Denon AVR-X8500H Silver Details
- World’s first 13.2 channel receiver
- Supports the latest surround sound formats and 4K Ultra HD picture
- Supports Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and Auro-3D
- Latest HDMI Specs With eARC
- Audyssey MultEQ XT32
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi wireless streaming
- Apple's AirPlay compatibility
- Built-in HEOS technology supports Amazon Alexa
- Denon 2016 AVR Remote
- Sophisticated DSP audio processing system
- High Resolution Audio
- AL32 processing
- 32-bit AKM AK4490EQ D/A converters on all channels
The Denon Flagship AVR-X8500H powers the next generation of home theater with the world’s first 13.2 channel receiver that supports the latest immersive audio formats, including Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and Auro-3D. Built-in HEOS technology supports Amazon Alexa and takes music listening to the next level with wireless whole-home audio and voice control.
POWERFUL 13.2 CHANNEL HOME THEATER EXPERIENCE
The AVR-X8500H ushers in a leading-edge home theater experience with 13.2 channels that support the latest surround sound formats and 4K Ultra HD picture.
DOLBY ATMOS: SOUND IN THE RIGHT PLACE
Immerse yourself in multi-dimensional audio with Dolby Atmos. Enjoy a 7.1.6 or 9.1.4 surround sound speaker system with as many as 6 overhead speakers or Dolby Atmos elevation speakers for the ultimate home theater experience.
DTS:X: BE CLOSER TO THE ACTION
DTS:X™ immersive audio places sound where it would occur naturally in space, creating a lifelike, multi-dimensional audio experience in the home. The improved immersion and heightened realism draw you into the world of your favorite movies. The included DTS Neural:X™ gives your movies, games and music a realism unmatched by traditional 5.1 surround sound.
AURO-3D: FEEL THE POWER OF LIFE-LIKE SOUND
Auro-3D provides an immersive surround sound experience thanks to dedicated height and overhead channels, in addition to traditional channels supporting up to a 13.2 configuration. Formatting identifies sound objects individually and projects them to different spaces in your listening environment, creating an immersive, three-dimensional sound stage. Auro-3D will be enabled via a future firmware update at no additional charge.
GEARED UP FOR 4K ULTRA HD
Enjoy ultra-high-definition pictures, even from analog and digital SD sources.
LATEST HDMI SPECS WITH EARC: FUTUREPROOF IN ANY WAY
All eight HDMI inputs (including one on the front) and three HDMI outputs feature HDCP 2.2 compatibility and the latest HDMI specifications, including 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and 21:9 video, 3D, and BT.2020 pass-through support. It is even ready for Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) for 3D audio playback through TV apps. The feature will be enabled via a future firmware update.
ADVANCED VIDEO SECTION: BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO LEGACY SOURCES
The AVR-X8500H boasts an advanced video processor to upscale existing lower resolution video from any analog or digital source to true 4K. With three HDMI outputs, you can even connect a TV and a projector in the main room, while playing back different content on a second zone screen.
HDR / DOLBY VISION: NEXT GENERATION VIDEO FORMATS
The AVR-X8500H supports High Dynamic Range (HDR) video format. It is even ready for Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma). Dolby Vision transforms the viewing experiences with astonishing brightness, contrast, and color. HLG offers HDR technology over broadcast content.
SMART TV CONNECTIVITY
Control your Denon AVR-X8500H with your Smart TV remote via the HDMI CEC functionality associated with your Smart TV. Simply set “HDMI Control” to ON in your receiver, then set “Smart Menu” to ON and begin controlling the AVR-X8500H with your TV remote. The Smart Menu home screen provides you quick access to source and surround mode selections, the AVR's setup menu and four Smart Selects.
AUDYSSEY MULTEQ XT32
Equipped with the full Audyssey Platinum suite of advanced DSP algorithms, the AVR-X8500H features Audyssey MultEQ XT32 automatic room acoustic correction. With the supplied measurement microphone, MultEQ XT32 analyzes each speaker's output (including the subwoofers) at up to eight measurement locations and generates precision digital filters that optimize each channel for the correct frequency and time domain response. Plus, the Audyssey MultEQ Editor app lets you view and adjust settings for detailed tuning and customize the sound more precisely to your room and tastes.
