TANNOY Revolution XT 8F Gloss White Details
- 2½ way floorstanding loudspeaker for medium to large sized rooms
- Dual Concentric driver technology provides class-leading coherence and point-source imaging
- 8-inch Dual Concentric and 8-inch mid/bass driver deliver unrivalled musical articulation and outstanding dynamics
- Highly efficient 91 dB/Watt sensitivity and 400 Watt peak power handling deliver breath-taking dynamics and realism
- Luxury Gloss White high end cabinet finish
- Magnetic grille mounts provide a smooth and uncluttered front baffle appearance
- New Dual Omnimagnet motor delivers smoother bass performance with exceptional transient attack
- HF and LF drivers share single Omnimagnet optimising phase coherence for natural and expansive sound
- Innovative shallow Torus Ogive waveguide allows rapid wavefront expansion improving high frequency directivity
- Non-parallel trapezoidal cabinet disperses internal standing waves and reflections for low colouration
- Internal bracing provides extra cabinet rigidity for exceptionally tight and controlled bass
- Twin cavity-coupled reflex system delivers tuneful and musically coherent bass
- Down-firing angled port reduces room boundary effects and facilitates easy loudspeaker placement
- Top-adjustable floor spikes allow precise levelling of speaker cabinet
- Integral plinth provides exceptional stability
- TANNOY - 90 years of British sound heritage and innovation
- 10-Year Warranty Program
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
Audio is a powerful component of the cinematic experience; it envelopes you in the action, tugs at your emotions, and brings an unparalleled level of enjoyment to the presentation. The REVOLUTION XT 8F-GW Dual Concentric HiFi Loudspeaker brings that level of performance to your home environment in a luxurious high end gloss black finish that is as pleasing to the eye, as it is to the ear. REVOLUTION XT 8F-GW elevates your audio content to the levels envisioned by the original mastering engineer – all of which needs to be experienced in all its unabridged beauty, detail, and nuance. A truly great loudspeaker design enables the speaker system to remove itself from the soundscape, and presents the sonic experience in a manner that transports you to a higher plane. Innovation and outstanding performance – that is the REVOLUTION XT 8F-GW.
Studio Quality Audio In Your Home
The Dual Concentric driver used in the REVOLUTION XT 8F-GW provides class- leading coherence and point-source imaging for that highly sought after truly natural sound. XT 8F-GW’s 400-Watt 8-inch dual driver delivers breathtaking dynamics, powerful transient response and unparalleled realism across a wide frequency range with an almost total lack of colouration. Many of the world’s greatest hits have been recorded and mixed using TANNOY studio monitors, and listening to these speakers will turn your living room into a fully-fledged entertainment centre.
TANNOY Dual Concentric™
At the heart of the REVOLUTION XT 8F-GW’s superb performance you will find an all-new iteration of our legendary and exclusive TANNOY Dual Concentric Driver Technology. This new 8-inch Dual Concentric and 8-inch mid/bass driver offers enhanced dispersion – creating an even more uniform spread of sound around the listening environment. At the same time, the introduction of the Omnimagnet™ configuration allows the high frequency unit to be placed even closer to the acoustic centre of the low frequency unit, which further improves time alignment between the two drive units. These time coherent, point source, and constant directivity dispersion characteristics make the Dual Concentric design an accepted industry standard in studio monitoring. By exceeding the rigorous demands of the recording and mastering environment, XT 8F-GW ensures that playback performance in the home for stereo or multi-channel home cinema is strictly controlled to accurately reflect the sound engineer’s artistry.
Torus Ogive Waveguide™
In nature, all sounds emanate from a single point in space. By centrally-locating the high frequency unit of the Dual Concentric configuration, XT 8F-GW acoustically replicates the single point sound source, delivering exceptionally natural performance with an incredibly wide imaging “sweet-spot”. Delivery is further enhanced by the implementation of a highly-innovative Torus Ogive Waveguide™, which provides a broad soundstage with remarkably focused image placement.
Outstanding Components are Just the Beginning
It takes a lot more than quality materials and hand-selected drivers to build a great loudspeaker; it takes engineering experience with a deep understanding of acoustics, dedicated craftsmanship, inspiration, and a healthy dose of imagination. For example, the crossover network employed in the REVOLUTION XT 8F-GW divides the frequency spectrum into 3 channels (34 - 250 Hz, 250 Hz - 1.8 kHz, and 1.8 - 32 kHz) that have been skillfully selected to bring out the best of the separate Bass, LF and HF sections of the Dual Concentric driver, respectively – ensuring a truly natural sound.
The non-parallel trapezoidal enclosure disperses internal standing waves and reflections for virtually imperceptible colouration. Additionally, XT 8F-GW’s rock-solid twin cavity coupled reflex system boasts extensive bracing for the extreme rigidity that delivers tuneful and musically coherent low frequency performance. The downward-firing, angled reflex port helps to reduce room boundary effects and facilitates easy loudspeaker placement. Four adjustable floor spikes mounted on an integral plinth allow precise levelling of the enclosure, and help to dissipate unwanted energy that might otherwise detract from REVOLUTION XT 8F-GW’s pristine performance.
The Legacy Lives On
TANNOY’s long and storied legacy lives on in the new REVOLUTION XT 8F-GW 2½ Way Floorstanding 8-inch Dual Concentric HiFi Loudspeaker; a legacy that has endured the test of time and adapted with the evolution of technology. Whilst the bass is quite deep for the size of the enclosure relative to the driver size, the speed and leading impulse is exciting and rewarding. Vocals are a little forward, as with many monitoring speakers, allowing the nuances of the voices to be fully appreciated. The smooth transitions between the Dual Concentric and bass drivers provide amazing clarity with powerfully dynamic transient response. REVOLUTION XT 8F-GW simply has to be experienced...
|Name||TANNOY Revolution XT 8F Gloss White|
|Sub Title||Floorstanding Speaker (Single Speaker)|
|Manufacturer Part#||REVOLUTION XT 8F-GW|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
- Recommended amplifier power (Watts RMS) : 25 – 200
- Continuous power handling (Watts RMS) : 100
- Peak power handling (Watts) : 400
- Sensitivity (2.83 Volts @ 1m) : 91 dB
- Nominal Impedance (Ohms) : 8
- Frequency response (-6 dB) : 34 Hz – 32 kHz
DRIVE UNITS :
- Dual Concentric High frequency : 25 mm (1") Linear PEI dome with Torus Ogive WaveGuide and Omnimagnet technology
- Dual Concentric Low frequency : 200 mm (8") multi-fibre paper 44 mm (1.75") voice coil
- Bass Driver : 200 mm (8") multi-fibre paper pulp cone with rubber surround. 44 mm (1.75") edge wound voice coil
- Crossover Frequency : 250 Hz & 1.8 kHz
- Crossover Type : Passive low loss 2nd order low pass, 1st order high pass
- Enclosure type : Downwards ported twin cavity coupled reflex
- Volume: 48.8 l (1.72 cu. ft)
- Dimensions (H x W x D) (inc plinth) : 1080 x 317 x 345 mm (42.5 x 12.5 x 13.6")
- Net weight : 19.9 kg (43.9 lbs)
- Finish : Gloss White