Revel C205 Piano Black Details
- New waveguides provide consistent sound over a wide listening area
- Transducers feature motor-system distortion-reduction mechanisms that stabilize the flux field during operation
- Ribbed aluminum cones achieve piston like behavior eliminating major sources of resonance
- Fluid-model port designs keep distortion low
- Advanced crossovers optimize timbre accuracy both on axis and throughout the room
- Enclosures created by Italian luxury cabinetmakers
The Performa3 center channel loudspeakers offer flexible placement options and sleek designs which allow them to blend-in with your existing décor. They deliver an impressive combination of uncompressed dynamic range and low distortion across the entire audible spectrum.
Revel C205 low-frequency transducers and midrange transducer feature distortion reduction mechanisms to stabilize the flux field during operation, assuring low distortion even at high listening volumes. These precision transducers utilize ribbed aluminum cones for ideal piston-like behavior that eliminates a major source of resonances that are clearly audible in most other loudspeakers. Their cast aluminum frames are designed to eliminate another source of resonances that is common in many lesser-quality loudspeakers.
The C205 tweeter has been developed around a newly-designed motor and dome assembly that sets a new standard of transparency for the Performa3 category. The tweeter’s integrated acoustic lens waveguide is based on a breakthrough mathematical approach that accurately matches the tweeter’s dispersion to that of the midrange transducer in the crossover region. This gives the loudspeaker very smooth sound far off-axis – an important contributor to overall sound quality, providing consistent sound over an exceptionally wide listening area. In fact, this new waveguide actually increases the tweeter’s dispersion at higher frequencies.
The C205 are placed in enclosures that are similar to our flagship Ultima2 Series. These fully-curved enclosures feature sleek curved tops and bottoms, which are inherently stiffer than conventional box shapes and are formed with contiguous wood layers that prevent splitting. They feature strategically-oriented bracing that eliminates the possibility of enclosure-induced coloration. These beautiful, modern enclosures are finished in high-gloss piano black, high-gloss piano white or genuine American walnut in a process (developed and overseen by Italian luxury cabinet makers) that exceeds automotive finish quality.
The loudspeaker grilles minimize sonic diffraction or veiling and provide a clean, subtle appearance. The magnetic grille attachment method completely eliminates ugly hardware on the loudspeaker baffle, so if you want to use the loudspeakers without grilles they will look like they were designed to be used without grilles.
|Name||Revel C205 Piano Black|
|Sub Title||2-Way Center Channel Loudspeaker|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
- Description: 3-way Center Channel Loudspeaker
- Crossover Frequencies (Hz) : 1.7 kHz
- Enclosure Type: Sealed
- High-frequency Drive Components: 1" (2.5 cm) Aluminum Tweeter with Acoustic Lens Waveguide
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Input Connections: Binding Posts
- Low Frequency Extension: -10dB@46Hz -6dB@62Hz -3dB@80Hz
- Low-frequency Drive Components: Dual 5.25” (13.3 cm) Aluminum Cone, Cast-frame Woofers
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 50-120
- Sensitivity (2.83V @ 1m) : 89dB
- Weight: Net Weight: 26 lb (12 kg) Note: Optional stand adds 15 lb (7 kg) to the weight.
- Height: 7.9" (20 cm) Note: Optional stand adds 10.8" (27.5 cm) to the height.
- Width: 21" (53.2 cm)
- Depth: 11.5" (29.2 cm)
- Finishes: Piano Black, Piano White, or High Gloss Walnut