B&W CM Centre S2 Details
B&W CM Centre S2: Movie-theater quality audio at home
- 89dB sensitivity (2.83V, 1m) for powerful audio
- High frequency clarity, ideal for home-theater systems
- Decoupled Double Dome tweeter produces distortion-free sound
- Symmetrical 130mm Kevlar midrange drivers
- Anti-Resonance Dust plugs for higher sensitivity and a smooth response
The B&W CM series doesn't only make music sound beautiful, it makes cinema sound superb as well. The CM Centre S2 is an ideal home-theater speaker for all but the largest of cinema rooms.
The CM Centre S2 has similar enhancements to the rest of the CM S2 series. High inside the cabinet is a 25mm Decoupled Double Dome tweeter, improving tweeter rigidity, producing resonance-free sound and sparkling high frequency clarity, a perfect feature for picking out dialogue and sound in movies stunningly.
On top of an improved tweeter, the CM Centre S2 also combines two 130mm Kevlar midrange drivers in a symmetrical design for even sound, as well as Anti-Resonance Dust Plugs for smoother response and increased sensitivity.
The CM Centre S2 closely matches the CM Series in design as well as showcases the general simplistic beauty of the series. This means new improvements such as new magnetic protective tweeter grille designs and availability in multiple finishes, to match other CM S2 speakers, for a complete B&W sound system.
|Name||B&W CM Centre S2|
|Sub Title||Single Center Channel Speaker|
|Manufacturer||Bowers & Wilkins|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - IN STORE ONLY|
- Description: 2-way vented-box system
- Drive units: 1x ø25mm (1 in) Decoupled Double Dome aluminium high-frequency
2x ø130mm (5 in) woven Kevlar® cone bass/ midrange
- Frequency range: -6dB at 48Hz and 50kHz
- Frequency response: 70Hz - 28kHz ±3dB
- Dispersion: Within 2dB of reference response
- Horizontal: over 60º arc
- Vertical: over 10º arc
- Sensitivity: 87dB spl (2.83V, 1m)
- Harmonic distortion: 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m) <1% 100Hz - 22kHz <0.5% 200Hz - 22kHz
- Nominal impedance: 8Ω (minimum 4.3Ω)
- Crossover frequencies: 4kHz
- Recommended amplifier power: 30W - 120W into 8V on unclipped programme
- Max. recommended cable impedance: 0,1 Ω
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 6.9" x 18.9" x 10.2" (10.8" including grille and terminals)
- Net weight: 25.3 lb