Audioengine HD3 Walnut - Clearance / Open Box Details
Audioengine HD3 Powered Speakers (Walnut): The ultimate personal music system
- Built-in power amplifiers
- High-fidelity Bluetooth® with aptX®, extended range and simplified setup
- USB audio input
- Dual analog audio inputs and a full-range variable output
- Custom Kevlar woofers and silk tweeters
- Hand-built cabinets with furniture-grade finishes
- Detachable magnetic speaker grills
- Threaded inserts to secure speakers to floorstands
The Audioengine HD Series was designed focusing on the way people listen to music today. HD3 raises the bar and sets a new standard for compact mini music systems. HD3 fits just about anywhere you listen and will play all your music from any device. Easy setup, simple but useful features, and real stereo sound make HD3 the ultimate go-to system for all your music!
Music now is available from many different sources including computers, tablets, smartphones, and turntables. HD3 features multiple inputs to accommodate all of these digital and analog sources. It’s Bluetooth receiver, which supports aptX and AAC codecs, has a range of about 100 feet which allows you to stream all your music from almost anywhere in your house. HD3’s USB input bypasses your computer’s lower-quality DAC for a high-fidelity listening experience. Moreover, dual analog inputs round out the HD3’s impressive suite of connections.
HD3 includes features from some of the best-selling Audioengine products making it an incredibly versatile speaker system. You can stream TIDAL, Spotify, Pandora, YouTube or any other streaming service or media player - wirelessly from your smartphone, tablet or computer. And for the highest resolution, just connect to the USB input. Moreover, you can also connect your favorite turntable and even connect a subwoofer, so no matter how you like to listen to your music, HD3 got you covered.
All your music, day and night
HD3 features a headphone output and volume control on the front panel for you to listen to your favorite headphones without disturbing the neighbors or significant other. It’s built in headphone amplifier delivers a high-end sound that is a perfect match with even the most-demanding headphones.
Even though HD3 was designed first for audio performance, the furniture-grade wood veneers, aluminum trim accents, and detachable magnetic grills give it a look and feel of old-school elegance that will blend with any decor.
Small speakers that pack a punch
Built-in power amplifiers save space and eliminate the need to connect HD3 to a stereo receiver or external power amp. You just need simply to plug the left speaker into a power outlet and connect the included speaker wire from the left to the right passive speaker. All internal components of the HD3 are designed and tuned together in order to deliver the Audioengine’s Signature Sound and a much more efficient system than traditional separate passive speakers and amplifiers.
About Bluetooth® and aptX®
Audioengine Bluetooth products easily connect to any devices that have Bluetooth, but it’s recommended to use a device that supports Bluetooth aptX to get the best result.
And if you’re looking for a new smartphone, tablet, or computer with aptX or want to look up your device and see if it supports aptX.
And for iPad or iPhone users that don’t have aptX, MacOS (MacBook, iMac, Mac mini) include Bluetooth aptX, however if you use an iPhone or iPad, Apple generally uses the AAC codec and doesn’t support aptX. AAC sounds really good as well and you also get the extra benefit of Audioengine upsampling 24-bit DAC, so you won’t be disappointed by the sound quality if you use an iOS device with any of the Audioengine Bluetooth products.
Audioengine designs and manufactures its own speaker drivers and other critical components. So, the HD3 is not a “box-built" system with off-the-shelf parts, but includes custom-designed components constructed to desired specifications.
Efficient integrated design
The speaker cabinets, drivers, innovative bass port designs, amplifiers, and passive crossovers are all critically tuned together for each Audioengine model. The result is a much more efficient system that requires less power than passive speakers and a separate integrated amplifier or similar A/V components. All this goodness is built into the left speaker cabinet to make it super-easy to connect your smartphone, tablet, computer, TV, network player - or any other audio product.
Built-in B1 and D1
The HD3 has features inspired from two of Audioengine’s best-selling products, the B1 aptX® Bluetooth® Receiver and the D1 24-bit DAC, and combined some of this circuitry with advanced speaker components to achieve a complete high-end analog and digital audio system.
High-quality Bluetooth audio
The built in Bluetooth in HD3 powered speakers features aptX coding which is an advanced Bluetooth audio codec with very impressive sound. And even if your phone or tablet doesn’t have aptX, the HD3 Bluetooth solution is backwards-compatible with SBC and AAC codecs, so you can wirelessly stream music from any Bluetooth-enabled device. High-fidelity Bluetooth aptX that really works and sounds great. Here’s why:
Extended wireless range - unlike most Bluetooth implementations with very limited range, with careful signal management circuitry and antenna tuning, HD3 offers a superior solution that has up to 3 times the range of standard Bluetooth for multi-room use, with no degradation in audio quality.