CONNECTIVITY: UNWIRE YOUR SOUND
Featuring Bluetooth and Wi-Fi wireless streaming connectivity, the Denon AVR-X8500H is equipped with an advanced dual antenna transceiver system for robust streaming even in congested urban environments. Plus, with Apple's AirPlay compatibility, you can enjoy listening to your favorite audio content wirelessly from your iOS devices such as an iPhone or iPad.
Built-in HEOS technology lets you enjoy your favorite music in any room of your home for a wireless, whole-home audio experience. Play the same song in every room, or select a different song for each connected room - the choice is yours. Also works with Amazon Alexa, providing cutting-edge voice control and incredible sound for all of your home entertainment.
DENON + HEOS APP: EVERYTHING UNDER CONTROL
With the "Denon 2016 AVR Remote" app you can control the receiver's operation and even control your connected Denon Blu-ray player. Easily control your music and multi-room streaming within the HEOS app, or use your voice for Amazon Alexa Voice Control.
QUICK SELECT: CHOOSE YOUR FAVORITE SOURCES
Store your preferred set-up and sound mode for every source - jump right to them by the push of a button on the front panel or via the remote control.
POWERFUL DSP AUDIO PROCESSING
The AVR-X8500H owns a sophisticated DSP audio processing system that incorporates no less than four powerful high speed fourth generation SHARC DSP processors, which together have a combined continuous processing capability of 10 GFLOPS (10 billion floating point numerical computations per second).
HIGH RESOLUTION AUDIO: ENJOY SUPERB AUDIO FIDELITY
Discover the incredible fidelity of high-resolution audio tracks with the ability to decode up to 24-bit/192-kHz ALAC, FLAC and WAV lossless files as well as DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks (the audiophile format of SACD) via the front panel USB port and network sources. Or, listen to other popular file types such as MP3.
AL32 PROCESSING: UNIQUE DENON AUDIO TECHNOLOGIES
AL32 processing multi-channel provides ultra-high-resolution digital audio filtering and precision for all audio channels, delivering a natural soundstage with enhanced imaging. For content recorded in multi-channel, such as Blu-ray discs, the recorded low frequency effects (LFE) may be out of sync and delayed. Bass Sync technology corrects such a delay of low frequency effects for the perfect audio experience.
32-BIT D/A CONVERSION: BEST POSSIBLE SOUND STAGE
For optimum fidelity and the widest dynamic range with lowest distortion, the Denon AVR-X8500H features advanced reference-class 32-bit AKM AK4490EQ D/A converters on all channels. Enjoy consistent high-fidelity and precise channel matching across all channels for the ultimate listening experience.
GET THE AMAZING HEOS EXPERIENCE
Enjoy your favorite music from anywhere and everywhere around your home. Share music stored on your home network, streaming services with HEOS wireless speakers or even other HEOS-capable receivers and listen throughout the whole house. Control it all with the free HEOS app. Enjoy music from TuneIn, Internet Radio and a wide range of streaming services including Pandora®, Spotify®, Amazon Prime Music, iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, Soundcloud®, Tidal, Napster or Deezer.
HEOS + ALEXA - SPEAK YOUR COMMANDS
Use your voice to stream your favorite music services to this HEOS-enabled device. Ask Alexa to play music from Pandora, Spotify, Amazon Music and much more. Switch between inputs (Blu-ray, DVD, Media Player, etc.), turn volume up or down, pause, mute and play the next song - all with your voice.
To start streaming with Alexa voice commands, open the Alexa app and select “Skills.” Add HEOS Home Entertainment to enable. Then, go to Smart Home in the Alexa app menu and choose Devices and Discover or say “Alexa, discover my devices.”
With HEOS Home Entertainment and Alexa, you can stream to this product and any other HEOS-enabled device.
Select the Perfect HEOS for your Setup
HEOS technology within the AVR-X8500H allows you to stream your favorite music wirelessly around your home to any other HEOS-enabled device, like HEOS speakers.
