B&W CM6 S2 Details
B&W CM6 S2: Affordability meets powerful, high-quality audio to create an iconic design and an overall unforgettable speaker
- A reinforced enclosed tweeter, reducing vibration for stunning clarity
- Tweeter On-Top, Double Decoupled Technology producing authentic, full sound
- Bi-amp capability giving additional flexibility and control
- Simple Setup
- A 6.5" Kevlar mid/bass driver creating sleek aesthetics and improving sound quality
Introducing B&W's most powerful and precise compact speaker in the CM series - The CM6 S2 bookshelf/standmount speaker. The CM6 S2 is the only speaker in this series which has an enclosed, reinforced tweeter resting on top of the cabinet. Not only is this design eye catching, but by separating the tweeter from the cabinet it aids in imaging and dispersion producing a luxurious, room-filling sound from a compact speaker. Despite the size of the CM6 S2, it is extremely versatile. It compliments any space; it can be the center piece of your sound system, or tucked away near a wall or on a shelf. The result is the same: a high performance speaker that produces spacious, authentic sound.
Not only is the iconic on-top tweeter physically separated from the cabinet, it also uses B&W's Double Dome construction. By adding an extra aluminum ring it reinforces the rear of the main tweeter diaphragm, improving tweeter rigidity. The result is vibration-free sound enhancing tonal purity and clarity.
Like the rest of the B&W CM S2 series, the CM6 S2 is an upgrade of it's predecessor, down to the very smallest detail. The internal components have been updated and tweaked to feature B&W's most cutting edge technology in a well thought out design. Externally, subtle tweaks in design feature improvements as well, with cabinet fixing screws there isn't a screw in sight for a sleeker, cleaner look. The option of three stunning finishes is further proof of it's flexibility too - match any room or living space in both style and sound.
|Name||B&W CM6 S2|
|Sub Title||Bookshelf Speaker (Single Speaker)|
|Manufacturer||Bowers & Wilkins|
|Special price displayed in cart only||N/A|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - IN STORE ONLY|
- Frequency range: -6dB at 45Hz and 50kHz
- Frequency response: 50Hz - 28kHz ±3dB
- Dispersion: Within 2dB of reference response
Horizontal: over 60º arc
Vertical: over 10º arc
- Sensitivity: 88dB spl (2.83V, 1m)
- Harmonic distortion: 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m)
<1% 100Hz - 22kHz
<0.5% 150Hz - 20kHz
- Nominal impedance: 8Ω (minimum 3.7Ω)
- Crossover frequencies 4kHz
- Recommended amplifier power: 30W - 120W into 8V on unclipped programme
- Max. recommended cable impedance: 0,1 Ω
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 13.4" x 15.9" x 11.9"
- Weight: 19.6 lb
- Finishes: Gloss Black, Rosenut, Satin White