McIntosh MC275 Details
- Features tauter bass control and thermally quiet circuit design
- McIntosh patented, gold plated, speaker binding posts
- High quality balanced and unbalanced input connectors
- The seven small tubes are LED illuminated to indicate the amplifier’s functional status
- Power Control is used to remotely control tube illumination from a McIntosh preamplifier
The MC275 tube power amplifier has all the qualities that have made it the most revered McIntosh tube amplifier. This sixth generation MC275 has many subtle enhancements from the previous release that greatly improve the performance. Combined with the widest bandwidth McIntosh output transformer design, the MC275 features tauter bass control and thermally quiet circuit design to deliver pure music.
The MC275 also features McIntosh patented, gold plated, speaker binding posts to assure the best connection to all speaker cables, while high quality balanced and unbalanced input connectors enhance signal transfer from the connected preamplifier.
The seven small tubes are LED illuminated to indicate the amplifiers functional status: upon power up, they sequentially glow amber for a few seconds and then all turn green to signify system readiness. In the rare case of an output tube failure, the small tubes in front of it will turn red to notify you of the problem. Power Control is used to remotely control tube illumination from a McIntosh preamplifier.
The All Tube Circuit Design allows only the tubes to amplify the input signal, for the best tune amp listening experience.
The High-Speed Sentry Monitor protection circuitry shuts down the amplifier in case of a rare tube malfunction before additional damage can occur. The small tubes closest to the defective output tube set will illuminate Red indicating which pair of output tubes need replacing. If speaker wires are inadvertently shorted, Sentry Monitor will shut the amp off and the power LED on the input side of the amp will flash. Once the speaker wires are corrected, the amplifier will power back up.
There are seven small tubes to sequentially warm up with an intense amber hue until the amplifier reaches operational stability, causing the tubes’ illumination to change to green. When the small tubes are green, voltages are stabilized and the amplifier is ready.
MC275 is designed to use as a single chassis 150 watt mono power amplifier. A Gold Platted mono speaker jumper is included to connect the two channels together for monophonic use when high power is needed for larger speakers or higher playback volumes.
ListenUp has the only factory-authorized McIntosh service center in the Denver metro area.
|Sub Title||2-Channel Vacuum Tube Amplifier|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - IN STORE ONLY|
- POWER OUTPUT PER CHANNEL : 75W @ 4, 8 or 16 Ohms
- NUMBER OF CHANNELS : 2
- TOTAL HARMONIC DISTORTION : 0.5%
- S/N BELOW RATED OUTPUT : 105dB
- DYNAMIC HEADROOM : 1.2dB
- DAMPING FACTOR : >22
- RATED POWER BAND : 20Hz to 20kHz
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE :
- +0, -0.5dB from 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- +0, -3.0dB from 10Hz to 100,000Hz
- REMOTE POWER CONTROL : Yes, input and output
- MULTI-CHANNEL DB25 CABLE : N/A
- CIRCUIT CONFIGURATION : Unity Coupled
- CIRCUIT DESIGN : Vacuum Tube
- MONO BRIDGE : No
- MONO PARALLEL : Yes, 150W @ 2, 4 or 8 Ohms
- AUTOFORMER : Output Transformer
- METERS : No
- METER LIGHT SWITCH : Small signal tubes LEDs controlled by McIntosh preamp
- BALANCED INPUT : Yes
- FRONT PANEL : N/A
- ILLUMINATION : Small Signal Tubes, LED
- CHASSIS STYLE : Polished Stainless Steel
- GOLD PLATED BINDING POSTS : Yes, New Style McIntosh
WEIGHTS & DIMENSIONS
- DIMENSIONS (W x H x D) : 21-1/2" (54.6cm) (including cables) x 8-1/2" (21.6cm) (including feet) x 12" (30.5cm)
- WEIGHT : 67 lbs (30.5 kg)
- SHIPPING WEIGHT : 75 lbs (34.1 kg)