B&W 603 Black Details
Bowers & Wilkins 603 (Black) Three-Way Floorstanding Speaker
- 3-way vented-box system
- 1-inch Decoupled Double Dome aluminium tweeter
- 6-inch Continuum cone FST™ midrange
- 6.5-inch Paper / Kevlar bass cones
- Power handling 120W
The 603 floorstanding speaker in the new 600 Series from Bowers & Wilkins brings pristine sound to your home. The flagship 603 speaker features B&W's award-winning Continuum cone technology, which creates a pure and precise soundscape. Developed over an eight-year period and first featured on the flagship 800 Series Diamond models, the Continuum cone has been integrated into the sixth generation of the critically acclaimed 603 to transform the performance you expect from an entry-level speaker. The 603 features the proven Decoupled Double Dome tweeter, with a re-engineered assembly for better performance. The improved B&W paper bass cones combine effortless power and endless low-end with the precision and low-distortion accuracy you’d expect from Bowers & Wilkins.
But the new 603 speaker isn’t just about cleaner sound – it boasts a cleaner look, too. The grille pegs have been removed and replaced with magnets, while moving the port to the rear cabinet, creating a modern and premium aesthetic, wrapped with a matte finish. Fill your home with beautiful Bowers & Wilkins sound.
Decoupled Double Dome Tweeter
Tweeter diaphragms must be light and stiff, to reproduce high notes accurately. Bowers & Wilkins' Double Dome tweeters use a thin and light aluminium dome, surrounded by a thicker ring, to prevent audible distortion. 600 Series tweeters are further 'Decoupled' from the cabinets to reduce vibration.
The same properties that let Kevlar stop a bullet also make it ideal for soaking up standing waves in a speaker cone, so they don't colour midrange sound. That's why the B&W midrange cones have been made with Kevlar since 1974. It delivers a cleaner sound, to a wider group of listeners. The new 600 Series continues this trend.
'Fixed Suspension Transducer' Kevlar cones are mounted in a narrow ring of foam. This 'surroundless' suspension minimizes distortion by converting unwanted energy into heat, not sound. The result is the cleanest midrange around.
The surface dimples around the 600 Series Flowport minimise turbulence by generating tiny eddy currents over which air can flow smoothly, like a golf ball. This reduces turbulence and leads to improved bass response at higher volumes.
|Name||B&W 603 Black|
|Sub Title||Floorstanding Speaker|
|Manufacturer||Bowers & Wilkins|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
- Technical features:
- Decoupled Double Dome aluminium tweeter
- Continuum cone FST™ midrange
- Paper / Kevlar bass cones
- Description: 3-way vented-box system
- Drive units:
- 1 x ø 25 mm (1 in) Decoupled aluminium Dome high-frequency
- 1x ø150mm (6 in) Continuum cone FST midrange
- 1 x ø 165 mm (6.5 in) Paper / Kevlar profile bass
- Frequency range: -6dB at 29Hz and 33kHz
- Frequency response: 48 Hz - 28 kHz ±3 dB
- Sensitivity: 88.5dB spl (2.83Vrms, 1m)
- Harmonic distortion:
- 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90 dB, 1 m)
- <1% 90Hz - 22kHz
- <0.5% 120Hz - 20kHz
- Nominal impedance: 8Ω (minimum 3.0 Ω)
- Recommended amplifier power: 30 W - 200 W into 8Ω on unclipped programme
- Height: 985mm (38.8 in) cabinet only / 1055mm (41.5 in) with plinth
- Width: 190mm (7.5 in) cabinet only / 320mm (12.6 in) with plinth
- Depth: 340mm (13.4 in) / 370mm (14.6 in) with plinth
- Net weight: 24.5kg (54 lb)
- Boxed Weight: 31.4kg (69.2 lb - single)
- Cabinet: Black
- Grille: Black