 supports the brand-new Audyssey MultEQ Editor App. Go ‘under the hood’, view and adjust settings for detailed tuning, customize the sound more precisely to the specific problems in your room, and tailor the sound to your personal preferences.
- View the speaker detection results, to check correct installation
- View before and after results of the Audyssey calibration, making it easy to identify room problems
- Edit the Audyssey target curve for each channel pair to suit your tastes
- Adjust the EQ frequency adjustment range for each channel pair
- Switch between 2 high frequency rolloff target curves
- Enable/Disable midrange compensation to make the vocal region brighter or smoother
- Save and load calibration results
The Audyssey MultEQ Editor app, for Android and iOS, is available for purchase from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
Dual Subwoofer Outputs
A single subwoofer demands optimum placement within the room for the best bass, to even out peaks and dips in response. The NR1608 supports two subwoofers: used in different locations, these will give a smoother low-frequency response for more accurate bass anywhere in the listening area.
With the NR1608, you can enjoy 5.2-channel surround sound in the main room, and at the same time play stereo sound from another source in another part of the house. Simply connect a pair of speakers to the multi-room amplified outputs, or hook up a separate stereo amp and speakers to the Zone 2 pre-outs.
Smart TV Connectivity
Via the HDMI CEC (consumer electronics control) functionality on some Smart TVs, it’s possible to control the NR1608 with the TV's remote handset. With the receiver’s "HDMI control" set to ON, set "Smart Menu" receiver control functions and the TV's Smart Menu home screen will provide you direct access to source and surround mode selections, the main setup menu, and Smart Select configuration presets.
Simple Smart Select Functions
4 Smart Select function buttons on the remote control will store your preferred setup - input, volume and Audyssey configuration - for particular sources. The push of just one button has the NR1608 perfectly configured for anything from Blu-ray or your TV set-top box to your favorite Internet radio station.
Easy To Setup, Easy To Use
For easy installation, the NR1608’s horizontal row of premium loudspeaker terminals is color coded, with a set of matching cable-labels supplied to ensure correct hook-up. The AVR’s clear graphical on-screen display has an exclusive Setup Assistant, combining with the Quick Start guide to provide guidance and optimize critical settings for the best possible sound quality, whatever your configuration.
|Sub Title||4K Ultra HD AV Receiver with HEOS|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
Multichannel Surround :
- DTS HD Master / DTS:X: Yes / Yes
- DTS Neo:X / DTS Neural:X: No / Yes
- DTS Virtual:X : Yes (update)
- Dolby TrueHD / Dolby Atmos: Yes / Yes
- Dolby ProLogic llz / Dolby Surround: No/ Yes
- Auro 3D: No
- Audyssey DSX: No
- Multichannel Stereo: Yes
- Max Number of Processing (Preamp) Channels: 7.1
Sound Enhancements :
- Discrete Power Amplifier: Yes
- Copper Plated Chassis: No
- Power Transformer: Toroidal / EI: EI
- Current Feedback Topology: No
- Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Modules (HDAM): No
- Pure Direct: Yes
- High Grade Audio Components: No
- Gold plated RCA terminals: No
- Clock Jitter Reducer: No
- Audyssey: MultEQ
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ / Dynamic Volume: Yes / Yes
- Audyssey LFC: No
- Compressed Audio Enhancer: MDAX2: Yes
- HEOS Multi-room and Streaming: Yes
- Network Audio Sharing: Yes
- Lossy formats: MP3 / WMA / AAC: Yes / Yes / Yes
