B&W CM8 S2 Details
B&W CM8 S2: Intelligent, compact design that allows you to immerse yourself in dynamic sound
- Features a Decoupled Double Dome tweeter for increased rigidity and distortion-free sound
- Fits into most spaces with a cabinet width of 6 1/2"
- Removeable grille for versatile sound and style
- Improved crossover and frequency response due to Kevlar bass drive units and an FST midrange
- Minimalistic, practical design
- Disperses sound in a more than 60° horizontal arc and more than 10° vertical arc for spacious audio
The B&W CM8 S2 floorstanding speaker is an improvement upon the already impressive CM8. The CM8 S2 is sleek and slim allowing it to slip into any room or sound system. The cabinet is just 6 1/2" wide, yet it delivers powerful sonic performance while still maintaining it's minimalistic, stylish design. Remove the grille to achieve a different audio experience and an often times preferred aesthetic. Featuring three Kevlar drivers and a Decoupled Double Dome tweeter the CM8 S2 delivers precise sound due more tweeter rigidity.
The CM8 S2's compact size is thanks to it's intelligent design; the use of two 5.1" Kevlar bass drive units combined with a 5.1" Kevlar FST midrange. The FST driver uses "surroundless" suspension to improve crossover with the tweeter, give a faster response and improve accuracy through the midrange.
Although the CM8 S2 accomplishes both a compact size and powerful sound, it's design purpose is not just to deliver big sound from a small speaker. The highly acclaimed Decoupled Double Dome Tweeter produces uninterrupted sound, and when paired with an FST midrange the result is natural, vibration-free sound and a precise response.
|Name||B&W CM8 S2|
|Sub Title||Floorstanding Speaker (Single Speaker)|
|Manufacturer||Bowers & Wilkins|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - IN STORE ONLY|
- Frequency Range: -6dB at 43Hz and 50kHz
- Frequency Response: 48Hz - 28kHz ±3dB
- Dispersion: Within 2dB of reference response
Horizontal: over 60º arc
Vertical: over 10º arc
- Sensitivity: 88dB spl (2.83V, 1m)
- Harmonic distortion: 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m)
<1% 100Hz - 22kHz
<0.5% 300Hz - 20kHz
- Nominal impedance: 8Ω (minimum 3.1Ω)
- Crossover frequencies: 350Hz, 4kHz
- Recommended amplifier power: 30W - 150W into 8V on unclipped programme
- Max. recommended cable impedance: 0,1 Ω
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 36.4" x 6.5" x 10.9"
- Weight: 43 lb
- Finishes: Rosenut, Gloss Black, Satin White