SVS Ultra Bookshelf - Black Oak Details
Ultra Bookshelf (Black Oak): Designed for the Discriminating Audiophile
- Bookshelf Loudspeaker
- Real black oak veneer, piano gloss black, and gloss white finish options
- Dual gold-plated 5-way binding posts
- 1.7 inch wide-flared rear-firing port
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system
- Elastomer stick-on bumper feet (adds 3mm to height)
- 2-way crossover with premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards
- Crossover frequency and slopes optimized for excellent off-axis polar response, outstanding phase coherency, and total radiated sound power
- Tweeter-to-woofer crossover: 2 kHz
- Acoustically transparent and FEA optimized grilles, wedge-shaped front baffle and flush-mounted drivers all contribute to reduced edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response
- FEA-optimized bracing reduces cabinet resonances
The SVS Ultra series loudspeakers were designed for audio enthusiasts, by audio enthusiasts with over fifty years combined experience in the high-end audio arena. The SVS Ultra series delivers a deep, detailed soundstage with incredible resolution, absolute transparency, and amazingly rich and articulated bass, outperforming speakers two and three times their price.
Drawing design cues from the magnificent flagship Ultra Tower, the Ultra Bookshelf is beautifully styled with a swept back profile and striking edge treatments. Available in premium-grade piano gloss black and real black oak veneer finishes, the Ultra bookshelf looks stunning and will complement any upscale décor. The Ultra Bookshelf also lives up to the esteemed legacy of Reference-grade bookshelf monitors. This emotionally involving monitor delivers precise imaging, an amazingly coherent and deep soundstage, a wonderfully rich and compelling tonal balance and surprisingly deep and dynamic bass. The Ultra Bookshelf immediately takes a place amongst the most highly-regarded 2-way monitors on the market.
The Ultra Bookshelf cabinet design offers numerous sonic benefits. The non-parallel cabinet panels reduce standing waves within the cabinet, effectively eliminating frequency response coloration. The wedge-shaped front baffle and flush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response. Moreover, the grille design is FEA-optimized to maximize acoustic transparency.
SVS DRIVERS: EXTREME PERFORMANCE AND UNCOMPROMISED FIDELITY
The proprietary SVS drivers utilize the finest materials and design features to deliver the highest sound quality and performance. The Ultra Bookshelf driver array features a 1-inch aluminum dome tweeter and a 6.5" woofer which delivers scintillating midrange detail combined with remarkable bass response.
SOUNDMATCH CROSSOVER: INTELLIGENTLY DESIGNED FOR YOUR LIVING ROOM
The SoundMatch 2-way crossover is designed with premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards to ensure pure signal transmission. Careful selection of the crossover frequency and slopes results in a smooth off-axis polar response, outstanding phase coherency and enhanced radiation of total sound power with a generous sweet spot and stable sound stage.
|Name||SVS Ultra Bookshelf - Black Oak|
|Sub Title||Bookshelf Speaker Pair|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
FREQUENCY RESPONSE / ACOUSTIC DATA
- Rated bandwidth: 45 Hz-32 kHz (+/-3 dB)
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity: 87 dB (2.83V @ 1 meter full-space, 300-3kHz)
- Recommended amplifier power: 20-150 watts
- Cabinet Dimensions: 15" (H) X 8.5" (W) X 10.6" (D) (without grille)
- Overall Dimensions: 15" (H) X 8.5" (W) X 10.9" (D) (with grille)
- Shipped Dimensions: 24" (H) X 20" (W) X 14" (D)
- Weight: 19 pounds
- Shipped Weight: 42 pounds
- 1" Aluminum Dome Tweeter:
- FEA-optimized diffuser for airy and unveiled presentation
- Aluminum dome delivers exceptional transient response and exceptional stiffness/mass ratio
- 6.5" Woofer:
- Composite glass-fiber cone with excellent stiffness/mass ratio for high sensitivity and pistonic behavior beyond pass band
- Aluminum shorting rings to reduce gap inductance and lower distortion
- Long stroke motor and suspension for high output
- Vented voice coil formers to minimize air compression artifacts at high drive levels