McIntosh MC205 Details
McIntosh MC205 Power Amplifier: McIntosh five channel Theater Power House
- 200 watts for each of the five channels
- Balanced and Unbalanced inputs
- Exclusive McIntosh Power Assurance System
- Power Guard
- Sentry Monitor
- Dynamic Power Manager (DPM)™
- Massively over built amplifier design does not require cooling fans so the most subtle film soundtracks are not masked by common amplifier fan noise
- Precision McIntosh Power Watt Meters allow monitoring of the primary front sound stage while clever engineering matches the output of MC205 with all speaker types
The MC205 is a powerful amplifier conservatively rated 200 watts for each of the five channels. It delivers all the explosive dynamics that high-performance home theater systems require by delivering 200 watts of power to each of the 5 individual channels generally used in many home theaters. The exclusive Dynamic Power Manager® (DPM) technology from McIntosh enables it to deliver full power into 4 and 8 ohm speakers - making the MC205 a perfect choice for a wide variety of home theater speakers. It can also be used as a two zone amplifier with three channels operating one zone and the remaining two channels assigned to a second zone.
The MC205 does not need cooling fans so even the most subtle soundtracks are not masked by fan noise. It features many notable technologies including Power Guard® and Sentry Monitor™. Inputs for balanced and unbalanced cables are available to provide flexibility in connecting the MC205 to your system or home theater processor. A bank of three blue watt meters provides instant recognition of power output of the front channels (the meters may be switched off if they conflict with the television or movie screen).
The MC205 could be combined with a stereo amplifier to complete a five channel home theater plus two channel remote zone. The classic black glass front panel and custom machined end caps allow the MC205 to blend in easily with any surrounding.
Exclusive McIntosh Power Assurance System
A collection of technologies that enhance performance and reliability while protecting the amplifier and loudspeakers.
A waveform comparison circuit continuously monitors both input and output signals. The Power Guard dynamically adjusts the input level to avoid clipping while preventing harsh sounding distortion.
Fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit that disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating level-resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal.
Dynamic Power Manager (DPM)™
By matching the characteristics of the output stage to 4 or 8 Ohm loudspeakers DPM insures the most efficient power transfer, reduces distortion, and promotes cool operation.
Swift, accurate response reveals program peaks so staying within the power limits of your loudspeakers is easy.
ListenUp has the only factory-authorized McIntosh service center in the Denver metro area.
|Sub Title||Power Amplifier|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - IN STORE ONLY|
- POWER OUTPUT PER CHANNEL: 200W @ 4 or 8 Ohms
- NUMBER OF CHANNELS: 5 (can also be used as a 2-zone amplifier with 3 channels in zone A and 2 channels in zone B)
- TOTAL HARMONIC DISTORTION: 0.005%
- S/N BELOW RATED OUTPUT: 112dB
- DYNAMIC HEADROOM: 1.7dB
- DAMPING FACTOR: > 140
- RATED POWER BAND: 20Hz to 20kHz
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE:
- +0, -0.25dB from 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- +0, -3dB from 10Hz to 100,000Hz
- REMOTE POWER CONTROL: Yes, 5 or 3 + 2 Channel
- MULTI-CHANNEL DB25 CABLE: Yes
- CIRCUIT CONFIGURATION: Push-Pull Complementary
- CIRCUIT DESIGN: Transistor
- MONO BRIDGE: No
- MONO PARALLEL: No
- AUTOFORMER: No
- METERS: Yes
- METER LIGHT SWITCH: Yes
- BALANCED INPUT: Yes
- FRONT PANEL: Glass
- ILLUMINATION: LED Fiber Optic
- CHASSIS STYLE: Inverted
- GOLD PLATED BINDING POSTS: Yes
WEIGHTS & DIMENSIONS:
- DIMENSIONS (W X H X D): 17-1/2" (44.45cm) x 9-7/16" (23.97cm) (including feet) x 21" (53.3cm) (including the front panel and cables)
- WEIGHT: 81 lbs (44.2 kg)
- SHIPPING WEIGHT: 114 lbs (51.8 kg)