GoldenEar SuperCenter XL Details
GoldenEar SuperCenter XL Ultra-high Performance Center Channel Speaker: Perfect for your large home theater system
- Two 5-1/4˝ cast-basket mid/bass drivers
- Two 6-3/4˝ x 8˝ quadratic planar low-frequency radiators
- One high-velocity folded ribbon (HVFR™) tweeter
- Significant low frequency extension and exceptional dynamic range
The larger SuperCenter XL benefits from dual 6-3/4˝ x 8˝ quadratic planar low frequency radiators, giving it significant low frequency extension and exceptional dynamic range. The SuperCenter XL is perfect for larger home theater systems.
The SuperCenters are high performance center channel speakers appropriate for the highest quality home theater systems. They are designed to perfectly complement and match our Triton Towers and Aon Bookshelf loudspeakers, both sonically and cosmetically. Their sophisticated industrial design is both attractive and functional, both minimizing their apparent size as well as enhancing their acoustic performance.
These center channel models incorporate a D’Appolito Array of two newly developed long-throw 5-1/4˝ bass/midrange drivers surrounding one of our signature High Velocity Folded Ribbon (HVFR) tweeters. The 5-1/4˝ drivers incorporate spiderleg cast baskets for rigidity and minimal internal reflection, as well as our unique multi-vaned phase plugs (MVPP), to minimize cross-apex wave propagation interference. They also utilize top-mounted pressure-coupled quadratic planar low frequency radiators that both extend the bass response as well as provide the bass/midrange drivers with ideal acoustic loading and damping. Only 1˝ of clearance is required above the bass radiators.
Sonically, the SuperCenters offer the same lifelike, highly detailed, high-resolution, smooth, open, boxless sound quality that our SuperSat centers are famous for, but with additional low frequency extension and greater power handling capacity for greater dynamic range and impact.
“FANTASTIC ... PERFORMANCE THROUGHOUT THE RANGE IS SUPERB”
– Gabe Lowe in his Secrets of Home Theater and Hifi Review
|Name||GoldenEar SuperCenter XL|
|Sub Title||Ultra-high Performance Center Channel Speaker|
|Manufacturer Part#||SUPERCENTER XL|
- Dimensions WHD: 29˝ x 5-3/4˝ x 11˝
- Weight: 21 lbs (product) / 28 lbs (shipping)
- Frequency Response: 36 Hz - 35 kHz
- Efficiency: 91 dB
- Nominal Impedance: Compatible with 8 ohms
- Recommended Amplification: 20 - 250 watt/channel
- Warranty: 5-YEARS FOR DRIVERS AND CABINETS, 3-YEARS FOR ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS
- Driver Complement
- Two - 5-1/4˝ Cast-Basket Mid/Bass Drivers
- One – HVFR High-Velocity Folded Ribbon High-Frequency Radiator
- Two - 6-3/4˝ x 8˝ Quadratic Planar Low-Frequency Radiators
- What's in the Box
- SuperCenter XL Center Channel
- Three threaded Brass Inserts
- Three Adjustable rubber leveling feet
- Owner's Manual