- Lossless formats: FLAC / ALAC / WAV: Yes / Yes / Yes
- Lossless formats: FLAC HD 192/24 / WAV 192/24 / ALAC 192/24: Yes / Yes / Yes
- DSD Audio Streaming: up to DSD5.6
- FLAC HD 192/24: Yes
- WAV 192/24: Yes
- ALAC 192/24: Yes
- Gapless Playback: Yes (FLAC, WAV, ALAC, DSD)
- AirPlay Audio Streaming: Yes
- Internet Radio (vTuner): Yes
- Spotify / Pandora / SiriusXM: Yes / Yes / Yes
- Compatible with Remote APP for Smart Phones: Marantz 2016 AVR Remote
- Compatible with Remote APP for Tablets: Android / iOS / Amazon Kindle
- Ethernet Ports: Yes
- Wi-Fi: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- HDMI Inputs: Back / Front: 7 / 1
- HDCP2.2 Support: Yes
- HDMI Outputs: Main / Zone: 1 / No
- Video Conversion Analog -> HDMI: Yes
- Analog to HDMI Scaling: 480i/576i up to 4K 60/50
- HDMI to HDMI Scaling: up to 4K 30/25/24
- GUI Overlay on HDMI: Yes
- HDMI: 3D / 4K / CEC / ARC / InstaPrevue: Yes/ Yes/ Yes/ Yes/ No
- Enhanced ARC: No
- HLG / Dolby Vision: Yes (update) / Yes
- 3D Signal Pass-Through: Yes
- 4K Signal Pass-Through / Scaling / GUI Overlay: Yes / Yes / Yes
- HDMI Pass-Through in Standby Mode: Yes
- Picture Adjust / Noise Reduction: Yes / Yes
- CEC: Yes
- DSD Audio Capability: No
- Audio Return Channel: Yes
- Auto LipSync: Yes
- HEOS Multi-Room Integrated: Yes
- HEOS Link Compatibility: IR/ IP: Yes / Yes
- Multi-Room Zones: 2
- Zone Audio Source: HDMI / Opt, Coax / Network, USB / Analog: No / No / Yes / Yes
- Zone Audio Output: Speaker / Preout: Yes / Yes
- Zone HDMI Output from HDMI Source: No
- IP Control / RS232 Control / Web Control / App Control: Yes / No / No / Yes
- IR Flasher In: No
- Marantz Remote Bus: Yes
- DC Trigger Output: 1
- HDMI Diagnostics: Yes
- Auto Speaker Setup by Microphone: Audyssey MultEQ
- FL Display: 1 line
- Graphic User Interface - GUI: Advanced
- ISF Certification: Yes
- GUI Languages: 3
- Setup Assistant: Yes
- Smart Select: Yes
- Firmware Update by Network / USB: Yes / Yes
- Variable Cross Over: Yes
- Optimized Bass Redirection: Yes
- Bass Sync: No
- ECO Mode: Yes
- Auto Power off: Yes
- Sleep Timer: Yes
- Composite In / Out: 3 / 1
- Component In / Out: 2 / 1
- HDMI In / Out: 7+1 / 1
- Multi-Room Video Out: Video / HDMI: No / No
- Analog In / Out: 3 / No
- Phono (MM) In: No
- Digital In: Optical / Coaxial: 1 / 1
- Multi-Room Out: Analog / Digital: 1 / No
- Multichannel Pre Out: Yes (2.2)
- Subwoofer Out: 2
- 7.1 Multichannel Input: No
- Speaker Terminal: Gold Plated Screw / Regular Screw: No / Yes
- Number of Speaker Terminals: 7
- Speaker A / B: Assignable
- Bi-Amp Drive: Assignable
- Multi-Room Speaker Terminal: Assignable
- Front Inputs: Audio / Composite / Digital (Opt) / HDMI / USB: No / No / No / Yes / Yes
- USB Audio / Made for iPod / Made for iPhone: Yes / No / No
- AM/FM Tuner: Yes
- Number of Poweramps : 7
- Power Output (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08% 2ch Drive): 50W
- Power Output (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.05% 2ch Drive): No
- Power Output (6 ohm, 1 kHz, 0.7% 2ch Drive): 70 W
- Power Output (6 ohm, 1 kHz, 10% 1ch Drive): 100 W
- 70% Guarantee: Yes
- Metal Front Panel: No
- System Remote Control: RC034SR
- Pre-Programmed / Learnable / LCD Display: No / No / No
- Power Consumption in W: 250
- Power Consumption No-Sound (ECO ...on/off) in W: 30 W / 40 W
- Standby Consumption in W: 0.2
- CEC Standby Consumption in W: 0.5
- Network Standby Consumption in W: 2.7
- Network Control On Consumption in W: No
- Maximum Dimensions:
- Antenna: Horizontal:(W x D x H) in inches: 17.3 x 14.8 x 4.1
- Antenna: Vertical :(W x D x H) in inches: 17.3 x 14.8 x 6.8
- W/o Antenna:(W x D x H) in inches: -
- Weight in lbs. 18.3