Revel C208 Piano Black Details
- 3-Way Center Channel Loudspeaker
- Dual 8-in (20 cm) Aluminum Cone, Cast- frame Woofers
- 4-in (10 cm) Aluminum Cone, Cast-frame Midrange
- 1-in (2.5 cm) Aluminum Tweeter with Acoustic Lens Waveguide
- Transducers feature motor-system distortion-reduction mechanisms that stabilize the flux field during operation
- Ribbed aluminum cones achieve piston like behavior eliminating major sources of resonance
- New waveguides provide consistent sound over a wide listening area
- Enclosures created by Italian luxury cabinetmakers
- Fluid-model port designs keep distortion low
- Advanced crossovers optimize timbre accuracy both on axis and throughout the room
The Revel Performa3 center channel loudspeakers feature flexible placement options and sleek designs, allowing them to blend-in with your existing décor. They deliver an impressive combination of uncompressed dynamic range and low distortion across the entire audible spectrum.
Revel C208 low-frequency transducers and midrange transducer feature distortion reduction mechanisms that stabilize the flux field during operation, assuring low distortion even at high listening volumes. These precision transducers utilize ribbed aluminum cones for ideal piston-like behavior that eliminates a major source of resonances that are clearly audible in most other loudspeakers. Their cast aluminum frames eliminate another source of resonances that is common in many lesser-quality loudspeakers.
The C208 tweeter has been created around a newly-designed motor and dome assembly that sets a new standard of transparency for the Performa3 category. The tweeter’s integrated acoustic lens waveguide is based on a breakthrough mathematical approach that accurately matches the tweeter’s dispersion to that of the midrange transducer in the crossover region. This gives the loudspeaker very smooth sound far off-axis – an important contributor to overall sound quality, providing consistent sound over an exceptionally wide listening area. In fact, this new waveguide actually increases the tweeter’s dispersion at higher frequencies.
The C208 are housed in enclosures that are similar to our flagship Ultima2 Series. These fully-curved enclosures feature sleek curved tops and bottoms, which are inherently stiffer than conventional box shapes and are formed with contiguous wood layers that prevent splitting. They feature strategically-oriented bracing that eliminates the possibility of enclosure-induced coloration. These beautiful, modern enclosures are finished in high-gloss piano black, or genuine American walnut in a process (developed and overseen by Italian luxury cabinet makers) that exceeds automotive finish quality.
The loudspeaker grilles are designed to minimize sonic diffraction or veiling and provide a clean, subtle appearance. The magnetic grille attachment method completely eliminates ugly hardware on the loudspeaker baffle, so if you decide to use the loudspeakers without grilles they will look like they were designed to be used without grilles.
|Name||Revel C208 Piano Black|
|Sub Title||Center Channel Speaker|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
- Description: 3-way Center Channel Loudspeaker
- Crossover Frequencies (Hz): 375 Hz, 2450 kHz
- Enclosure Type: Sealed
- High-frequency Drive Components: 1" (2.5 cm) Aluminum Tweeter with Acoustic Lens Waveguide
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Input Connections: Dual Sets of Binding Posts
- Low Frequency Extension: -10dB@34Hz -6dB@41Hz -3dB@50Hz
- Low-frequency Drive Components: Dual 8" (20 cm) Aluminum Cone, Cast-frame Woofers
- Mid-frequency Drive Components: 4" (10 cm) Aluminum Cone, Cast-frame Midrange
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 50-350
- Sensitivity: 89 dB
- Weight: Net Weight: 52 lb (23 kg) Note: Optional Stand Adds 15 lb (7 kg) in Weight
- Depth: 13.8" (35 cm)
- Width: 28.9" (73.5 cm)
- Height: 11.8" (30 cm) Note: Optional stand adds 10.8" (27.5 cm) in height.