McIntosh MC301 Details
McIntosh MC301 Power Amplifier: Compact yet powerful McIntosh amplification
- 1-Channel Amplifier
- 300 Watt Quad Balanced Monoblock
- Space saving 6" tall chassis
- Perfect for smaller systems where higher power output levels are not needed
- Each speaker has its own dedicated amp, which guarantees maximum channel separation and audio fidelity
- McIntosh output Autoformers ensure every speaker receives full power regardless of its impedance
- Power Guard® to prevent clipping that could damage your speakers
The MC301 monoblock amplifier delivers 300 watts of power into a single channel at 2, 4 or 8 ohms. Both balanced and unbalanced inputs are included for connecting your preamp, along with balanced and unbalanced outputs for ease of connecting bi-amp configurations. The monoblock design of McIntosh MC301 is the ultimate in system configuration as each speaker has its own dedicated amp which guarantees maximum channel separation and audio fidelity.
“This is so definitely McIntosh, with goose bumps guaranteed!” - Stereo+
The MC301 is physically smaller than our other amplifiers thanks to its space saving 6" tall chassis, but it’s still full of all the technology McIntosh is known for and will perform to the same high standards as any of our amps. The McIntosh output Autoformer ensures every speaker receives full power regardless of its impedance. With the Quad Balanced design, any noise is cancelled inside the Autoformer, yielding the highest power with the least amount of distortion. The unique Power Guard® circuitry from McIntosh prevents harsh sounding clipping that could damage your speakers. Your speaker cables will be securely connected to the amp with patented speaker binding posts.
“Has plenty of grip available but little or no sense of the edginess that can often accompany serious power... If you’re looking to indulge in your music instead of the sound it makes, then the C52 and MC301 are ‘strongly recommended.’” - Hi-Fi+
The MC301 is completed by the classic McIntosh black glass front panel, silver end caps and a large, easy to read blue watt meter that is globally recognized as a symbol of quality audio. You will certainly impress your friends and family with the legendary performance only McIntosh can deliver by adding the MC301 to your audio system.
Exclusive McIntosh Power Assurance System
A collection of technologies that enhance performance and reliability while protecting the amplifier and loudspeakers.
A waveform comparison circuit continuously monitors both input and output signals. The Power Guard dynamically adjusts the input level to avoid clipping while preventing harsh sounding distortion.
Fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit that disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating level-resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal.
Unique McIntosh technology which delivers the full rated amplifier output with the least possible distortion into loudspeaker impedances of 2, 4, or 8 Ohms; you get all the power you paid for and will be able to choose any loudspeaker.
Swift, accurate response reveals program peaks to make staying within the power limits of your loudspeakers is easy.
ListenUp has the only factory-authorized McIntosh service center in the Denver metro area.
|Sub Title||Monoblock Power Amplifier|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
ELECTRONIC SPECIFICATIONS :
- POWER OUTPUT PER CHANNEL: 300W @ 2, 4 or 8 Ohms
- NUMBER OF CHANNELS: 1
- TOTAL HARMONIC DISTORTION: 0.005%
- S/N BELOW RATED OUTPUT:
- 120dB Balanced
- 118dB Unbalanced
- DYNAMIC HEADROOM: 2.0dB
- DAMPING FACTOR: > 40 Wideband
- RATED POWER BAND: 20Hz to 20kHz
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE:
- +0, -0.25dB from 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- +0, -3dB from 10Hz to 100,000Hz
- REMOTE POWER CONTROL: Yes
- MULTI-CHANNEL DB25 CABLE: No
GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS :
- CIRCUIT CONFIGURATION: Push-Pull Complementary
- CIRCUIT DESIGN: Transistor
- MONO BRIDGE: N/A
- MONO PARALLEL: N/A
- AUTOFORMER: Yes
- METERS: Yes
- METER LIGHT SWITCH: Yes
- BALANCED INPUT: Yes
- FRONT PANEL: Glass
- ILLUMINATION: LED Fiber Optic
- CHASSIS STYLE: Enclosed Steel
- GOLD PLATED BINDING POSTS: Yes, New Style McIntosh
WEIGHTS & DIMENSIONS :
- DIMENSIONS (W x H x D): 17-1/2" (44.45cm) x 6" (15.24cm) (including feet) x 21" (50.8cm) (including front panel and cables)
- WEIGHT: 67 lbs (30.4 kg)
- SHIPPING WEIGHT: 77 lbs (34.9 kg)