B&W CM5 S2 Details
- Decoupled Double Dome Tweeter
- 6 1/2" Kevlar cone bass/midrange driver
- Versatile as a stand-mounted speaker or bookshelf speaker
- Compact in size, big in sound, beautiful by design
- New stand for improved damping
The CM5 S2 features improvements upon it's predecessor, the B&W CM5, both in sound and aesthetics. B&W's newest top of the line bookshelf speaker now has the legendary Decoupled Double Dome Tweeter, which is where the tweeter sits in a gel-filled cavity, decoupled from the surrounding cabinet, allowing for maximum tweeter rigidity. This speaker also has a 6 1/2" (165mm) Kevlar cone bass/midrange driver with an Anti-Resonance Plug dustcap. The result of this innovative technology, mostly taken from B&W's CM10, is precision and power from a compact bookshelf speaker.
Every aspect of the CM5 S2 has been improved upon, no detail has gone overlooked. Even the CM series stand has been re-imagined and redesigned. The new FS-CM S2 now features integrated cable management and is designed to be filled with sand, improving damping. In addition to the Decoupled Double Dome Tweeter and Kevlar cone is an updated internal wiring, a Mundorf capacitator in the crossover and a nickel-plated terminal tray, all of which help the CM5 S2 deliver spacious, authentic audio.
|Name||B&W CM5 S2|
|Sub Title||Bookshelf/Standmounted Speaker (Single Speaker)|
|Manufacturer||Bowers & Wilkins|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - IN STORE ONLY|
- Drive units: 1x ø25mm (1 in) Decoupled Double Dome aluminium high-frequency 1x ø165mm (6.5 in) woven Kevlar® cone bass / midrange
- Frequency range: -6dB at 45Hz and 50kHz
- Frequency response: 50Hz - 28kHz ±3dB
- Dispersion: Within 2dB of reference response Horizontal: over 60º arc Vertical: over 10º arc
- Sensitivity: 88dB spl (2.83V, 1m)
- Harmonic distortion: 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m) <1% 100Hz - 22kHz <0.5% 150Hz - 20kHz
- Nominal impedance: 8Ω (minimum 3.7Ω)
- Crossover frequencies: 4kHz
- Recommended amplifier power: 30W - 120W into 8V on unclipped programme
- Max. recommended cable impedance: 0,1 Ω
- Dimensions (H x W x L): 13.4" x 7.8" x 11.9"
- Net weight: 8.9kg (19.6 lb)