AudioQuest DragonFly Red Details
- Delivers cleaner, clearer, more naturally detailed music to headphones, powered speakers, and complete audio systems
- Plays all music files: MP3 to high-resolution
- Compatible with Apple and Windows PCs, as well as Apple iOS (5 and newer; requires Apple Camera Adapter Kit) and Android (4.1 and newer; requires Made for Android adaptor)
- Employs high-performance ESS 9016 minimum-phase, 32-bit decoding and onboard bit-perfect digital volume control for the lowest possible distortion
- Offers rendering for MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) audio files with firmware update
- High output (2.1 volts) drives a wide range of moderate- to high-efficiency headphones
The size and shape of a USB thumb-drive, DragonFly Red is a digital-to-analog converter with a USB plug at one end and a 3.5mm mini-jack at the opposite end.
Compatible with Apple OS X and Windows (7, 8.1, 10) PCs, DragonFly Red can be plugged into a USB port to bypass the host computer’s compromised audio circuitry and deliver cleaner, clearer, more naturally beautiful sound to headphones, powered speakers, or complete audio systems.
Thanks to its low-noise, high-efficiency Microchip microcontroller, DragonFly Red draws extremely low power from the host, enabling seamless compatibility with Apple iOS and Android mobile devices. DragonFly Red requires no additional drivers and plays all digital files — from MP3 to high-res (with native resolutions up to 24 bits and 96kHz).
It features StreamlengthTM asynchronous USB code, which ensures low jitter, low resource load, minimal packet errors, world-class audio playback, and reliable connectivity between DragonFly and any computing device compliant with USB Host Mode. DragonFly Red’s 32-bit ESS 9016 DAC chip uses a sophisticated minimum-phase digital filter to provide more naturally detailed and dynamic music, while the bit-perfect digital volume control enables maximum resolution regardless of volume setting: With DragonFly Red connected to a PC or mobile device, adjusting the host’s volume control will adjust DF Red’s onboard volume.
With an output of 2.1 volts, DragonFly Red delivers enough power to successfully drive all preamplifier, integrated amplifier, or receiver inputs, as well as a wide range of today’s headphones, including power-hungry models.
AudioQuest’s free Desktop Device Manager application allows for software upgrades to meet future technological advancements.
With DragonFly Red, music lovers can enjoy an emotionally compelling listening experience, at home or on the go, with the computer or mobile device of their choice.
|Name||AudioQuest DragonFly Red|
|Sub Title||Async Plug-in USB Digital-to-Analog Converter|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
Plays All Music Files: MP3 to 24-bit/192kHz
Variable output drives powered speakers or a power amplifier
Fixed output feeds preamp or AV receiver
Compatible with Apple and Windows PCs, as well as iOS and Android devices (requires Apple Camera Adapter or Made for Android/OTG adaptor)
Asynchronous Class 1 USB data transfer using the Streamlength protocol
High output (2.1 volts) drives almost all headphones, including power-hungry models
32-bit ESS 9016 DAC with minimum-phase filter
Bit-perfect digital volume control