Furman F1000-UPS Details
Furman F1000-UPS: Battery back-up for A/V pros and home theater aficionados
The Furman F1000-UPS offers your system unparalleled battery back-up technology.
- 1000 VA Battery Backup maintains critical data and allows orderly shutdown in the event of a power outage
- Voltage Regulation provides a consistent 120V (5V) output
- Series Multi-Stage Protection (SMP) provides virtually maintenance-free AC surge suppression
- Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT) for unequaled audio/video clarity
- Extreme Voltage Shutdown (EVS) protects your equipment from sustained overvoltage conditions
- Dual IR Output Controls allow you to program components for shutdown sequencing
- RS-232 Open Source Code Protocol provides custom programming for components
- Easy-to-use CD ROM software included
- USB Interface
- Critical Load Management
For decades, traditional audio/video components were simple analog devices designed to easily weather power outages of well over two seconds. Later, as computer and microprocessor based components gained in popularity, their extraordinary sensitivity to even a fraction of a secondﾒs power loss was managed with traditional UPS (uninterruptible power supply) technology.
Unfortunately, these units were solely designed for the I.T. professional. Though they included many technologies and features appropriate to that application, they fell short for premium audio/video components. Though many of these manufactures later recognized the ever-emerging professional audio/video, broadcast, and home theater market, their lack of experience led merely to a re-tooled chassis. These hastily produced UPS devices lacked the technologies necessary to truly optimize protection, performance, and control for today's audio video components.
The Furman F1000-UPS more than fills this void, and offers your system unparalleled battery back-up technology, created from the ground up to meet the exacting demands of the world's most sensitive audio, video and control systems!
Typical UPS systems feature antiquated surge suppression technologies that can cause as much damage and annoying lock-ups as they attempt to prevent. Only Furman offers battery back-up with our road-proven SMP non-sacrificial, zero ground contamination surge suppression technology and EVS Extreme Voltage Shutdown. After all, the most robust battery can not function if the accompanying circuits are damaged. With Furman's F1000-UPS, you can expect years of trouble free operation.
Though many control devices are relatively immune to moderate levels of AC line noise, today's more sensitive devices (such as DLP projectors) certainly are not. High-definition technologies have pushed resolution to levels so extreme that virtually any AC noise capable of coupling with your system's signal will distort, mask, or destroy the performance advantages we all strive so hard to capture and reproduce. Once again, the F1000-UPS is different. While other UPS devices feature AC line filters suitable for a I.T. closet, only Furman employs our exclusive Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT). This advanced noise filtering technology assures that today's ultra-wide dynamic range is maintained as it must be -pristine. Remember, less AC noise equals greater content, greater resolution, and higher definition.
Programmability & Control
Audio/video systems can vary greatly in their size and components, and as such, flexibility is needed in determining how a battery backup solution should function under different circumstances. Because of this, Furman has provided open source RS-232 control over two independent AC outlet banks, with a wide range of control features to interface with an existing automation solution. Dual programmable IR control allows the unit to send a shut down command to remote components - no more expensive projector bulbs to replace in the event of a blackout.
Typical Backup Components
Given the nature of battery backup technology, high-current audio and video components such as power amplifiers, powered subwoofers, and high-wattage displays are not recommended for use with the F1000-UPS. Not only will these components drain battery power quite rapidly, line impedance will be raised due to the F1000-UPS's (or any) AVR and AC to DC inverter, which can induce current compression and noticeably diminish performance with high-current A/V equipment.
The following components are ideal for use with the F1000-UPS:
- Satellite Receivers
- Cable Boxes
- Digital Video Recorders
- Media Servers
- High Resolution Game Gaming Consoles
- Lamp Based Video Display
- Control Systems
|Sub Title||Uninterruptible Power Supply, Voltage Reg/Pwr Conditioner|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
- Voltage: 85 - 137 VAC
- Frequency: 57 - 63 Hz
- Surge Protection: Non-sacrifical SMP (Series Multi-Stage Protection)
- Current Rating: 12 A
- Over-voltage Shutoff, fast rise: 150 ± 5V
- Over-voltage Shutoff, slow rise: 132 ± 5V
- Noise Attenuation: 10 dB @ 10kHz, 40 dB @ 100 kHz, 50 dB @ 500kHz
- Linear Attenuation: From 0.05 - 100 Ohms line impedance
- Automatic Voltage Regulation, Sensitive Mode Capture Range: 99 - 135V
- >Automatic Voltage Regulation, Sensitive Mode Output Range: 120V ± 5%
- >Automatic Voltage Regulation, Standard Mode Capture Range: 94 - 142V
- >Automatic Voltage Regulation, Standard Mode Output Range: 120V ± 10%
- Voltage: 120 ± 5V Simulated Sine Wave
- Frequency: 60 Hz ± 1%
- UPS Output Capacity: 1---VA. 600W @ 0.6pf
- UPS Backup Time: 3 minutes at full load
- Transfer Time: < 4ms
- Dimensions: 17” W x 13” D x 4” H (with feet), 17” W x 13” D x 3.5” (w/o feet)
- Weight: 36 lbs.