- HEOS 1 (Bathroom): Ideal for damp environments or outdoors.
- HEOS 3 (Bedroom): The perfect choice for medium sized room.
- HEOS 5 (Kitchen): Bring beautiful sound into larger rooms.
- HEOS 7 (Livingroom): Get the party going in wider and open areas.
EXTERNAL CONTROL AND IP CONTROL CAPABILITIES
The AVR-X8500H is part of Denon's range of IN·Command series of custom integration friendly AV components, equipped with feature-rich enhanced control capabilities and compatibility with third-party and custom integration solutions.
The AVR-X8500H features IP control capability for an integration with major third-party control devices and Control4 SDDP (Simple Device Detection Protocol) certification for quick and easy integration with Control4 home automation equipment. For direct connection to external home automation and control equipment, it's also equipped with an RS-232C serial port.
For simpler integrated control set-ups, the AVR-X8500H features an IR (infrared) remote control input on the rear panel, allowing remote control compatibility with other components in your home theater system.
PERFECT SET-UP FROM THE START
The AVR-X8500H easily guides you through the set-up process to ensure the most accurate configuration and lets you optimize all settings for the best possible sound and video quality. The most advanced Audyssey MultEQ XT32 room measurement system guarantees the best sound in every room.
|Name||Denon AVR-X8500H Silver|
|Sub Title||13.2-Ch. AV Receiver w/ Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Auro-3D and HEOS|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
Multichannel Surround :
- DTS HD Master / DTS:X: Yes / Yes
- DTS Neo:X / DTS Neural:X: No / Yes
- Dolby TrueHD / Dolby Atmos: Yes / Yes
- Dolby ProLogic Ilz / Dolby Surround: No / Yes
- Auro 3D : Yes
- Audyssey DSX: No
- Multichannel Stereo: Yes
- Max Number of Processing (Preamp) Channels: 13.2
Sound Enhancements :
- Mono Block Power Amp Construction: Yes (L/R separated)
- Discrete Power Amplifier: Yes
- D.D.S.C. HD Digital: Yes (32-bit)
- Pure Direct: Yes
- Gold Plated RCA Terminals: Yes
- Clock Jitter Reducer: Yes
- Alpha Processing: AL32 Processing Multichannel
- Denon Link HD: Yes
- Audyssey: MultEQ XT32
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ / Dynamic Volume: Yes / Yes
- Audyssey LFC: Yes
- Compressed Audio Restorer: Yes
- DLNA Certified: Yes
- Lossy Formats: MP3 / WMA / AAC: Yes / Yes / Yes
- Lossless Formats: FLAC / ALAC / WAV: Yes / Yes / Yes
- Lossless formats: FLAC HD 192/24 / WAV 192/24 / ALAC 96/24: No
- DSD Audio Streaming: Yes (5.6MHz)
- Gapless playback: Yes (FLAC, WAV, AIFF, ALAC, DSD)
- Photo Streaming (JPEG): No
- AirPlay Audio Streaming: -
- Windows PlayTo / Windows8 Certified: -
- Internet Radio: Yes (TuneIn)
- Spotify Connect / Pandora / SiriusXM*: -
- Compatible with Remote APP for Smart Phones: Denon 2016 AVR Remote
- Compatible with Remote APP for Tablets: Android / iOS / Amazon Kindle
- Ethernet Ports: Yes
- Wi-Fi: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- Media Server: Yes
- HEOS Wireless Multi-Room Technology: Yes
- Lossless formats: FLAC HD 192/24 / WAV 192/24 / ALAC 192/24: Yes / Yes / Yes
- FLAC HD 192/24: Yes
- WAV 192/24: Yes
- ALAC 192/24: Yes
- Spotify*: Yes (connect)
