AudioQuest Niagara 7000 Details
AudioQuest Niagara 7000 Low-Z Noise-Dissipation System: The ultimate in AC power filtration
- Dielectric-Biased AC Isolation Transformers: AQ's patented technology greatly reduces non-linear distortions that have previously plagued even the finest magnetic-based systems
- Transient Power Correction: Provides over 90 amps peak instantaneous current reservoir with reduced line impedance for current-starved power amplifiers
- Patented Ground Noise-Dissipation System: 6 banks of direction-controlled ground noise dissipation
- 21-Octave Ultra-Linear Noise-Dissipation Technology: Ensures the most consistent and widest bandwidth noise dissipation possible
- Ultra Low-Z (low impedance) NRG Series AC Power Inlets and Outlets: Feature a grip with far lower resistance (utilizing far more mass than conventional or audiophile-grade designs)
AudioQuest is proud to introduce the Niagara 7000 Low-Z Power Noise-Dissipation System, a complete rethinking of AC power filtration, designed by one of the field’s foremost experts, Garth Powell. The Niagara 7000 revolutionizes the art and science of AC power — it’s a product that will inspire audio/video enthusiasts and help to create an even more immersive, emotionally compelling experience.
In designing Niagara 7000, AudioQuest aimed to successfully address problems that prevent today’s audio/video components from achieving their potential. Due to the great increase in airborne and AC-line-transmitted radio signals, combined with overtaxed utility lines and the ever-increasing demands from high-definition audio/video components, a complete rethinking of AC power technology is needed to provide our A/V systems with the power required to fulfill their potential.
Further, today’s power amplifiers are being taxed for instantaneous peak-current demand, even when they’re driven at modest volumes. Although there has been a substantial increase in dynamic range from much audio software, loudspeakers are often no more efficient than they were 50 years ago. This places great demands on an amplifier’s power supply, as well as the source AC power supplying it. In AudioQuest’s efforts to properly accommodate the promise of today’s ever-increasing bandwidth and dynamic range, the Niagara 7000 affords extremely low system noise and provides superior current delivery across a very wide range of frequencies.
Through differential sample tests and spectrum analysis, it can be proven that up to a third of a high-resolution (low-level) audio signal can be lost, masked, or highly distorted by the vast levels of noise riding along the AC power lines that feed components. This noise couples with the signal circuitry as current noise and through AC ground, permanently distorting and/or masking the source signal. Today’s sensitive components need better alternating current.
True audio/video optimization is never a matter of any one secret or exotic circuit. When it comes to noise dissipation for AC power, many approaches can yield meaningful results. However, these approaches may also impart ringing, current compression, and non-linear distortions that can render the cure worse than the disease. While there currently exist a number of AC power conditioners, isolation transformers, regeneration amplifiers, and battery back-up system topologies, Niagara 7000 takes a holistic, science-based approach to AC power technology and represents a comprehensive solution to the ever-increasing noise that plagues modern power lines.
In the Niagara 7000, you’ll find optimized radio-frequency lead directionality, run-in capacitor forming technologies developed by Jet Propulsion Laboratories and NASA, and AC inlet and outlet contacts with heavy silver plating over extreme-purity copper assuring the tightest grip possible.
The Niagara 7000 uses AudioQuest’s patented AC Ground Noise-Dissipation System, the world’s first Dielectric-Biased AC Isolation Transformers, and the widest bandwidth-linearized noise-dissipation circuit in the industry. AudioQuest’s unique passive/active Transient Power Correction Circuit features an instantaneous current reservoir of over 90 amps peak, specifically designed for today’s current-starved power amplifiers. Most AC power products featuring “high-current outlets” merely minimize current compression; the Niagara 7000 corrects it.
With an AudioQuest Niagara 7000, music lovers can finally experience the clarity, dimensionality, frequency extension, dynamic contrast, and grip their A/V systems have been capable of delivering — if only the power had been right!
|Name||AudioQuest Niagara 7000|
|Sub Title||Low-Z Power Noise-Dissipation System|
|Special price displayed in cart only||N/A|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
- Surge Suppression: Non-sacrificial (nothing to damage with repeated 6000V/3000A input surge tests, which is the maximum that can survive through a building's AC electrical panel).
- Extreme Voltage Shutdown Voltage: 140VAC (will activate the main high-current relay to open within less than 0.25 second; automatically resets once the incoming power is within a safe range)
- Common-Mode Noise Dissipation: In excess of 30dB from 60Hz to 100MHz, linearized for dynamic (rising) line impedance with frequency (source) and 10 to 50 ohm load, system current dependent
- Transverse-Mode Noise Dissipation: In excess of 24dB from 3kHz to 1GHz, linearized for dynamic (rising) line impedance with frequency (source) and 10 to 50 ohm load, system current dependent
- Input Current Maximum Capacity: 20 amps RMS (total)
- Ultra-Linear Dielectric-Biased Symmetrical Power AC Outlet Banks: 4 (two 100% isolated groups total). Group one is AC Bank 5/6 and group two is Bank 3/4 (5 amps RMS total per group, maximum output current capacity)
- Number of AC Outlets: 12 (4 High Current/Transient Power Correction; 8 Ultra-Linear/ Dielectric-Biased Symmetrical Power)
- Power Consumption: Typically, less than 0.25 amps at 120VAC input, or with the power correction switched to Standby setting
- Dimensions: 17.5" W x 5.24" H x 17.2" D (3-RU rack-mounting ears, optional from AudioQuest)
- Weight: 81 lbs.