Podspeakers The Drop Black Details
Podspeakers - The Drop Loudspeakers
- 2-way, Closed box speakers
- Can be used with Hi-Fi stereo, AV-Home Theatre systems
- Includes rubber feet
- Can be wall mounted with the optional wall bracket
- Tweeter and woofer drive units are magnetically shielded
The Drop is ideal for you, if you wish to make a statement both in appearance and performance. The Drop is the pair of Podspeakers speakers that you can hang from the ceiling. They’re a style statement and space-saver in one. If you love The Drop’s looks, but not the thought of suspended speakers, you can also pop on their feet and bring them down to earth. Or desk. Or shelf. How Versatile!
All this flexibility of ‘The Drop’ comes without missing a musical beat – wherever you choose to enjoy them, The Drop speakers share the same sonic excellence as our latest MiniPod designs. With the totally sealed (or infinite baffle) design, The Drop features a cabinet that is formed from ABS plastic, giving the speaker a ridged and tough enclosure. The resulting performance is a fast and agile sound that engages and grips the listener to the core.
For best results, The Drop should be used with the tweeters approximately at ear level when seated. Wall mounting is optional and offers opportunity for optimizing the sound through selecting the height and angle of the loudspeaker position. If you place the loudspeakers on a shelf or furniture unit, the enclosed feet or spikes should be attached for protection from unwanted resonances and from scratches.
Variations in placement of The Drop can produce significant differences in the way the music sounds. Not all listening rooms are the same and therefore you are encouraged to spend some time experimenting with which placements work best in your listening room. - Trust your ears and be willing to experiment freely, you are bound to achieve the best results.
Home Theatre Systems
The Drop can be used as front channels in a surround sound home theatre system. Positioning the front loudspeakers within approximately 1 metre of the sides of your TV will generate the best sound image in scale with the visual image. The height of The Drop should ideally be between the centre and top of the TV screen. If the loudspeakers are to be used for reproducing the surround channels in a multi channel home theatre system, we recommend that you place them as illustrated in the manual depending on the number of channels.
The Drop tweeter and woofer drive units are magnetically shielded in order to ensure that the magnetic field outside the cabinet, except the front, is too low to cause distortion of the TV picture. You can place The Drop as close to the TV screen as possible without causing visual interference or electromagnetic interference.
|Name||Podspeakers The Drop Black|
|Sub Title||Speakers for Stereo and Surround (Pair)|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
- Colours:White, Black, Matt black, Red
- System: 2-way, closed box
- Applications: Hi-Fi stereo, AV-Home Theatre systems
- Amplifier requirement: 10 - 100 watt at 8 Ω
- Nominal impedance: 4 Ω
- Frequency Response: 50-22.000 Hz (± 3dB)
- Sensitivity: 89dB spl (2.83V / 1m)
- Drive Units: 1 x 5" (125 mm) woofer, Kevlar™ cone, 1 x 1" (25 mm) soft dome tweeter
- Weight: 5 lb / 2.3 kg per piece (Without spikes)
- Width: 215 mm.
- Height: 437 mm (including rubber feet).
- Depth: 170mm.
- Accessories: Wallbrackets, Ceiling bracket ( incl. 2 x 5m cable), Aluminum spikes (rubber feet included)