- Pandora: Yes
- SiriusXM*: Yes
- Other Streaming Services *: Amazon Music / TIDAL / Deezer / iHeart Radio / Napster / Soundcloud / Mood Mix
- HEOS App Control: Yes
- AirPlay / Airplay2 Audio Streaming: No/Yes
- HDMI Inputs Back / Front: 7/1
- HDCP 2.2 support: Yes
- HDMI Outputs: Main / Zone: 2/2
- Video Conversion Analog -> HDMI: Yes
- Analog to HDMI Scaling: up to 4K 60/50
- HDMI to HDMI Scaling: up to 4K 60/50
- GUI Overlay on HDMI: Yes
- 3D Signal Pass-through: Yes
- 4K Signal Pass-through / Scaling / GUI Overlay: Yes / Yes / Yes
- HDMI Pass-Through in Standby Mode: Yes
- Picture Adjust / Noise Reduction: Yes / Yes
- CEC: Yes
- DSD Audio Capability: Yes
- Audio Return Channel: Yes
- Auto LipSync: Yes
- HDMI: 3D / 4K / CEC / ARC / InstaPrevue: Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / No
- Enhanced Audio Return Channel: Yes
- HLG / Dolby Vision: -
- HDR / HLG / Dolby Vision: Yes/Yes/Yes
Multi-room / CI :
- Multi-Room Zones: 3/3
- Zone Audio Source: HDMI / Opt, Coax / Network, USB / Analog: Yes (2ch) / Yes (2ch) / Yes /Yes
- Zone Audio Output: Speaker / Preout: Yes / Yes
- Zone HDMI Output from HDMI Source: Yes
- IP Control / RS232 Control / Web Control / App Control: Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes
- Remote In / Out: Yes / Yes
- DC Trigger Output: 2
- HDMI Diagnostics: Yes
- Auto Speaker Setup by Microphone: Audyssey MultEQ XT32
- FL Display: 2 Lines
- Graphic User Interface - GUI: Advanced
- ISF Certification: Yes
- GUI Languages: 3
- Setup Assistant: Yes
- Quick Select Plus / Quick Select: Yes/ No
- Firmware Update by: Network / USB: Yes/Yes
- Variable Cross Over: Yes
- Optimized Bass Redirection: Yes
- Bass Sync: Yes
- ECO Mode: Yes
- Auto Power Off: Yes
- Sleep Timer: Yes
- Composite In / Out: 4 / 1
- Component In / Out: 3 / 1
- HDMI In / Out: 7+1 / 3
- Multi-room Video Out: Video / HDMI: Yes / Yes
- Analog In / Out: 6 / x
- Phono (MM) In: Yes
- Digital In: Optical / Coaxial: 2 / 2
- Multi-room Out: Analog / Digital: 2 / No
- Multichannel Preout: Yes (13.2ch)
- Subwoofer Out: 2 (independent)
- 7.1 Multichannel Input: Yes
- Speaker Terminal: Gold Plated Screw / Regular Screw: No / Yes
- Number of Speaker Terminals: 15
- Speaker A / B : Assignable
- Bi-amp Drive : Assignable
- Multi-Room Speaker Terminal : Assignable
- Front Inputs: Audio / Composite / Digital (Opt) / HDMI / USB: No / No / No / Yes / Yes
- USB Audio / Made for iPod / Made for iPhone: Yes / No / No
- AM/FM Tuner : Yes
- Number of Poweramps: 13
- Power Output (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08% 2ch Drive): -
- Power Output (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.05% 2ch Drive): 150 W
- Power Output (6 ohm, 1 kHz, 0.7% 2ch Drive): 190 W
- Power Output (6 ohm, 1 kHz, 10% 1ch Drive): 260 W
- Metal Front Panel: Yes
- System Remote Control: RC-1221
- Pre-programmed / Learnable / LCD Display: Yes / No / No
- Power Consumption in W: 900 W
- Power Consumption No-Sound (ECO On / Off) in W: -
- Standby Consumption in W: 0.1
- CEC Standby Consumption in W: 0.5
- Network Control On Consumption in W: 3.5
- Maximum Dimensions:
- Antenna: Horizontal: (W x D x H) in Inches: 17.08 x 18.7 x 7.72
- Antenna: Vertical: (W x D x H) in Inches: -
- Weight in LBS: 39.24
- Network Standby Consumption in W: -