AudioQuest Chicago-RCA Details
AudioQuest Chicago RCA Analog Interconnect Cables
- Asymmetrical Conductors for lower impedence for critical ground
- Double-balanced Geometry, shield not used for signal ground
- Metal-Layer Noise-Dissipation System (NDS)
- Solid Long-Grain Copper (LGC) Conductors
- Cold Welded Gold-Plated Plugs
- Hard-Cell Foam insulation
- Braided Jacket (or PVC at certain lengths)
Solid long-grain (LGC) conductors
Solid conductors eliminate strand-interaction distortion. Chicago’s solid Long-Grain Copper allows a smoother and clearer sound than cables using regular OFHC (Oxygen-Free High-Conductivity) copper. OFHC is a general metal industry specification regarding “loss” without any concern for distortion. LGC has fewer oxides within the conducting material, less impurities, less grain boundaries, and definitively better performance.
Nitrogen-injected hard-cell foam insulation
Nitrogen-Injected Hard-Cell Foam insulation is used exclusively in most of AudioQuest’s video and digital audio cables. Similar to Foamed-PE, it is nitrogen-injected to create air pockets. ‘Hard’ foam is used because the stiffness of the material allows the conductors in the cable to maintain the same relationship with each other along the full length of the cable, thus ensuring that the characteristic impedance of the cable is consistent.
Metal-layer noise-dissipation system (NDS)
100% shield coverage is easy. Preventing captured RF Interference from modulating the equipment’s ground reference requires AQ’s Noise-Dissipation System. Noise-Dissipation System prevents a significant amount of RFI from reaching the equipment’s ground plane.
Two ideal audio conductors separate from the cable’s shield. Not only does this prevent the shield from being used as an inferior audio path, but it further optimizes sound quality by only grounding the shield at one end, reducing system ground-plane modulation.
Cold-welded gold-plated plugs
This plug design allows for a connection devoid of solder, which is a common source of distortion. Because the ground shells are stamped instead of machined, the metal can be chosen for low distortion instead of machinability.
|Sub Title||Analog Interconnect Cable|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
- Solid long-grain copper (LGC) conductors
- Metal-layer noise-dissipation system (NDS)
- Asymmetrical conductors for lower impedence for critical ground
- Double-balanced geometry, shield not used for signal ground
- Hard-cell foam insulation
- Only available in RCA terminations