Audioengine W3 Details
Audioengine W3 Premium Wireless Audio Adapter: Transmits CD-quality stereo sound
- Send wireless audio to up to 3 rooms or zones
- Works with Mac or PC (or without a computer)
- Plug-n-play for easy setup -- no software to download or install
- Super-compact size, no batteries required
- 100 ft. range with no dropouts or interference
- CD-quality stereo sound with no reduction in audio quality
- Plays all music formats from any media player
The Audioengine W3 Premium Wireless Audio Adapter lets you play all your music wirelessly from your computer or any audio device to powered speakers, stereo receiver, or powered subwoofer. The W3 provides CD-quality stereo sound with the ability to broadcast to multiple Receivers with no reduction in audio quality.
The Audioengine W3 is designed to connect your audio components wirelessly. The W3 handles USB audio up to 16 bits/48KHz with no compression, as well as analog audio via a 3.5mm mini-jack. Think of the W3 as a wireless 16-bit USB DAC as well as a wireless audio link.
The W3 consists of 2 parts, the "Sender" and "Receiver". The Sender transmits audio from your computer through USB audio or from any product with 3.5mm mini-jack or RCA audio outputs. The other side of W3, the Receiver, delivers audio to any product with mini-jack or RCA audio connectors.
Power for the Sender and Receiver is provided from either a USB computer port, from the included power adapter, or from any other USB charger (such as an iPod charger, for example). Another power source is the Audioengine 5+ powered speakers, which are equipped with a USB power port on the rear panel.
Differences between the W3 and W1
The main difference between W3 and the now-retired W1 is that while the W1 can only "hop" between multiple receivers, the W3 can transmit to up to 3 receivers simultaneously. In addition, the W3 provides greater resistance to interference from other Wi-Fi devices.
Unwire your music
Hear all your music - no dropouts, static, or noise. Some pretty clever engineering means your music remains free from interference from wireless routers, cordless and mobile phones, microwave ovens, Bluetooth and WiFi devices. Wireless that works.
Easy setup and simple operation
Bypass your computer's sound card or headphone jack and send wireless audio to any music system. W3 transmits all music file formats from any computer media player and can simultaneously transmit audio to up to 3 wireless receivers. The 100ft (30m) typical range, low latency, built-in DAC, and resistance to interference and dropouts makes W3 the best-sounding 16-bit wireless system available.
|Sub Title||Premium Wireless Audio Adapter|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
- DAC type: Dual mode USB and analog (via CS5343 ADC) wireless DAC
- Inputs: USB audio, mini-jack analog
- Outputs: analog mini-jack
- DAC: CS4344
- ADC: CS5343
- Full scale output: 1.0Vrms
- Output impedance: 470 ohms
- Power source: Sender- USB from computer or adapter, Receiver- USB power adapter
- Power requirements: Sender- 180mA, 5V, Receiver- 150mA, 5V
- SNR: 95dB
- THD+N: 0.01%
- Crosstalk: -65dB
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20KHz, +/- .2dB
- Input bit depth: up to 16 bits native
- Input sample rate: up to 48KHz native
- USB device class: type 1.1 or above
- Wireless range: >100ft
- Latency: <20ms
- Receivers supported: up to 3
- Product dimensions(LxWxH): 100x30x10mm (3.91" x 1.18" x .39")
- Shipping weight: 1 lb
- Environmental: Operating Temperature: 32 to 95 degrees F, Non-operating Temp: -4 to 113 degrees F, Relative Humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing Advantages of wireless
The W3 wireless system transmits bit-perfect PCM-stereo simultaneously to up to 3 receivers. Because the USB controller in the Sender and the DAC in the Receiver are segregated by the wireless subsystem, various anomalies which plague many wired DACs such as jitter, grounding, and induced cable noise are greatly reduced. In addition, the W3 allows the user to physically isolate a potentially noisy computer from the sensitive audio components in your system.W3 USB
The W3 utilizes the TI CC8520 PurePath USB wireless system-on-a-chip solutions, TI's newest offering to the wireless audio arena. The Sender can be powered directly from the USB bus or from the included external power adapter.W3 DAC
The W3 Receiver utilizes the CS4344 DAC, a solid, well regarded industry mainstay. Due to the CS4344's's high signal-to-noise specs, the W3 presents impressive low noise and low distortion characteristics.