B&W 802 D3 - Gloss Black Details
Bowers & Wilkins 802 D3 (Gloss Black): The reinvented 800 Diamond Series!
- Diamond tweeter
- Continuum cone FST
- Anti-resonance plug
- Turbine head
- Aerofoil cone bass units
- Optimized Matrix
- Solid body tweeter
— Audio Beat
The 802 D3 features the very latest Bowers & Wilkins speaker technologies, from their massive Turbine Head to the reinvented Matrix bracing, combine to superb effect to deliver staggeringly real sound.
If you're looking for stunning realism without the studio sized footprint, the 802 D3 is your answer. The slim proportions make it a comfortable fit for domestic spaces as well as recording environments. At home or in the studio, it will reveal depth and detail in music you never even knew existed.
Hear small details in a big way
Mounted atop the main enclosure, the Diamond dome tweeter in its solid aluminum housing delivers space, ambience and precise soundstage imaging.
Less resonance, more dispersion
The Turbine Head's massive midrange housing is carefully shaped and inert, ensuring voices and instruments are delivered with extreme purity.
Truly amazing sound
Voices and instruments are delivered with purity and precision, thanks to the smooth, accurate Continuum cone midrange driver.
Nimble and powerful
Solid, dramatic bass is delivered through the rigidity and lightness of the uniquely-shaped, variable thickness Aerofoil cone.
Braced for impact
Unwanted resonances can blunt the punch of the sound: advanced Matrix bracing keeps the cabinet ultra-rigid and damps out superfluous vibrations.
Perfect sound is about moving air, not the speakers: a stable plinth makes for easy positioning, then keeps it rock-solid for listening.
|Name||B&W 802 D3 - Gloss Black|
|Sub Title||Floorstanding Speaker (Single Speaker)|
|Manufacturer||Bowers & Wilkins|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - IN STORE ONLY|
- Description: 3-way vented-box system
- Drive units:
- 1x ø25mm (1 in) Diamond dome high-frequency
- 1x ø150mm (6 in) Continuum™ cone FST™ midrange
- 2x ø200mm (8 in) Aerofoil™ cone bass units
- Frequency range: 14Hz to 35kHz
- Frequency response (+/-3dB from reference axis): 17Hz to 28kHz
- Sensitivity (1m on axis at 2.83Vrms): 90dB
- Harmonic distortion:
- 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m on axis)
- <1 % 80Hz - 20kHz
- <0.3% 110Hz - 20kHz
- Nominal impedance (min): 8 Ω (minimum 3.0 Ω)
- Recommended amplifier power: 50W - 500W into 8 Ω on unclipped programme
- Max. recommended cable impedance: 0.1 Ω
- Height: 1212 mm (47.7 in)
- Width: 390 mm (15.4 in)
- Depth: 583 mm (23 in)
- Net weight: 94.5 kg (208 lbs)
- Cabinet Finish: Gloss Black
- Grille Finish: Black