Focal Kanta No. 2 High Gloss Black Details
- Latest generation IAL3 Beryllium Tweeter
- Flax sandwich cone speaker drivers
- Deep and articulated bass
- Moulded multi-ply cabinet with great neutrality
- Magnetic grilles
- High-density Polymer front panel
- Inert baffle for improved definition
- Powerflow multi-port technology
- No dynamic compression
- Front and rear ports
- Transducers integrating Focal’s latest technologies
- Speaker drivers developed and manufactured in France by Focal
Kanta N°2 is a three-way floor standing loudspeaker totally dedicated to performance. Kanta N°2 is equipped with a new generation IAL tweeter featuring a Beryllium inverted dome and Flax sandwich cone speaker drivers. This is an unprecedented combination of technologies to guarantee precise, detailed and warm sound. Focal’s latest acoustic innovations have been integrated into these floorstanders encompassing a modern and distinctive design. These loudspeakers are perfect for rooms measuring up to 320 sq. ft (30 sq. m) and they’re also ideal for larger rooms of up to 750 sq. ft2 (60 sq. m).
Be surprised by Kanta, highly original speakers that will reconnect you with your music. Entirely dedicated to acoustic performance and with a resolutely disruptive aesthetic: that, in a nutshell, is the Kanta DNA! It took three years of research and development to create this model, Kanta No. 2, the first in the range. With their new materials and effectiveness-focused design that give them their powerful identity, they come straight from Focal engineers' hearts.
Focal offers a hitherto unknown amalgamation of technologies: the marriage of Beryllium, in the latest generation IAL3 tweeter, with Flax, for the midrange and bass drivers. The result is precise, detailed sound brimming with warmth and musicality. This is the start of a new era for those who love sound...
Marriage of materials, Beryllium And Flax
For the very first time, a Flax sandwich cone speaker has been combined with a Beryllium tweeter. Flax is the answer to the low mass/rigidity/damping equation, leading to sound clarity and precision. This unique Flax/Beryllium combination gives music incredible warmth and musicality. Made in France, this patented flax membrane has already proven itself in Focal home and in-car speakers. The midrange speaker uses TMD (Tuned Mass Damping) suspension, and every Kanta speaker is also equipped with an NIC (Neutral Inductance Circuit) driver, which stabilizes the magnetic field for perfectly defined sound and better controlled bass.
Cabinet-work, High Density Polymer
Everything is designed and made to create acoustic softness and warmth: the density and stiffness of the baffle and shell materials, softened angles and double vents. The baffle is made of a new material to suit the acoustic parameters. It is moulded in one piece from high density polymer (HDP). This material has excellent performance: it is 70% denser than MDF, 15% stiffer and provides 25% more damping. The one-piece baffle totally eliminates any sound diffraction. Kanta incorporates Power Flow technology with two vents, on the front and rear faces, to limit bass compression.
New tweeter, Distortion Is The Enemy
Focal's research is geared towards reducing distortion in every register. With Kanta, the treble register is reproduced by a new pure Beryllium tweeter. This IAL3 tweeter combines the principles of IAL (Infinite Acoustic Loading) and IHL (Infinite Horn Loading) tweeters, both of which help with the absorption of waves, thus lowering the tweeter frequency.
Style, And That's All...
Focal engineers have revisited their choice of ‘Focus Time’, which corrects speaker alignment, making them the same distance from the ear. The rear shell is made in one-piece integrally moulded wood. The Zamac base also brings out masses of character. With its spikes and cups, the base provides great stability from a very small footprint. Final details: the glass-covered top and magnetic grille fixings. When these are removed, they reveal the speakers' flax cones, the final design touch that gives Kanta its unique look.
|Name||Focal Kanta No. 2 High Gloss Black|
|Sub Title||3-Way Floorstanding Speaker|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
- Type: 3 way bass-reflex floor standing loudspeaker
- Two 61/2‘’ (16.5cm) Flax woofer with NIC motor
- 61/2‘’ (16.5cm) Flax midrange with TMD suspension and NIC
- motor 11/16’’ (27mm) ‘IAL3’ pure Beryllium inverted dome tweeter
- Sensitivity: (2,83V/1m) 91dB
- Frequency Response: (+/-3dB) 35Hz - 40kHz
- Low Frequency Point (- 6dB): 29Hz
- Nominal Impedance: 8Ω
- Minimum Impedance: 3.1Ω
- Recommended Amplifier: Power 40 - 300W
- Crossover Frequency: 260Hz - 2,700Hz
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 441/64 x 1825/32 x 1241/64 (1,118 x 477 x 321 mm)
- Net weight (with front grille): 77.2lbs (35kg)
- Packaging dimensions (H x W x D): 49 39⁄64 x 27 11⁄64 x 16 17⁄32’’ (1,260 x 690 x 420mm)
- Total weight (including packaging): 88.2lbs (40kg)