24-bit DAC - The HD3 Bluetooth receiver and USB input both use the AKM AK4396A DAC, known for its low-noise and high-fidelity. The AK4396A is used as an upsampling DAC and will pad all bit depths to 24-bits, achieving a higher signal-to-noise ratio and lower noise floor. Due to the high signal-to-noise specs of the AK4396A, the fact that digital signal is upsampled to 24-bits - as well as the added benefit of onboard triple redundancy power source conversion and filtering - the HD3 Bluetooth implementation offers impressive low noise and improved low distortion characteristics compared to other Bluetooth devices.
HD3 headphone amplifier
The HD3 features a high-performance headphone amplifier based on the OPA2134 low-noise opamp. This amp is able to provide low-impedance, high-fidelity audio and a 2-volt output which can easily drive a wide range of headphones.
The amplifiers in powered Audioengine speakers are placed in the left speaker and features a conservatively-rated class A/B analog monoblock design. This is a more traditional speaker/amplifier combination that provides excellent quality audio and greater flexibility. All circuit boards for the power and preamp sections are vertically mounted for maximum mechanical shock protection.
Audioengine uses audiophile-quality, ferrofluid-cooled silk dome tweeters with neodymium magnets. Silk tweeters hold up well under high power and the edge-driven design gives very smooth response. The woofers are Kevlar woven glass aramid composite with rubber surrounds. Kevlar is very strong, so the woofer retains its shape when being driven at high levels.
The HD3 cabinets come in several beautiful finishes, including walnut and cherry veneers as well as satin black paint, offering a wide choice for complementing room decor. Also included are detachable grills that further enhances aesthetic advantages as they are firmly held in place with hidden neodymium magnets for a clean look.
|Name||Audioengine HD3 Walnut - Clearance / Open Box|
|Sub Title||Powered Speakers (Pair)|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER|
- Tech Specs
- Type : 2.0 powered multimedia speaker system
- Amplifier type : Dual analog class A/B monolithic
- Power output : 60W peak power total (15W RMS / 30W peak per channel), AES
- Drivers : 2.75" Kevlar woofers, 3/4” silk dome tweeters
- Inputs : 3.5 mm stereo mini-jack, stereo RCA, USB, Bluetooth
- Outputs : RCA variable line-out, 3.5mm mini-jack headphone out
- Mains voltages : 110-240V 50/60Hz auto-switching
- SNR : 95dB (typical A-weighted)
- THD+N : <0.05% at all power settings
- Crosstalk : <50dB
- Frequency response : 65Hz-22kHz ±2.0dB
- Freq. response w/bass reduction switch selected : 100Hz-22kHz ±2.0dB (-5dB down)
- Input impedance : 5Kohms unbalanced
- Headphone amp specifications
- Headphone amp type : OPA2134
- Full-scale headphone output level : 2.0V RMS
- Output impedance : 2 ohms
- Recommended headphone impedance range : 10 ohms to 10K ohms
- Bluetooth specifications
- Internal D/A converter : AKM AK4396A
- Input bit depth : 24-bits, upsampled
- Bluetooth receiver type : Bluetooth 4.0 audio
- Supported codecs : aptX, AAC, SBC
- Wireless operation range : Up to 100ft (30m) typical
- Input data rate : Determined by Bluetooth
- Wireless latency : ~30 milliseconds (ms)
- USB specifications & Dimensions, Weight, Materials etc.
- Connector type : Micro-USB
- USB device class : USB 1.1 or above
- Internal D/A converter : AKM AK4396A
- Input bit depth : 24-bits, upsampled
- Input data rate : 44.1KHz/48KHz
- Protection : Output current limiting, thermal over-temperature, power on/off transient protection
- Dimensions (each) : 7"(H) x 4.25"(W) x 5.5"(D)
- Weight (LEFT speaker) : 1.8Kg/4lbs
- Weight (RIGHT speaker) : 1.5Kg/3.4lbs
- Shipping weight : 4.5kg/10lbs per pair
- Shipping box dimensions : 11.6 (29.5cm)H x 11.75 (30cm)L x 8.8(22.5cm)W
- Materials and construction :
- 18mm thick MDF cabinets with real wood veneer
- 3/4" (20mm) silk dome tweeters with neodymium magnets
- 2.75" Kevlar woofers with advanced voice coils
- Power consumption:
- Idle: 10W
- Mute: 6W
- Sleep: 4W
- Environmental requirements:
- Operating temperature: 32° to 95°F
- Non-operating temperature: -4° to 113°F
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing