Revel M106 Piano Black Details
- 2-Way Bookshelf Monitor Loudspeaker
- 6.5-in (16.5 cm) Aluminum Cone, Cast-frame Woofer
- 1-in (2.5 cm) Aluminum Tweeter with Acoustic Lens Waveguide
- Transducers feature motor-system distortion-reduction mechanisms that stabilize the flux field during operation
- Ribbed aluminum cones achieve piston like behavior eliminating major sources of resonance
- New waveguides provide consistent sound over a wide listening area
- Enclosures created by Italian luxury cabinetmakers
- Fluid-model port designs keep distortion low
- Advanced crossovers optimize timbre accuracy both on axis and throughout the room
Revel Performa3 bookshelf loudspeakers are true full-range loudspeakers that feature small footprints and sleek designs, allowing them to blend-in easily with your existing décor. They deliver an impressive combination of wide frequency range, uncompressed dynamic range and low distortion across the entire audible spectrum.
Revel M106 low-frequency transducers feature distortion reduction mechanisms that stabilize the flux field during operation, assuring low distortion even at high listening volumes. These precision transducers utilize ribbed aluminum cones for ideal piston-like behavior that eliminates a major source of resonances that are clearly audible in most other loudspeakers. Their cast aluminum frames eliminate another source of resonances that is common in many lesser-quality loudspeakers.
These loudspeakers employ a sophisticated fluid-model designed low-frequency port with identical flares on both ends. This greatly minimizes dynamic compression and port-generated noise, assuring low-distortion low-frequency performance.
The M106 is tweeter has been created around a newly designed motor and dome assembly that sets a new standard of transparency for speakers anywhere near the Performa3’s class. The tweeter’s integrated acoustic lens waveguide is based on a breakthrough mathematical approach that accurately matches the tweeter’s dispersion to that of the low-frequency transducer in the crossover region. This gives the loudspeaker very smooth sound far off-axis – an important contributor to overall sound quality, providing consistent sound over an exceptionally wide listening area. In fact, this new waveguide actually increases the tweeter’s dispersion at higher frequencies.
The M106 is housed in enclosures that are similar to our flagship Ultima2 Series. These fully-curved enclosures are inherently stiffer than conventional box shapes and are formed with contiguous wood layers that prevent splitting. They feature strategically-oriented bracing that eliminates the possibility of enclosure-induced coloration. These beautiful, modern enclosures are finished in high-gloss piano black, high-gloss piano white or genuine American walnut in a process (developed and overseen by Italian luxury cabinet makers) that exceeds automotive finish quality.
The loudspeaker grilles are designed to minimize sonic diffraction or veiling and provide a clean, subtle appearance. The magnetic grille attachment method completely eliminates ugly hardware on the loudspeaker baffle, so if you decide to use the loudspeakers without grilles they will look like they were designed to be used without grilles.
|Name||Revel M106 Piano Black|
|Sub Title||Bookshelf Speaker|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
- Description: 2-Way Bookshelf Monitor Loudspeaker
- Crossover Frequencies (Hz): 2.3 kHz
- Enclosure Type: Bass-reflex via Rear-firing Port
- High-frequency Drive Components: 1" (2.5 cm) Aluminum Tweeter with Acoustic Lens Waveguide
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Input Connections: Binding Posts
- Low Frequency Extension: 10dB@39Hz -6dB@54Hz -3dB@59Hz
- Low-frequency Drive Components: Dual 6.5" (16.5 cm) Aluminum Cone, Cast-frame Woofers
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 50-150
- Sensitivity: 87 dB
- Weight: Net Weight: 19 lb (8 kg) Note: Optional Stand Adds 8 lb (4 kg)
- Depth: 11" (27.8 cm)
- Width: 8.3" (21 cm)
- Height: 15" (38.1 cm) Note: Optional Stand Adds 25" (63.5 cm)